Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Urias

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Urias

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    He's back up already. I just picked him up to stash now.
    I had seen that too. I meant to post it here and forgot, then thought I already had.
    Glad I didn't burn a demotion and was patient keeping him up. Hopefully this one goes a little better. I would even be happy with 5in, 3ER and 4K to allow him to get his footing.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I had seen that too. I meant to post it here and forgot, then thought I already had.
    Glad I didn't burn a demotion and was patient keeping him up. Hopefully this one goes a little better. I would even be happy with 5in, 3ER and 4K to allow him to get his footing.
    Well I wasn't too far off: 5in, 5ER, 4K as a final stat line for the day.

His next start should be a slightly better matchup against the Rockies if he says in the rotation, and with Wood still on the DL he will. Lots of time for the 19 year old to figure it out in the majors.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

After that rocky start, Urias has only allowed 5 runs in his last 4 starts (19.1 IP and 28 K).

Sounds like this is his last start though.

Dobber Sports Titan

After that rocky start, Urias has only allowed 5 runs in his last 4 starts (19.1 IP and 28 K).

Sounds like this is his last start though.
    I have heard that as well. Still not sure if he gets moved to the bullpen or sent down though. Time will tell, but he has certainly looked the part of an MLB starter recently.

Dobber Sports Titan

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/7537

Well apparently he will be getting another start because the Dodgers rotation is so decimated right now.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Damn....

Tue, Jul 5

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said LHP Julio Urias will likely be optioned to Triple-A Oklahoma City on Tuesday.

Advice: Urias was expected to make one more start before the All-Star break but instead he'll head back to the minor leagues. The demotion has more to do with Urias' workload than his performance. He's already at 77 1/3 innings this season, which is only 10 1/3 shy of his career-high set in 2014. The 19-year-old will continue to pitch, possibly as a reliever or on a limited pitch count. He'll be back with the Dodgers at some point in 2016.

Dobber Sports Titan

Damn....
    That's too bad, but I can't say I'm very surprised.
    120IP next season as a starter maybe?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    That's too bad, but I can't say I'm very surprised.
    120IP next season as a starter maybe?
    Another start slated for tonight against the Phillies. It seems the more unheralded rookie pitchers are the ones that are worth picking up this year....Fullmer, Musgrove, Bundy, Skaggs.......Berrios, Giolito and Urias have disappointed.

Severino is going tomorrow too

Dobber Sports Titan

I haven't had a chance to follow him much, and will probably catch up on the forums before full fantasy baseball stuff.
    Is he starting or coming out of the pen?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Started last night and gave up 3 runs over 5 but got the win. Only 2 K though.

He likely goes back to the pen if Rich Hill ever deals with his blister issue.

Dobber Sports Titan

To be fair, all the “unheralded” rookies mentioned were top prospects. Fulmer was the big piece in the Cespedes trade, Bundy was a 15th (I think) overall pick, Skaggs was a top prospect, Musgrove was a big piece in the Reyes trade. But out of the Rookie Pitchers everyone was going gaga over, Snell has actually done well.

Over the last month, 2W, 1.93ERA, 1.16WHIP, 11.19k/9, 2QS, 23.1IP, 4Games started. He however clearly isn’t being pushed, he can’t get 7IP to save his life.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    To be fair, all the “unheralded” rookies mentioned were top prospects. Fulmer was the big piece in the Cespedes trade, Bundy was a 15th (I think) overall pick, Skaggs was a top prospect, Musgrove was a big piece in the Reyes trade. But out of the Rookie Pitchers everyone was going gaga over, Snell has actually done well.

Over the last month, 2W, 1.93ERA, 1.16WHIP, 11.19k/9, 2QS, 23.1IP, 4Games started. He however clearly isn’t being pushed, he can’t get 7IP to save his life.
    Good call I worried that incorrectly. I just meant of the BIG prospects everyone was going nuts over.......but I did forget about Snell...and Tallion is solid as well.