Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Raptors playoffs

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Raptors playoffs

How is it that the Raptors don't shoot a free-throw for the whole first half, and Cleveland has 4 fouls to Toronto's 10 (7 free throws).
    Usually you can chalk up poor reffing to a bit of a difference of opinions on split second calls, but this is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

When the crowd is chanting Bull-S**t, you know something is up.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

There's been some awful calls and non-calls. I'm numb to it now.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Biyombo is such a difference-maker!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Biyombo is such a difference-maker!
    The finger wagging is what really sets him apart.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Raps were getting no calls, Lowry and Derozan carried the team and Biyombo was a beast on the boards again.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ninja

I've come to accept that the league will do everything in its power to see Lebron and the Cavs in the finals instead of the Raptors, including influencing the refs.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    More so mocking people who think they had a shred of chance in this series, and people who thought pissing off Lebron would benefit. Also, the fact that being a second round team is the "best in team history" is embarrassing. Sure, they're in the third round. They aren't a third round team. Thunder would smash the Raps, so would the Warriors, just as the Cavs are. Hell, the Spurs would probably smash the Raps too, and I bet Portland would have won the series as well.

Kind've like this, people who don't understand the salary cap is mostly irrelevant in basketball, and superstars impact who wins, not depth. This series isn't even competitive.
    Gotta love the tied up non-competitive series in the third round by a non-third round team. I really don't understand why some people can't just enjoy the fact that a team that hardly ever has success, is giving their fans something really awesome to cheer about. I'm a marginal basketball fan and find it really fun to watch, even though I didn't give them much of a chance at all of winning more than a game when the series started.

Just enjoy what you're seeing instead of having to be the debbie downer in the room.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Gotta love the tied up non-competitive series in the third round by a non-third round team. I really don't understand why some people can't just enjoy the fact that a team that hardly ever has success, is giving their fans something really awesome to cheer about. I'm a marginal basketball fan and find it really fun to watch, even though I didn't give them much of a chance at all of winning more than a game when the series started.

Just enjoy what you're seeing instead of having to be the debbie downer in the room.
    Ya, he's kinda hiding under his rock right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I couldn’t believe game 4. Should have been a blowout. I counted 10 fouls in the first half uncalled. I counted about 3 And 1’s. There was about 4 fouls called against Toronto where they were just phantom calls where nothing actually happened. The refs tried to even out the total fouls given by a 3rd quarter to even out the totals but they were all fouls on the floor.

I was really trying to bite my tongue on the previous 2 games in Cleveland, but so help me if this is home court reffing, I’m not prepared to see what it’ll now be like in Cleveland.

Biyombo is a much better perimeter defender than I thought. He’s quite the smart player actually. A couple of times he guarded Lebron on a switch (should have been covering him not Frye anyways) he gave Lebron the 3pt shot/deep 2. He encouraged Lebron a couple of times to come at him, and Lebron took about 4 steps forward and passed off because he knew he’d have a tough shot.

Toronto would have exploded if the backcourt ref didn’t call the foul against Cleveland when Biyombo was pushed out of bounds. And on that note, I saw a couple of fouls that Lebron committed that they gave to like Deledova. GD refs are making it tough.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ya, he's kinda hiding under his rock right now.
    Pretty well documented that I don't go on the forums on weekends. Never have, never will. So I'm not "hiding", just not even present. Good for the Raptors. I'm not backpedaling. Cavs played like shit game 3 and they took advantage. If you want to complain about reffing all the time, well. Power to you I guess. But to answer your thought, F*** the Raptors. I don't ever want to see that team have success, so seeing them have any modicum of success is counter-productive to "enjoying what I'm seeing". Hopefully, the LeeeBron's wake up and start playing like themselves. It's fun watching the plucky underdog get dominated.

Dobber Sports Titan

Pretty well documented that I don't go on the forums on weekends. Never have, never will. So I'm not "hiding", just not even present. Good for the Raptors. I'm not backpedaling. Cavs played like shit game 3 and they took advantage. If you want to complain about reffing all the time, well. Power to you I guess. But to answer your thought, F*** the Raptors. I don't ever want to see that team have success, so seeing them have any modicum of success is counter-productive to "enjoying what I'm seeing". Hopefully, the LeeeBron's wake up and start playing like themselves. It's fun watching the plucky underdog get dominated.
    Just out of curiosity, can you honestly say you didn’t see any terribly missed calls against Cleveland when Toronto was shooting? I know they miss a couple of them a game, but there was a bunch my mom was even calling. Or when they called a jump ball when the Cavs player grabbed Biyombo’s wrists? Or when Biyombo was pushed out of bounds and the backcourt ref had to overrule the “out of bounds” call? Game 4 was reffed pretty badly, and any foul the refs did call, were all on the floor so no shots. I don’t like blaming refs for the outcome of games, but it’s getting really bad in this series.

And why don’t you like the Raps? Just not a fan? In my eyes the Raps are what true basketball is out of the final 4 teams (obviously this is personal, biased opinion). Warriors are a terrible ran team that’s crazy good at shooting. No high school basketball coach is going to show his/her team game tape of them and say, “play like this”. They have terrible shot selection but are good at 3s. If they win again this yr, I’m afraid teams are going to start copying them, and basketball is going to be super boring. OKC is all fast break and 2 guys. No team. Cavs are high gamble defenders who, I think, get the benefit of whistles. But they also rely a lot of 3 elite players, and are the “Buying a championship” team this yr. Toronto is how you teach kids to play. I’m not arguing with you on this part, just curious on the hate towards them?

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can you honestly say you didn’t see any terribly missed calls against Cleveland when Toronto was shooting? I know they miss a couple of them a game, but there was a bunch my mom was even calling. Or when they called a jump ball when the Cavs player grabbed Biyombo’s wrists? Or when Biyombo was pushed out of bounds and the backcourt ref had to overrule the “out of bounds” call? Game 4 was reffed pretty badly, and any foul the refs did call, were all on the floor so no shots. I don’t like blaming refs for the outcome of games, but it’s getting really bad in this series.

And why don’t you like the Raps? Just not a fan? In my eyes the Raps are what true basketball is out of the final 4 teams (obviously this is personal, biased opinion). Warriors are a terrible ran team that’s crazy good at shooting. No high school basketball coach is going to show his/her team game tape of them and say, “play like this”. They have terrible shot selection but are good at 3s. If they win again this yr, I’m afraid teams are going to start copying them, and basketball is going to be super boring. OKC is all fast break and 2 guys. No team. Cavs are high gamble defenders who, I think, get the benefit of whistles. But they also rely a lot of 3 elite players, and are the “Buying a championship” team this yr. Toronto is how you teach kids to play. I’m not arguing with you on this part, just curious on the hate towards them?
    Drake. "We The North". Stupid gimmicky bullshit that real franchises don't waste their time with. And reffing is bad in basketball. Stars get all the calls. That's how it ALWAYS is. If you keep complaining about it, well than you just come off as a whiner. Shit, I wish hockey was reffed the way basketball was. At least basketball has enough sense to promote their stars instead of inhibit them.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ok, I guess there's always gotta be a couple of your types around to try and ruin things. Too bad for you, the rest of us are having fun.

Dobber Sports Titan

Drake. "We The North". Stupid gimmicky bullshit that real franchises don't waste their time with. And reffing is bad in basketball. Stars get all the calls. That's how it ALWAYS is. If you keep complaining about it, well than you just come off as a whiner. Shit, I wish hockey was reffed the way basketball was. At least basketball has enough sense to promote their stars instead of inhibit them.
    See I’m the opposite with fouls; I want it fair across the board. I’m the type of thinker who says discipline is an attribute stars need, especially in Basketball because it hurts you on the scoreboard (FT) and hurts your team down the line (Foul Out).

Fouls change the game drastically from how players defend future plays, the scoreboard, substitutions, Timeouts left at the end of the game, momentum, and prolly other things I’m not thinking of. When you stop calling them, or overcall them for specific players, it just creates an unfair playing field.

Or, just make it fair for each team. Derozan gets the same calls Lebron does. Or the same leash with the refs. Lowry same as Irving (who I really like actually, my guess is short career tho), and so on.

I get the Drake, We the North stuff tho somewhat. I don’t like it when other teams attack the saying. We the Gold, Timberwolves always pointing out they’re more North, and I’m sure there’s others. Ya we get it world, We The North isn’t liked. Get something new.

But it’s almost like Drake is a famous fan of the sport….Spike Lee, Jack Nicholson, Will Smith (76ers), Macklemore (Seahawks), Timberlake (Grizzlies), and Jay-Z (Nets). It’s almost like they like the team where they grew up.

Just wanted to get why the hate. Everyone’s got their reasons. I’m liking the series tho, East is much more fun to watch than the West, which has just been blowout after blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    But it’s almost like Drake is a famous fan of the sport….Spike Lee, Jack Nicholson, Will Smith (76ers), Macklemore (Seahawks), Timberlake (Grizzlies), and Jay-Z (Nets). It’s almost like they like the team where they grew up.
    Those guys just attend. They're just fans. Drake goes on the court. He's in the damn huddle during timeouts. He's a jackass and an embarrassment to the entire country.