Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Next year's breakout goalies

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Next year's breakout goalies

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    The duo of M Smith/Domingue......not sure it's a breakout by definition unless Domingue runs with it.....but I LOVE the tandem as a value play in 16-17......the coyotes are truely building a solid team in a division who's top tier teams are aging and saddling themselves with terrible contracts......
    I was about to write pretty much the same thing and was wondering why nobody mentioned the ARZ goalies in this thread until you did.
    Smith has been better than his reputation and Domingue showed he could be good enough as a future asset. And this team is definitely on the rise. The ARZ starter makes for a very solid 3rd G for the moment and could be worth a lot more within relatively short time.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Stud

Saros looks like he will be the backup in Nashville next year and with a Rinne injury he could run with the starting job for a bit.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Yonald View Post
    Saros looks like he will be the backup in Nashville next year and with a Rinne injury he could run with the starting job for a bit.
    I don't know if they want Saros up and sitting on the bench. I think Mazanec would take over the backup job if Hutton walks, and then like Pittsburgh with Murray last year, if there is a Rinne (Fleury) injury, they call up the AHL starter to start full time over the normal backup Mazanec (Murray).

Bottom line of what I was saying is that yes I agree Saros is a Rinne injury away from being a very valuable own, however don't be surprised to see him in the AHL full time to start the year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Saw a couple comments about Calgary..........they need a stopgap for 2-3 years until Gillies (22) is ready. Do they go get a bigger name guy who might command more years? I don't know but Gillies is clearly the "goalie of the future." It's not inconceivable that he could step up, but it's highly unlikely after losing 6 months of his 1st AHL season to injury. Hard to find any news on that, but he should just be coming out of that now, and will need to regain his feel and confidence for at least a season in Stockton, if not two. Mason McDonald is behind him, but a few years back, and not with his pedigree. I saw Gillies for one game in the AHL last year but he got hurt right after that. I have him on my prospect roster, you can be sure I will be scouting him this year!

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Stud

Gibson - once Andersen is dealt, he will be the man in Anaheim and thus will be in the best situation of any young tendy
    Hellebuyck - is going to be a real thorn in Pavalec's side until he steals the gig full-time by christmas
    Pickard - a fantastic darkhorse as he's going up against the wildly inconsistent Varlamov and could steal a ton of starts if he gets hot at the right time.
    Greiss - looks like the Islanders game one starter. Up to him how long he rides the wave.
    Niemi - I have a strong feeling that he'll get the reigns a lot more next season. Not a typical breakout, but a late career re-breakout of sorts.
    Grabauer - Just for fun, if Holtby runs into a serious injury, this kid is going to step into a saweeeet spot and get a ton of wins.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

dont' know if i'd call it a "breakout", but in terms of a bigger impact next year, what about Vasilevski? Bishop's in his final year, and we all know they've got enough problems with keeping upcoming RFA's/UFA's. Good chance Bishop gets shopped around me thinks.
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Agree, particularly on the Lack point. I get the impression that CAR isn't quite sold on Lack and may try to acquire another goalie which would pretty much kill Lack's potential unless he is given the opportunity and can out perform. I would put this in the wait and see category and see what happens over the summer with trades and signings. I have Lack, who I will probably not protect. I also have Hellebuyck who I will protect. Have Robyn in another league... I don't have much confidence in him at this point, but we'll see. Reimer could be interesting on either team, CGY recently traded away some D, while the D in CAR are pretty young...
    15 Team, 2G, 5D, 10F, pts/+-, Protect 11, 5$/yr long term contracts, 200$ Salary Cap, Bidding Draft.

F: Elias Lindholm(8$), Jake Guentzel(11$), Josh Anderson(1$), Kevin Labanc(7$), William Nylander(13$), Alex Galchenyuk(2$)
    D: Victor Hedman(39$), Ryan Pulock(1$), Thomas Chabot(4$)
    G: Jacob Markstrom(1$), MacKenzie Blackwood(1$)*

Dobber Sports Icon

would you rather Lack or Pickard? i have one more move for the season...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm surprised at all the Pickard talk. He's good but won't he be needing to stand on his head for the season behind that Colorado team to put up anything resembling respectable numbers? You can bet that if Colorado sucks Pickard will be on a short leash whenever Varly is healthy
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    would you rather Lack or Pickard? i have one more move for the season...
    How much time do you have to make the decision? The longer you can wait for Carolina's situation to shake out and decide, the better
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I hope for a John Gibson and Connor Hellebuyck breakout...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another vote for Lehner as a sleeper.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Stud

Saros will start getting starts - and I predict he will be sensational.

Markstrom will become bona fide starter, and be above average.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Saros will start getting starts - and I predict he will be sensational.

Markstrom will become bona fide starter, and be above average.
    Agreed on both counts. Markstrom is coming into his own but will be hung with plenty of losses for the foreseeable future. Could be a strong save percentage guy though. I like his future if Van gets their shit together (tough to imagine at this point) or if he moves on when Demko comes ridin' in hot.

Big big fan of Juuse.. I think he can steal starts from Rinne this year for a titch and then really start knocking on the door in '17-18. His size will be a knock that will be very difficult to get over, but man does he have game. Plus, Rinne is just plain mediocre and has been for many years.

The legend of Rinne being a star continues to get ink, but his numbers speak for themselves: .908 .923 .902 .910 in the past four seasons.. an average save percentage of .911. The last two playoff runs have seem him put up a whopping .907 average. He had two rockstar years in 2010-11 and 2011-12 with his '11-12 playoff run also being strong. Thats it. Otherwise he plays a bunch of games, puts up medium to sub-par numbers. But hey, he's tall!

At age 34 next season, the clock is ticking on Rinne and the Preds know it. Saros will get a chance at some point here.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.