Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mock draft Central

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Mock draft Central

Now that the lottery has been made, I think it can be fun to put in this thread our mock draft and see them change over the next two months. I'll go first with my picks 1-14 and provide my comments (fantasy-related). Feel free to join in or comment...

1. TOR- Matthews- The only reason he doesn't end up with the Leafs is because they trade the pick. I don't see that happening at all.

2. WPG- Laine- Great player, good team on the rise with Scheifele, Ehlers, Morrissey, but with Wheeler, I was expecting another landing spot for this stud.

3. CBJ- Puljujarvi- The Finnish connection is on! He won't have too many competition on the wing but the CBJ are thin at center.

4. EDM- Tkachuk- Tough choice here because the Oilers contemplate 3 D prospects, but end up with the LW to put beside McJesus for the next decade.

5. VAN- Dubois- I think this one is a great fit for both short and long term. He can be that next #1 C for the Canucks and can be under the wing of A.Burrows for the first couple of seasons because the two of them are from Quebec.

6. CAL- Nylander- I might change this pick on my next one. For now, I'll go with him. He can complement either Bennett or Monahan on the first 2 lines in a couple of years from now.

7. ARI- Juolevi- The Yotes are looking at Matthews with tears in their eyes and make Juolevi their selection. By doing that, they just selected the next OEL... not a bad consolation prize, butnot the $$$ that Matthews would have brought to the franchise.

8. BUF- Chychrun- I think that the Sabres are a candidate for a trade-down this year. If they stand still, they go with the big D almost NHL-ready next year. Not a bad move!

9. MTL- Jost- I might surprise a bit with this pick, but I have a feeling for this one. The Habs need a C at all costs and the other prospects in line are all D. They go with the kid that turn heads at the end of the year.

10. COL- Bean- Great fit, but I really hesitated between him and Sergachev. I think they go D, but either way, they win.

11. NJ- Mcleod- Great center, good real-life player, but fantasy-wise, I think we shouldn't expect too many pts from him. Still, the Devils need offence and they have glaring needs at all 3 F positions.

12. OTT- Sergachev- He probably won't be available at this spot, but for the prupose of this first mock, he is and the sens are happy about it!

13. CAR- Brown- The hardest one here for me. Brown will be tough to play against and with his size, he can be an asset for the Canes. This pick will probably change in my next one.

14. BOS- Keller- Tough to say what Sweeney will do after last year, but Keller might be great asset at this spot. I personnally like him but, like almost everybody, I question his size going forward.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Mock draft Central

I like your mock, the only thing I would say, is that I think Calgary would be looking for a bit more of a bigger body. I could see them jumping a bit for Logan Brown. Don't know if Nylander is really a fit there. I do also agree that Jost looks like a good bet for 9.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Now that the lottery has been made, I think it can be fun to put in this thread our mock draft and see them change over the next two months. I'll go first with my picks 1-14 and provide my comments (fantasy-related). Feel free to join in or comment...

1. TOR- Matthews- The only reason he doesn't end up with the Leafs is because they trade the pick. I don't see that happening at all.

2. WPG- Laine- Great player, good team on the rise with Scheifele, Ehlers, Morrissey, but with Wheeler, I was expecting another landing spot for this stud.

3. CBJ- Puljujarvi- The Finnish connection is on! He won't have too many competition on the wing but the CBJ are thin at center.

4. EDM- Tkachuk- Tough choice here because the Oilers contemplate 3 D prospects, but end up with the LW to put beside McJesus for the next decade.

5. VAN- Dubois- I think this one is a great fit for both short and long term. He can be that next #1 C for the Canucks and can be under the wing of A.Burrows for the first couple of seasons because the two of them are from Quebec.

6. CAL- Nylander- I might change this pick on my next one. For now, I'll go with him. He can complement either Bennett or Monahan on the first 2 lines in a couple of years from now.

7. ARI- Juolevi- The Yotes are looking at Matthews with tears in their eyes and make Juolevi their selection. By doing that, they just selected the next OEL... not a bad consolation prize, butnot the $$$ that Matthews would have brought to the franchise.

8. BUF- Chychrun- I think that the Sabres are a candidate for a trade-down this year. If they stand still, they go with the big D almost NHL-ready next year. Not a bad move!

9. MTL- Jost- I might surprise a bit with this pick, but I have a feeling for this one. The Habs need a C at all costs and the other prospects in line are all D. They go with the kid that turn heads at the end of the year.

10. COL- Bean- Great fit, but I really hesitated between him and Sergachev. I think they go D, but either way, they win.

11. NJ- Mcleod- Great center, good real-life player, but fantasy-wise, I think we shouldn't expect too many pts from him. Still, the Devils need offence and they have glaring needs at all 3 F positions.

12. OTT- Sergachev- He probably won't be available at this spot, but for the prupose of this first mock, he is and the sens are happy about it!

13. CAR- Brown- The hardest one here for me. Brown will be tough to play against and with his size, he can be an asset for the Canes. This pick will probably change in my next one.

14. BOS- Keller- Tough to say what Sweeney will do after last year, but Keller might be great asset at this spot. I personnally like him but, like almost everybody, I question his size going forward.
    If I were EDM I would pick Juolevi instead and everyone else goes down one spot.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Ace

Toronto takes Laine

After worlds it becomes very clear that Laine is the best player in the draft.

Just my unpopular opinion
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    Toronto takes Laine

After worlds it becomes very clear that Laine is the best player in the draft.

Just my unpopular opinion
    I sure hope not, I have my P.Laine Jets jersey already ordered.. HaHa..

Great thread Hollywood!!

TOR- Matthews
    WPG-Laine
    CBJ-Puljujarvi
    EDM-Tkachuk
    VAN-Dubois
    CGY-Nylander
    ARI-Juolevi
    BUF-Bean
    MTL-McLeod
    COL-Sergachev
    NJ-Jost
    OTT-Chychrun
    CAR-Brown
    BOS-Keller

I'm sure this will change but as of May 1st, 2016, I like this order.. I'm thinking teams are going to want to trade up and down like crazy..
    Last edited by Zorro; May 22, 2016 at 10:10 PM.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I like your mock, the only thing I would say, is that I think Calgary would be looking for a bit more of a bigger body. I could see them jumping a bit for Logan Brown. Don't know if Nylander is really a fit there. I do also agree that Jost looks like a good bet for 9.
    I agree with Calgary looking to get bigger up front, as Treliving has recently stated this. I don't see them reaching that far for Brown though so they may "settle" for Nylander as BPA. I'm hopeful that the Oilers take a D and leave either Tkachuk or Dubois for the Flames.

Great thread Hollywood!

Dobber Sports Expert

1 - TOR - Matthews
    2 - WPG - Laine
    3 - CBJ - Puljujarvi
    4 - EDM - Chychrun
    5 - VAN - Dubois
    6 - CAL - Tkachuk
    7 - ARI - Nylander
    8 - BUF - Juolevi
    9 - MTL - Jost
    10 - COL - Bean
    11 - NJ - Keller
    12 - OTT - McLeod
    13 - CAR - Brown
    14 - BOS - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Sage

Wouldn't be shocked if EDM traded the #4 pick, and/or one of the young bunch of forwards they have acquired with high picks to get a big-time D that can help out right now. None of the D prospects in this draft will be ready by the time the Soilers front office/coaches get fired again for incompetence.

Dobber Sports Deity

I haven't taken the time to work out my own draft rankings/mock yet, but much like Doug Glatt, I have a hard time seeing the Oilers making that pick at #4.

Dobber Sports Padawan

My 2 cents, I'm starting at 4 because the top 3 is obvious

4) Edmonton - Olli Juolevi
    Unless they trade down and acquire a top 4 dman or trade a winger for a defenseman they'll keep getting gashed

5) Vancouver - PL Dubois
    Gritty and plays with an edge, fits that vancouver mold.

6) Calgary - Tkachuk
    Fits perfectly and can drive possession playing with either Jonny or Bennett

7) Arizona - Nylander
    Gives them a sick nucleus of youth in the top 6. Strome/Domi/Dvorak/Duclair/Nylander

8) Buffalo - Mikhail Sergachev
    Risto took a huge step forward and now they add another defenseman who can be a top 4 guy if not a top pairing with Risto.

9) Montreal - Michael McLeod
    Gally took a huge step forward in the second half and now they get a big center who can play both ways.

10) Colorado - Jakob Chychrun
    Mac/Landy/Duchene/Mikko will they resign Boedker? They have the pieces for a nice top six but need another top 4 dman.

11) NJ - Clayton Keller
    They have a lot of two way guys, can play that bigger possession and shot blocking game. They need lightning in a bottle and Keller can provide that.

12) Ottawa - Logan Brown
    A big body C who can allow zibby to move to LW if he can assume a top 6 roll in a few years. Or provide a solid 3 deep C.

13) Carolina - Kieffer Bellows
    Dynamic forward that will spend at least two years at Boston U. Allow him to maturate and he can play the other top 6 RW behind Lindholm.

14) Boston - Julien Gauthier
    They add another big body to their grind game. His speciality is goal scoring and that's what this team needs.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    My 2 cents, I'm starting at 4 because the top 3 is obvious

4) Edmonton - Olli Juolevi
    Unless they trade down and acquire a top 4 dman or trade a winger for a defenseman they'll keep getting gashed

5) Vancouver - PL Dubois
    Gritty and plays with an edge, fits that vancouver mold.

6) Calgary - Tkachuk
    Fits perfectly and can drive possession playing with either Jonny or Bennett

7) Arizona - Nylander
    Gives them a sick nucleus of youth in the top 6. Strome/Domi/Dvorak/Duclair/Nylander

8) Buffalo - Mikhail Sergachev
    Risto took a huge step forward and now they add another defenseman who can be a top 4 guy if not a top pairing with Risto.

9) Montreal - Michael McLeod
    Gally took a huge step forward in the second half and now they get a big center who can play both ways.

10) Colorado - Jakob Chychrun
    Mac/Landy/Duchene/Mikko will they resign Boedker? They have the pieces for a nice top six but need another top 4 dman.

11) NJ - Clayton Keller
    They have a lot of two way guys, can play that bigger possession and shot blocking game. They need lightning in a bottle and Keller can provide that.

12) Ottawa - Logan Brown
    A big body C who can allow zibby to move to LW if he can assume a top 6 roll in a few years. Or provide a solid 3 deep C.

13) Carolina - Kieffer Bellows
    Dynamic forward that will spend at least two years at Boston U. Allow him to maturate and he can play the other top 6 RW behind Lindholm.

14) Boston - Julien Gauthier
    They add another big body to their grind game. His speciality is goal scoring and that's what this team needs.
    Any thoughts on Jost seeing as you left him out of your top 14 (a lot lower than many others are pegging him).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

To me 11-14 it's in that best player available vs team need vs type of roster/team management is trying to create. That's why I penciled in the bigger body guys 12-14, ottawa seems like they enjoy the 6'0+ club with weight as well as boston since they have marchand/pastrnak. Carolina has enough midgets.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    If I were EDM I would pick Juolevi instead and everyone else goes down one spot.
    I tend to agree with the consensus that EDM trades down (if they can), but if not I think they take Juolevi or Chychrun regardless.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Stud

if they don't trade the pick outright, they'll trade picks with Arizona. the yotes want matt tkachuk, and one of juolevi or chychryn will be there at 8th overall, so why not?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think picks #2 (Laine) & #3 (Puljujarvi) are the most sure bets at this time.

With the new ARI kid-GM... it's going to be interesting...
    Think about this, did ownership give a 26-year old the job because he's great at analytics... or is there some other card in play?
    Interviewer: "Would you have what it takes to acquire a first overall pick in an NHL entry draft with our current team pieces?"
    New Kid-GM: "Yes, definitely."
    Interviewer: [Smiles] "OK... a few more questions, but we really think you have what it takes".

OEL+ for 1st+ overall blockbuster.
    Write it in pen.
    And this isn't just a player-value kind of deal... this is a ticket-selling kind of deal - to bring Matthews in... tickets...
    [This is my shock-value way of saying that "JohnDoe will score 70pts".... I don't mean it's a lock... but I''m gonna say it with enough gusto "pen" to draw the attention I think it warrants as a serious possibility.]

I think one of the available D in the 4-8 range glimmers in the eyes of the Oilers.
    They MUST get a D in the summer... the UFA world is bare... they either trade the #4 or draft with it.
    Personally, I think they'll settle on one of the D kids and straight draft-them.
    I think everybody at #5-#15 is pretty happy with the crop there to choose from.
    I can't see the Oilers drafting a forward... that's the only thing I can't envision happening.