Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors playoffs

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Raptors playoffs

Surprised there isn't a thread on this yet. Anyone watching the Raptors playoffs?

I find it very frustrating to watch the games.The Raptors have a tendency to stop driving to the net and settle for pull-up fade-away jumpers as the clock expires, allowing the Heat to get back into games.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Raptors playoffs

I’ve watched every game. Toronto’s game is controlling the pace and slowing it down. The Iso’s do just that. However, the thing I don’t like is the stale 0 movement they seem to get into when I’m pretty sure it’s to rest the guys on the wing.

Lost in all the “Where’s Lowry and Derozan” is the OUTSTANDING D they have. Miami scored 100pts the final 3 games of round 1, they’ve only scored 100pts in 1 game this series and they needed OT. That D, a healthy-ish Carroll guarding Lebron, Toronto would actually push Cleveland to 6 games I think….If the true Lowry and Derozan show up.

JV loss was huge tho. Dude is an animal in the playoffs, and just created matchup problems in each round.

Tonight’s game will be tough, Wade will likely get a lot of phantom calls pulling Toronto out of their game. Biyombo needs to be in the game as much as he can, he’s such a spark/crowd silencer it’s so helpful.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

I haven't watched NBA since I was 12 years old and the Jordan era in Chicago ended, but if the Raptors advance to the conference final I might have to tune in.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiens2099 View Post
    I haven't watched NBA since I was 12 years old and the Jordan era in Chicago ended, but if the Raptors advance to the conference final I might have to tune in.
    It may be too late for good games by then lol. Only way I see Toronto having a chance is if JV and Carroll are back, and I don’t know how JV could come back so soon.

I suggest watching tonights/Sundays game. Toronto and Heat has been such a great series. Vintage Wade has shown up and it’s fun to watch actually.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It may be too late for good games by then lol. Only way I see Toronto having a chance is if JV and Carroll are back, and I don’t know how JV could come back so soon.

I suggest watching tonights/Sundays game. Toronto and Heat has been such a great series. Vintage Wade has shown up and it’s fun to watch actually.
    I'm not ready.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'll be watching tonight for sure. Might need 2 TVs going as can't wait for Pens/TB either.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Surprised there isn't a thread on this yet. Anyone watching the Raptors playoffs?

I find it very frustrating to watch the games.The Raptors have a tendency to stop driving to the net and settle for pull-up fade-away jumpers as the clock expires, allowing the Heat to get back into games.
    It is extremely frustrating. I've seen bits and pieces of most of the games, and I think I have less hair because of it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Banned

So the Raptors are 0-7 when leading a series.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It is extremely frustrating. I've seen bits and pieces of most of the games, and I think I have less hair because of it.
    Guess I have to eat my words on that one. A much more well rounded game tonight!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Toronto is 1-13 all-time in afternoon playoff games.

Toronto needs that type of game every night to get to the finals, but do better on the 3pt D. would have been a different game if they hit those open threes.

JV, I miss you :-(

I really know the refs are going to be calling some phantoms against Toronto vs Cleveland, I just hope it’s not all on Lowry, Carroll, and Pat. Patterson is so needed it’s crazy. He has to hit the 3s tho, he does that and EVERYTHING opens up, just he’s wearing down right now. He really could have used a few more days break.

Biz. Biz. Biz. Can’t say enough about that guy. He brings so much energy its nuts. He’s going to be key again in the next series. Taking away second chance points, and making Toronto get more than their fair share. Plus hopefully getting Love into some Foul trouble if/when he lines up at center.

Dobber Sports Master

I've watched bots and pieces of their games, and until yesterday's third and fourth quarters against Miami, couldn't help but wonder just how in the hell they even made the playoffs. They have been terrible. I'm not the world's biggest basketball fan, but even friends of mine who are said it was hard to watch.

Now they face the Juggernaut Cavaliers. Maybe they will play inspired ball, and take the Cavs to the limit. I have my doubts based on what I have seen so far. At least they can hang their hats on making it this far...

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

Don't go to Red Lobster in Markham during a Raptors game, man service was terrible. But glad to see the Raps finally put some Finnish in their game.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I've watched bots and pieces of their games, and until yesterday's third and fourth quarters against Miami, couldn't help but wonder just how in the hell they even made the playoffs. They have been terrible. I'm not the world's biggest basketball fan, but even friends of mine who are said it was hard to watch.

Now they face the Juggernaut Cavaliers. Maybe they will play inspired ball, and take the Cavs to the limit. I have my doubts based on what I have seen so far. At least they can hang their hats on making it this far...
    Lebron vs Carroll in his career shoots like 40% vs his regular like 53%. Might be the difference. Lowry had 30ppg avg this yr during the reg season vs Cleveland. The raps game style matches up well against Cleveland.

Everyone is saying the Cavs will steamroll the raps, I don’t think so, but I don’t think the raps will win. They’ll go 6 games is my guess, and 1 blowout win by the Cavs, but the rest will be close.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Don't go to Red Lobster in Markham .
    Seafood and "ball" don't mix.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Doesn't seem smart of Lowry to throw shots at Lebron before the series starts.