Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 Breakout D

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: 2016-2017 Breakout D

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I really like Morgan Rielly as a breakout candidate next year.

He has been trending upward since 13/14 (27 pts.; 29 pts.; 36 pts) and his TOI has been increasing as he gained the coach's confidence. Babcock loves him and it's his magical 4th year in the league- and he is only 22 at the start of the next hockey season.

I think he will easily break 40 pts next year and will eventually top 50 pts. (possibly the year after next) as the kids in Toronto make the big club.
    I think a lot will depend on team scoring and if Babcock will give him PP time. He didn't even average 2 mins in PP time last season.

Babcock basically neutered him on the PP for the first half of the season, giving him barely any PP time. It wasn't until like late that he really let him play on the PP. If he gives him time, yes he'll be a good bet for 40 plus, but if he doesn't...
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Star

Linus Hultstrom could be very interesting in FLA. Very...
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Hutton could break-out if he were on a different team. Unless they make some big changes (move Edler and get some scoring forwards) he will be 2nd pairing. He spent the latter part of the season on the top pair and looked pretty good, but faded a bit at the end as fatigue set in.
    IMHO: Hutton was in the right place at the right time. Last year the Canucks D was paper thin then injuries hit. Hutton had a pulse and was standing there and by default stepped into some big minutes which gained him some league wide exposure. From what I saw there was not a huge amount of 2017 breakout potential here. I think we just saw it. Decent young D man but not one that is going to bust out and turn in to a high scoring PPP guy next year. Talk to me again in 2018/19 and you may get a totally different answer.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Linus Hultstrom could be very interesting in FLA. Very...
    Seconded. Although it'll be tough for him to jump on that top PP with Ekblad as theyre both righties.. Matheson may get a look there first.

I think Hultstrom has a pretty dirty set of offensive skills so he could be worth a mid round flyer.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Noah Hanifin, Matt Dumba, Brady Skjei, Dmitry Orlov
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Star

Matheson baby! Think he will turn heads next year playing with Ekblad

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/05/09...ise-for-canada
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Giant

Maatta is another one that has untapped offensive potential. I hope he stays healthy next year to fully showcase his arsenal. I'm thinking he can realistically get 25-30 assists playing a full year with the Pens offense. Add 10 goals or so and you have a guy that's in the 40-pt range... Easier said than done, but he is a great puck mover with a good vision so it's possible.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by mojavedesert View Post
    Do you think Lindell will be better than Honka? Or do you think Honka plays another year in the AHL?
    I think the biggest issue is that Honka as a righty has more obstacles in front of him than Lindell as a lefty does. Lindell likely gets more opportunity sooner
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mojavedesert View Post
    Do you think Lindell will be better than Honka? Or do you think Honka plays another year in the AHL?
    Quote Originally Posted by theIceWookie View Post
    I think the biggest issue is that Honka as a righty has more obstacles in front of him than Lindell as a lefty does. Lindell likely gets more opportunity sooner
    theIceWookie has part of it. Dallas has a glut of right-shot D and puck-movers. But also I think Lindell and Honka's styles are different too so a direct comparison is hard. Lindell is more of a two-way type with grit and scoring ability. Honka is more Klingberg Jr. Reports from Dallas are that Honka is likely to start the season in Cedar Park and then be a frontrunner for a second half callup. Lindell is a virtual lock to start the season on the 1st or 2nd pairing in Dallas.

A complicating factor with Honka is the fact that Jim Nill has to address the goalie situation and he's likely to be a key piece potential trade partners will be eyeing. Who knows if he gets moved, to where if he does, and how that will affect his timeline to the show. If he stays with the Stars I'd say Honka is on the 2017-18 breakout list, barring an otherworldly showing in camp. Even then contracts being what they are Nill may not be able to send anybody down without clearing waivers to make room. But then again he traded Gonchar to make room for Klingberg's breakout...

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Surprised to see Lindell's name but not Backman....
    There's been talk of Backman going back to Sweden. Here's a tweet from Sean Shapiro about that....

Robby Toles @robbvious
    @seanshapiro is Backman going back to Sweden? Thought he was scouted to be NHL-close when Dallas traded for him. What do you think of him?

Sean Shapiro Retweeted Robby Toles
    Set odds at 50/50 he goes back. Consistent stay-at-home defenseman. Limits mistakes, takes little risk
    That's the last info I have on Backman.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Ace

Ben Hutton

Mike Matheson

Jake Gardiner

Oscar Klefbom

Colin Miller
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Master

I would put Rielly at the top of the list. I think he flashed great skill this year and with increased usage on the PP could be in for some big numbers. His game has the extra gear (skating, shot) to collect a lot of points. I would have loved to say D. Pouliot but his play this postseason has me a little shy on pushing him. He is not being used in favour of veteran (?) Justin Schultz and when he was used, was a little shaky in his own end. Nothing a hard summer of work can't fix (and some good coaching) but he may be slow coming.. There are good offensive instincts to his game, but his body needs to speed up to his mind (and to the NHL).

Pulock is another good one, conversely to Pouliot, he was used (successfully) in the playoffs and showed he belonged. I think he is full-time NHL next year.

In terms of an "under the radar" D, I really like Morrissey. Loved his game in junior and looked mature beyond his years there.. but lack of opportunity will keep him from making an impact.

I would bet on Rielly.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Sage

Seth Jones
    Rielly
    Lindholm - Don't care that people say he is too good all round. Same nonesense was said about O.E.L

DeAngelo I think will make an impact come the second half of the season if he does not start season in T.B
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Stud

I grabbed Lindholm off waivers this year for this exact reason. He's my #5 D though so I can afford to wait and find out.

I think the ducks may move Vatanen which means Theodore will get some PP time
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Monster

What about Philip Larsen? I hear he might get #1 PP time. Impressive stats in the KHL last season

How would you rank

Philip Larsen
    Linus Hultstrom
    Yohann Auvitu (ovie 2)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Noah Hanifin
    Nathan Beaulieau
    Ryan Pulock

I think Beaulieu will end up playing with Weber on MTL's top pair. He won't be an elite scoring D-man but he'll break out as a 30 point guy at least.