Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Raptors playoffs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Raptors playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Those guys just attend. They're just fans. Drake goes on the court. He's in the damn huddle during timeouts. He's a jackass and an embarrassment to the entire country.
    You've obviously never seen a Lakers game when Nicholson has gotten into the refs face (it's happened MANY times), or when Reggie Miller and Spike Lee went back and forth during the playoff games. They are more than just "fans".
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Drake I think has more of a right to be on the court than some of the other guys that have ran onto the court freaking out. Drake is technically an employee of the Raps, as dumb as some think. I just wish Drake was more ….devoted to the Raps? It kinda sucks when pictures of him pop up with Cavs stuff on, or Chicago stuff, but it is what it is.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Drake I think has more of a right to be on the court than some of the other guys that have ran onto the court freaking out. Drake is technically an employee of the Raps, as dumb as some think. I just wish Drake was more ….devoted to the Raps? It kinda sucks when pictures of him pop up with Cavs stuff on, or Chicago stuff, but it is what it is.
    Drake is not an employee of the Raptors. Everything he does to help promote them is voluntary (although he does benefit from the exposure).

The organization doesn't pay him a dime... they just collaborate with him and give him creative freedom to do his thing and he comes and goes as he pleases. All he gets from them is that court side seat.

He has really helped put the Raptors on the map in terms of building the young fan base and garnering more international attention from the arts world.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Drake is not an employee of the Raptors. Everything he does to help promote them is voluntary (although he does benefit from the exposure).

The organization doesn't pay him a dime... they just collaborate with him and give him creative freedom to do his thing and he comes and goes as he pleases. All he gets from them is that court side seat.

He has really helped put the Raptors on the map in terms of building the young fan base and garnering more international attention from the arts world.
    So he does a service, and gets a gift in return? He's actually the Raptors Global Ambassador. He's actually apart of the organization, and Tim lieweke or whatever hired him on after he hired musai (raps Gm, can't spell) was good with the agreement.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    ...Nicholson has gotten into the refs face (it's happened MANY times), or when Reggie Miller and Spike Lee went back and forth during the playoff games. They are more than just "fans".
    Agreed! Drake is a fly on the wall compared to Nicholson!!

Courtside 1

Courtside 2

Team Huddle 1
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So he does a service, and gets a gift in return? He's actually the Raptors Global Ambassador. He's actually apart of the organization, and Tim lieweke or whatever hired him on after he hired musai (raps Gm, can't spell) was good with the agreement.
    He's not an employee nor is he legally part of the organization. He does it because he genuinely loves Toronto and obviously it helps promote his own personal brand to a new audience (sports fans).

That "Raptors Global Ambassador" thing is just a marketing title. I know the woman (head of marketing for MLSE) who collaborates directly with him on promotions... went to school with her.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Those guys just attend. They're just fans. Drake goes on the court. He's in the damn huddle during timeouts. He's a jackass and an embarrassment to the entire country.
    Drake is no Bieber though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    lol, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

I think most Raptors fans have to be a little surprised that the series is tied at 2.

I'll continue cheering for them, just like I did for the Expos and do for the Blue Jays. I still struggle to watch an entire basketball game...I'll just watch the last two minutes - if it's a game, two minutes turns into about an hour, if it's not a game, I can turn the channel.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

He's not an employee nor is he legally part of the organization. He does it because he genuinely loves Toronto and obviously it helps promote his own personal brand to a new audience (sports fans).

That "Raptors Global Ambassador" thing is just a marketing title. I know the woman (head of marketing for MLSE) who collaborates directly with him on promotions... went to school with her.
    The NBA considers him an employee. Remember he was fined $25k for his “recruitment” of Kevin Durant during a concert? NBA considered it public recruiting, which is considered tampering. Which can’t be done by team employees, but it’s stricter when it comes to non-players. Player to Player recruitment is used as marketing and the NBA loves having double standards. Player to Player recruiting I’m pretty sure is still under the anti-tampering rules, but the league turns a blind eye to that.

He’s literally listed by the Raptors to the NBA as a “Global Brand Ambassador” which makes me an employee of the team, so he’s subject to the NBA’s anti-tampering rules. He’s an employee

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've been fined by the TTC, York University and the city of Toronto. Guess I must be an employee of all three of those too...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I've been fined by the TTC, York University and the city of Toronto. Guess I must be an employee of all three of those too...
    You're being silly.

Took me 30 seconds worth of searching to see that the NBA obviously considers Drake to be, in some way, employed by the team. It's in a strange grey area but it's there.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle19990536/

While its not unheard of for NBA players to try and woo fellow players to come and play for their teams, it is a problem in Drake’s case. The Toronto-born Canadian recording artist is listed as a “Global Brand Ambassador” with the Raptors which effectively makes him an employee of the team and thus subject to the NBA’s anti-tampering rules.

Dobber Sports Titan

You know what, you’re 10,000,000,000% right, all fines are the same, and that Drake if not an employee of the Raptors would still get fined $25k. You’re so correct.

Durant, I want you to come to Toronto in the offseason.

Looks like I’ll get fined for $25k now based on that logic. Next step is to fine all the internet bloggers/writers by saying Durant should go to a certain team they root for, next fine the announcers, and next fine the intermission commentators. Because since they’re also “not employees” doing the same thing Drake did, better fine them.

Dobber Sports Titan

That was nothing short of embarassaing

Dobber Sports Deity

Thumped! LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Force game 7 and then who cares...but these losses in Cleveland have been disturbing.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Force game 7 and then who cares...but these losses in Cleveland have been disturbing.
    Honestly, even if they lose in Toronto tmo, how can you really not like that too. The crowd would give such a good standing O for them, we’ve appreciated everything they’ve done this season.

However, forcing a game 7 would be great, really shut up the Nay sayers. But this is the fear of playing vs Cleveland, it’s tough to keep 2/3 stars down for a series, Love really showed up yesterday.

Eliminate Turnovers, hit your FT. That’s been the solution to every Toronto loss this yr. Toronto’s team can’t give up easy points (for or against), because they don’t have that offense that can turn out a 20-5 run quickly. Good on Cleveland for forcing the play tho, that’s a big way to beat Toronto. Speed the game up.