Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2016 NFL Draft - Chatter

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: 2016 NFL Draft - Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I like the move up by the Bills to grab Reggie Ragland who was considered a potential 1st rounder. Good value there. Micheal Thomas to Saints doesn't scare me away from a Brandon Coleman breakout year. Brees is shaping up to be the QB to own for fantasy this year from a value perspective. Hackenberg to Jets doesn't make me want to sell my Bryce Petty stock either. The latter being a better talent. Looks like Jay Ajayi may be the back in MIA after all
    As a Bills/Alabama fan, I was ecstatic when they made the move up to get Ragland. Overall it was a good draft for the Bills who can plug in 2 rookies to their front 7 and hopefully will be an improvement on the defensive front.

I think Jack slipping completely out of the first round was a shocker. I figured he'd slip because of the knee but the talent should have went further to at least keep him in the first round. I don't JAX could have asked for two better players with their first 2 picks. I am excited for this franchise who have made a lot of fantastic moves the last couple of years and I think could make a legitimate push for the AFC South title this year.

My biggest mixed feeling pick of the draft is Elliott to the Cowboys. Part of me says wow, excellent RB to the team with the best run blocking O-line in the NFL. But the other part of me says, picking himat 4th? I know Elliott is a supreme talent and an excellent blocker in his own sense as well. But I can't help but think the Cowboys wouldn't have been better off taking Ramsey at #4 and then taking Henry in the 2nd round (who would have been available there).

Nice tidbit on Brees, will be looking for him in my QB relm this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

I remember hearing on the NFL network on day two that a lot of teams weren't overly high on Henry because they felt he went down too easily upon first contact. I don't know if that's true because I didn't watch a lot of Alabama games the past year or two but that's what was being said about him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I remember hearing on the NFL network on day two that a lot of teams weren't overly high on Henry because they felt he went down too easily upon first contact. I don't know if that's true because I didn't watch a lot of Alabama games the past year or two but that's what was being said about him.
    Dude had 16 career NCAA catches. Not exactly a throwing threat either.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Henry is good if he has a runway. Otherwise, he lacks lateral agility and he's top heavy. Not a good combo as red zone threat. Oddly enough he's a lot like Murray in that both need an OL that can open lanes for them.
    @SmittysRant