Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rumor or Imagined] Subban and 9th overall for Draisaitl, Klefbom and 4th overall

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: [Rumor or Imagined] Subban and 9th overall for Draisaitl, Klefbom and 4th overall

I like the trade on paper... but it's a bit like the ARI/TOR trade... we can find some "fair" offer for both teams... where the people are split 50/50 on which side is better.
    In the ARI/TOR thread, it's almost as if:
    50% think OEL is most valuable straight up
    50% think Matthews is most valuable straight up
    And thus there is no consensus that it could possibly happen.

The big problem here is that MON fans probably realize that teams need a bonafide #1D man to make a cup run these days.
    You look at past CUP winners: CHI (Keith), LA (Doughty), BOS (Chara), PIT (Letang), Detroit (Lidstrom), Anaheim (Pronger/Nied).

And look at the teams about to advance: TB (Hedman), PIT(Letang)/WAS(Carlson), STL(AP)/DAL(Klingberg), SJ(Burns)/NAS(Weber-Josi).

MON has proven they are close with a healthy Price... so I don't think they can consider making that move... even if the #4/Draisaitl/Klefbom IS (IMO) a pretty fair return of total pieces.
    Teams need a #1C and a #1D to be a CUP team these days. I can't see MON giving up the only half of that puzzle they have.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Rumor or Imagined] Subban and 9th overall for Draisaitl, Klefbom and 4th overall

If I’m Montreal I’m giving up nothing from the team last yr. I’m just adding actual scoring talent through FA. They need to add a RW to go on the top line, and make Gally a legit center. He was on fire when he made the switch finally.

2016-17 Canadiens with a healthy Price, Subban, Gally, and Pax will be a threat for the cup.

Plus, a team would be underpaying for a 9mill D that they didn’t sign. Subban is borderline worth that, so a GM who didn’t sign that deal wouldn’t be really inclined to pay the full price for Subban. Montreal is a better team Subban than without.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If I’m Montreal I’m giving up nothing from the team last yr. I’m just adding actual scoring talent through FA. They need to add a RW to go on the top line, and make Gally a legit center. He was on fire when he made the switch finally.

2016-17 Canadiens with a healthy Price, Subban, Gally, and Pax will be a threat for the cup.

Plus, a team would be underpaying for a 9mill D that they didn’t sign. Subban is borderline worth that, so a GM who didn’t sign that deal wouldn’t be really inclined to pay the full price for Subban. Montreal is a better team Subban than without.
    I think they need a LOT more than just that to be considered a serious threat for the cup, but I do agree that they need to build on what they have. This team doesn't have nearly enough depth, both on the front and back end, to be considered a cup contender yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think they need a LOT more than just that to be considered a serious threat for the cup, but I do agree that they need to build on what they have. This team doesn't have nearly enough depth, both on the front and back end, to be considered a cup contender yet.
    I think Price can cover up a lot of holes, D-depth being one. But another yr on Markov may hurt them even more. Markov/Subban, Emelin/Petry, Beaulieu/XXX is a pretty good set of D when they have Price behind them. Markov is the big outlier on D for me tho. Still can run a PP, but way to slow to do much else. I still think Petry should be given a chance with Subban on PP1. Subban could be running the PP, and set up in the Ovi spot. RH Petry would just Tee it up for him being a RH too. LH Gally running on the half boards with Gallagher in front and Pax around too.

The teams forward depth is a bunch of ice time fillers for the top line to get rested, I do agree there.

Dobber Sports Veteran

... Markov/Subban, Emelin/Petry, Beaulieu/XXX is a pretty good set of D when they have Price behind them...
    XXX = Pateryn will make the team full time next year and I hope they'll re-sign Barberio.

Markov/Subban
    Beaulieu/Petry
    Emelin/Pateryn
    Barberio

This is indeed a pretty good set of D
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Price can cover up a lot of holes, D-depth being one. But another yr on Markov may hurt them even more. Markov/Subban, Emelin/Petry, Beaulieu/XXX is a pretty good set of D when they have Price behind them. Markov is the big outlier on D for me tho. Still can run a PP, but way to slow to do much else. I still think Petry should be given a chance with Subban on PP1. Subban could be running the PP, and set up in the Ovi spot. RH Petry would just Tee it up for him being a RH too. LH Gally running on the half boards with Gallagher in front and Pax around too.

The teams forward depth is a bunch of ice time fillers for the top line to get rested, I do agree there.
    Covering up holes in the regular season is a lot different than covering them up in the playoffs, against the best teams in the league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Covering up holes in the regular season is a lot different than covering them up in the playoffs, against the best teams in the league.
    It got them far last yr.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It got them far last yr.
    News to me that game 6 of the second round now equals "serious cup contender".

Dobber Sports Pro

I have not read any previous comments to this other than the OP's but if I am Bergevin and I was proposed this from Chiarelli I wouldn't hang up the phone because I would have fallen off my chair laughing so hard.

By that I mean, in no way would MTL do this. Their d depth isn't that great to begin with and trading one of the best D in the NHL for that offer is laughable. Oh that silly Edmonton Sports Media.
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Titan

Game 1 was a double OT TBL victory on an offside resulting to the OT goal. Could have gone either way.

Then 2 more 1 goal victories in the series (1 each). The series was closer than 4-2 TBL win. With a healthy Price (up in the air his BAB status right now), Gally at center (should be this yr), and forward depth (this offseason they need to get), this is a team I see being a Cup threat. If the things I said above line up, I would say anything less than Eastern final is a failure.

They were running away with the east at the beginning of this yr. The team can make a threat for the Cup.

Dobber Sports Pro

I have been thinking Subban to the oilers for since the trade deadline.

Klefbom is not Subban but he is going to be an excellent dman. Leon will be excellent. habs can draft a dman with the 4th overall.

Hamonic is off the block now.

The Oilers need a top dman - who do they go after? who is available?
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Padawan

They were running away with the east at the beginning of this yr. The team can make a threat for the Cup.
    After 10-15 games they were running away with nothing. Dale Wiese was one of their better players, one of the league leaders in goals. They have a good base but many holes. Price will not be able to cover the holes.

And their collapse was not about their goaltending
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Master

Bein non.....

Shit, we traded Chelios once already and that set us back. A hall of fame defenseman entering his prime for a good but over the hill scoring forward. Let's not trade him again..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    And their collapse was not about their goaltending
    When your the Habs you can afford to be a little more relaxed on defence knowing Price is between the pipes. Allowing your team to push a little more offensively (being Montreal and their lack of scoring they need as much of this push). With Price down, the team collapses in an attempt to shelter the backup between the pipes since they lack the confidence of him being able to defend the multiple odd-man rushes coming back the other way.

Subban brings Norris potential year after year. With an aging Markov entering his (likely) final season in Montreal, Subban is being called upon more and more. Right handed #1 defencemen who put up 25+ minutes a night and 50+ points a season don't grown on trees. Klefbom is decent but he's not a future #1 option and moreso a 3/4. Trading Subban opens an even bigger gap on Habs than what is currently there, that Draisaitl/Klefbom & #4 cannot fill. The idea that Montreal would trade their all-star, Norris trophy winning defencemen for a package to move up to #4 to draft a defenceman is also quite laughable.

Dobber Sports Ace

I don't think it will happen. But just a note. Klefbom is getting a bad rap in his thread. He in not in the same tier as a Subban but he is a very good defensemen. The best on the oilers.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3