Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Raptors playoffs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Raptors playoffs

This is pretty good.

https://twitter.com/JohnTory/status/732640163969544195

As Mayor of "Other" I felt the need to talk to @CBSSports about their poll. #WetheOther
    CircV_XUgAAcGVh.jpg
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This was great up until he made the parade comments. Overall though, love his "up yours" response to CBS.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I was expecting to lose tonight but boy... what a shit show

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Poor slighted Toronto. Doesn't matter that the poll was actually made before game 7. Boo hoo stop whining.

In other news, for the "what do we have to lose in pissing off Lebron crowd", uh. Well. That I'd say.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well, that "other" team CBS was referring to showed up to play last night, not the Raptors. Maybe the Raptors will play in the second game.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

This is what I was afraid of, a big blow out. They played pretty well minus the 20-2 run. Then they started forcing 3s that weren’t falling, and I saw fouls that should have been called to put Toronto on the line that weren’t called, but some that were called against Toronto. Not using this as an excuse, but when Toronto gets to the line, they play with much more confidence.

They played terribly for a big stretch, and I just want JV back. Here’s to hoping he’s back for game 3, but I really doubt it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Ok, it’s ok. 0-2 in game 1s the last 4 playoff rounds. 5-0 (6-0?) after a loss this yr. It’s still good, it’s still good.

Ha. Haha. Ha.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Ha. Haha. Ha.
    Yes, let's mock the Raptors after their most successful season in franchise history. Makes complete sense.

Dobber Sports Titan

I will never blame the refs for a loss, but geez I hate basketball officiating. Can’t breathe on Lebron without him getting a foul call. But 31 fouls to 16….Let that sink in. At one point when it was really close, it was 30 fouls to 10 I think they said, maybe 30FT to 10FT, that makes more sense. BUT COME ON. I’m not saying it’s because it’s a Canadian team, I’m sure anyone up against the Cavs have this trouble.

Toronto has done well, but seem to have a stretch where Cavs just hit the NOS button and the Raps look out of it. Toronto is the better playing team, but the other 3 teams just have so many superstars. David vs Goliath for sure.

Funny, Toronto was 27th in payroll this yr, and the only team out of the final 4 that won’t be paying the penalty tax next season, which really hampers the 3 other teams from improving. They can keep the same roster likely with the cap raising, but they can’t add to fill holes. Toronto also has 2 picks. They’re that one piece away from it I think. Instead of Derozan, they could have that guy who can win a series, not just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Yes, let's mock the Raptors after their most successful season in franchise history. Makes complete sense.
    More so mocking people who think they had a shred of chance in this series, and people who thought pissing off Lebron would benefit. Also, the fact that being a second round team is the "best in team history" is embarrassing. Sure, they're in the third round. They aren't a third round team. Thunder would smash the Raps, so would the Warriors, just as the Cavs are. Hell, the Spurs would probably smash the Raps too, and I bet Portland would have won the series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I will never blame the refs for a loss, but geez I hate basketball officiating. Can’t breathe on Lebron without him getting a foul call. But 31 fouls to 16….Let that sink in. At one point when it was really close, it was 30 fouls to 10 I think they said, maybe 30FT to 10FT, that makes more sense. BUT COME ON. I’m not saying it’s because it’s a Canadian team, I’m sure anyone up against the Cavs have this trouble.

Toronto has done well, but seem to have a stretch where Cavs just hit the NOS button and the Raps look out of it. Toronto is the better playing team, but the other 3 teams just have so many superstars. David vs Goliath for sure.

Funny, Toronto was 27th in payroll this yr, and the only team out of the final 4 that won’t be paying the penalty tax next season, which really hampers the 3 other teams from improving. They can keep the same roster likely with the cap raising, but they can’t add to fill holes. Toronto also has 2 picks. They’re that one piece away from it I think. Instead of Derozan, they could have that guy who can win a series, not just a game.
    Kind've like this, people who don't understand the salary cap is mostly irrelevant in basketball, and superstars impact who wins, not depth. This series isn't even competitive.

Dobber Sports Deity

Big Biz! Raptors right back into it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It would be fun to see the Raptors tie it up at 2 games and watch people backpedal. I'd love to see Toronto win this series, but I won't hold my breath (I've tried it watching Fear Factor on TV whenever they have to stay underwater and I'd definitely drown after about 25 seconds).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Not holding my breath either. I just don't see it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Valanciunas has been "upgraded" to game-time decision for game 4 but I think it's just mind games. I doubt he actually plays today.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust