Thread: [Rumor] - Lucic to re-sign

Banned

Default [Rumor] - Lucic to re-sign

Hearing this through a friend of a friend that Lucic is close to re-signing long term in LA. It's a legit source, but obviously take it with a grain of salt.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: [Rumor] - Lucic to re-sign

For all the good moves D. Lombardi makes, I would qualify a long-term deal to Lucic a Dustin Brown style deal.. as in a bad one. the good news is if the Kings keep making their team worse they can't win the cup anymore!
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Deity

If they can actually manage to get him re-signed, I can't wait to see what they have to do to pull off considering their cap situation.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I think signing Lucic would be great for both sides. LA to Vancouver is a hop skip and jump for him to go home. LA's style is perfectly suited to his game. Lucic can play on either of the top two lines and fill a lot of roles. I think the difference between Lucic and Brown is talent: Lucic is an elemental force of nature while Brown is just a overachieving scrapper type.

I am a Kings fan, but I agree with you that Brown's contract sucks. I hope he finds his scoring game again. Brown might have hit the wall though, and taken his career as far as hustle can get you with marginal skills and declining physical ability. All of the hits--given and taken--add up on a small guy over the years, this might have something to do with Brown's decline. He was a very fast skater, now there is no burst at all.

Dobber Sports Ace

It's easy for us to say, but I can't help thinking Brown is buyout material. And not sure how that would go over with Kings management, given that I think they're paying for Mike Richards still. Not 100% sure on that, tho.

But seven years and $30million-ish on that deal is just a massive anchor for anything they want to do

Dobber Sports Sage

The Kings have a fair amount of money coming off the books with Vinny Versteeg and Schenn among others so I dont think we are at the Brown buyout stage yet. That would be a move that shakes things up though, hang the failure of the past two years around his neck and send him out the door with a nice check.

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah, that's ^^ a fair point. More proof that it's easier to yell and shout about buyouts than actually do the work and figure out the cap.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    The Kings have a fair amount of money coming off the books with Vinny Versteeg and Schenn among others so I dont think we are at the Brown buyout stage yet. That would be a move that shakes things up though, hang the failure of the past two years around his neck and send him out the door with a nice check.
    All true, but they still need a backup goalie and they only have five NHL Dmen signed going into next season. Plus they only have one season left of Toffoli and Pearson and will need to re-sign them. It's about more than just next season.

Even with all those coming off, they still only have about 10M in cap space before they need to refill the holes left behind by those players.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Yeah the Kings dont have a great cap situation. The wages of success are expensive. The Brown and Gaborik contracts are both problems if this is what you can expect from them production-wise. Pearson might not be a lock to get a contract, everyone isnt going to get what they want and stay with the Kings. Kempe could probably handle his spot. I still think they will get a deal done with Lucic, then figure out how to make it all fit later.

Dobber Sports Expert

I'm surprised to hear this. This was a guy I figured that the Kings would let walk due to Toffoli and Pearson coming up next year.

Then again, they did pay a very hefty price to acquire him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

lucic will take a discount. it's LA, he must love it there. i think we'll see a similar to gaborik contract. low AAV but longterm.

guess kings want Brown to have some overpaid company in a couple seasons.

Dobber Sports Stud

i'm not liking where the kings are going. I think their Stanley cup days are over for this version of the team. Chicago has done a much better job of retooling than they did.

Dobber Sports Guru

It would be crazy of them to buy out Brown. He'd be on the Kings books for the next 11 years. And in two of those years, his cap hit wpuld be $3.7 million. Here are the numbers from General Fanager.

Year Buyout Cap Hit
    2016-17 $680,555
    2017-18 $1,180,555
    2018-19 $2,180,555
    2019-20 $2,180,555
    2020-21 $3,680,555
    2021-22 $3,680,555
    2022-23 $1,805,555
    2023-24 $1,805,555
    2024-25 $1,805,555
    2025-26 $1,805,555
    2026-27 $1,805,555
    2027-28 $1,805,555

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    It would be crazy of them to buy out Brown. He'd be on the Kings books for the next 11 years. And in two of those years, his cap hit wpuld be $3.7 million. Here are the numbers from General Fanager.

Year Buyout Cap Hit
    2016-17 $680,555
    2017-18 $1,180,555
    2018-19 $2,180,555
    2019-20 $2,180,555
    2020-21 $3,680,555
    2021-22 $3,680,555
    2022-23 $1,805,555
    2023-24 $1,805,555
    2024-25 $1,805,555
    2025-26 $1,805,555
    2026-27 $1,805,555
    2027-28 $1,805,555
    They should just slip some pills into his luggage next time he crosses the border. It's cheaper.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    They should just slip some pills into his luggage next time he crosses the border. It's cheaper.
    I'm not sure they would want to try this a second time.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust