Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors playoffs

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Raptors playoffs

I don't think it was intentional. My guess is his brain went "Lebron is probably the best player in the game." But after the probably part, his brain remembered the current MVP and kind of switched it up. It just came out wrong.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Don't go to Red Lobster in Markham during a Raptors game, man service was terrible. But glad to see the Raps finally put some Finnish in their game.
    Don't go to Red Lobster... period.

Dobber Sports Titan

Toronto is in sink or swim territory in tonight’s game. If they lose, it better be in OT for them mentally. They can’t get blown out.

Raps are notorious for playing to their team they face. They had a great Western record, they took GSW who were fully healthy to the brink in their games, they were 1-1 against OKC, 2-0 against a really good Portland team, 1-1 vs San Antonio, and were 2-0 vs the Clippers. The Raps aren’t getting swept. If they can steal one away game, the crowd at home could be enough to make this an interesting series.

And finally, no pressure on Lowry and Derozan. They’ve gone to what the media/fans expected, they’ve finally started playing well, they come in with no expectations. Lowry averaged vs Cleveland 38min, 8assists, 3.3 steals, 31pts and shot 66%FG, and 43.8%3PT. Dude loves the big games.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Raptors don't have a prayer of winning this series... this coming from a loyal fan who's been to all the home playoff games except one.

I just hope they don't get swept. If they can push it to a 6 game series, for me that's a great outcome.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Don't go to Red Lobster in Markham during a Raptors game, man service was terrible. But glad to see the Raps finally put some Finnish in their game.
    Edit: don't go to Red Lobster ever!! HaHaHa..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Doesn't seem smart of Lowry to throw shots at Lebron before the series starts.
    What do they have to lose really?? They are huge underdogs and they might aswell try and get LeBron off his game somehow.. Maybe Bron Bron is scared of dinosaurs??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Raptors don't have a prayer of winning this series... this coming from a loyal fan who's been to all the home playoff games except one.

I just hope they don't get swept. If they can push it to a 6 game series, for me that's a great outcome.
    If they continue to screw around like they have so far in the playoffs, I agree. I don't watch a crap load of basketball but I have watched a lot of Raptors games so far in the playoffs.

I think they can make a good series of this if their big guns play like big guns. They simply cant afford to take a night off like they have done throughout the playoffs. I am not ready to say they get swept or lose in 5, but as I say, if they play to their capabilities, I think they can really stretch this series out and make the Cav's sweat.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

JV won’t play till game 3 at the earliest as Coach Casey announced. That’s what I guessed earlier. He hasn’t even started practicing. He’s out till Game 5 at the earliest is my opinion right now.

Dobber Sports Deity

Bizmack seems to be filling in just fine in his absence so I don't think it's too big of a loss for JV to be out. If they have to rely on JV for their scoring, they are already in trouble.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Bizmack seems to be filling in just fine in his absence so I don't think it's too big of a loss for JV to be out. If they have to rely on JV for their scoring, they are already in trouble.
    JV > Biz as a starter. JV is much more finesse and stretches the floor much better than Biz. Biz is electric and punishes the rim, but JV is better. He’s one of the best FT big men in the league, and he can actually get And-1s unlike Biz (who only gets the ones where he gets tapped when mid slam).

Plus, JV gives more depth to Toronto’s bench. When you have a starting caliber center coming off the bench, that’s ridiculous. Plus the contrast between JV and Biz works so well. Instead of offense/defense with Pat/Thompson coming in for Biz, you go Offense/Defense with JV/Biz. It just makes it so much better for everyone. You can run an offense through JV as it showed in round 1, you can’t run it through Biz, he just doesn’t have the ability to catch a pass the same way JV can.

Biz has been a man on fire tho these playoffs, but JV is still a much better player. The added option of JV is the benefit. Plus the way Biz plays, I’m expecting an injury every time he goes up lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree that having both allows them to use their bench more. I am just saying that from the little I have watched so far this offseason, Bizmack isn't a big drop off from JV. Having both just allows one of them to get some rest while the other is doing his thing.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Make no mistake about it... JV out is a HUGE loss.

Dobber Sports Deity

As long as they keep winning, that's all that matters.

Dobber Sports Expert

I know guys but Arby's was full.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Seafood and "ball" don't mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Don't go to Red Lobster... period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Edit: don't go to Red Lobster ever!! HaHaHa..
    I know guys, but Arby's was full.

Dobber Sports Titan

JVs/36Minutes played in these yrs playoffs:
    18.9pts, 1.8blocks, 1.1assists, 15.3rebounds, 55% shooting, 75.7% free throw shooting.

Biz/36minutes played these playoffs:
    9.6pts, 1.8blocks, 0.7assists, 14.2rebounds, 59.1% shooting. 58.9% free throw shooting.

Biz has played with great energy, but JV was having an insane playoffs before he went down. I’d love to see JV smash the rim like Biz does tho, he’d make the crowd explode. Biz’s best attribute is pumping the crowd up. The difference between the two when healthy is pretty big just passed off of JV can be the focal point. Lowry and Derozan aren’t hitting shots, feed JV. He can post up, he can step back and shoot the mid-range, and he can get buckets under the rim. He’s diverse enough to make him the focal point. Biz is simple to guard, and if he becomes the focal point of an offense, he can’t pass it out or make anything besides under the rim shots. But…he absolutely destroys rims, he loves rebounding, and can protect the rim with more energy than JV. JV will make you take shots you don’t want, and then truck down the court; Biz will throw the ball away on a shot you want to take then smile big and wave his finger at you. What Biyombo does is sexier, but JV just does the same, just not as sexy.

They are great together, but this is Getzlaf+Kesler. One is complete and you want starting, the other is stronger defensively, but has a big drop off offensively but can start. That’s the best comparison I can draw. Crosby Malkin? Malkin does the sexy dekes and plays, but Crobsy is better all-around but still does things Malkin can?