Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 Breakout D

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: 2016-2017 Breakout D

Pulock and Werenski are definitely on my list (Parayko and Theodore are already scooped up). Werenski won't have high expectations/production in his rookie year though, maybe not dissimilar to Hanifin in Carolina.

Agree on DeAngelo being mostly in the AHL next year. First season in AHL: 43 points in 69 games played, -18. Still 1-2 years before he's in TB full time.

Hutton has had a few mentions but I think there's potential for him to move up the depth chart in Vancouver. Possible breakout season next year?
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

I really like Morgan Rielly as a breakout candidate next year.

He has been trending upward since 13/14 (27 pts.; 29 pts.; 36 pts) and his TOI has been increasing as he gained the coach's confidence. Babcock loves him and it's his magical 4th year in the league- and he is only 22 at the start of the next hockey season.

I think he will easily break 40 pts next year and will eventually top 50 pts. (possibly the year after next) as the kids in Toronto make the big club.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I really like Morgan Rielly as a breakout candidate next year.

He has been trending upward since 13/14 (27 pts.; 29 pts.; 36 pts) and his TOI has been increasing as he gained the coach's confidence. Babcock loves him and it's his magical 4th year in the league- and he is only 22 at the start of the next hockey season.

I think he will easily break 40 pts next year and will eventually top 50 pts. (possibly the year after next) as the kids in Toronto make the big club.
    I like Rielly to be an impact player at some point too.. why not in that all-important 4th season?! 40 is definitely attainable and if TO can score enough goals. 45 is within reach.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    I like Rielly to be an impact player at some point too.. why not in that all-important 4th season?! 40 is definitely attainable and if TO can score enough goals. 45 is within reach.
    The full season of PP time will be a real key too. I agree he has 45 points in him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    I'm on board as well with Rielly. With Phaneuf gone, more responsibilities will fall on his shoulders and he should thrive.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Guru

Every year, it seems I trade away a young d-man one year before he breaks out. It's a gift really.
    I dealt Karlsson a year before he broke into the NHL, dealt Sekera before his big season, Vatanen before the boom. The list goes on.

So, if history holds true, one of the following is in for a big year: Morrissey, Gormley, Clendening, or C. Murphy.
    (I did deal Pulock the year prior too -- and I was a bit more reluctant this season to move any young D because of my bad luck so far).
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Every year, it seems I trade away a young d-man one year before he breaks out. It's a gift really.
    I dealt Karlsson a year before he broke into the NHL, dealt Sekera before his big season, Vatanen before the boom. The list goes on.

So, if history holds true, one of the following is in for a big year: Morrissey, Gormley, Clendening, or C. Murphy.
    (I did deal Pulock the year prior too -- and I was a bit more reluctant this season to move any young D because of my bad luck so far).
    My money would be on Morrissey out of that group, but man, that's just some bad luck. Hopefully it turns around for you!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Hutton has had a few mentions but I think there's potential for him to move up the depth chart in Vancouver. Possible breakout season next year?
    Hutton could break-out if he were on a different team. Unless they make some big changes (move Edler and get some scoring forwards) he will be 2nd pairing. He spent the latter part of the season on the top pair and looked pretty good, but faded a bit at the end as fatigue set in.

Dobber Sports Monster

Curious to see what kind of jump in production Hanifin has in his 2nd full season. Not sure it's a "breakout" year or just a small tick upward, but love this kid.

Dobber Sports Genius

Hanifin
    Ryan Ellis
    Justin Schultz finally? Depending where he ends up....
    Pouliot
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Genius

I think Morgan Rielly is going to have a big year. I could see him doing what Ristolainen did this season

The Great One

Surprised to see Lindell's name but not Backman....

Dobber Sports Superstar

Noah Hanifin
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nick Leddy. I think he can definitely take it another level
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    Even if they don't, he's getting leaned on HARD this postseason. If the Blues go deep, we'll have a better idea of how Parayko is used. If they don't, Hitchcock will be gone and everything gets thrown into a blender for a new coach.
    He's only seen about a minute increase in average time on ice, with only about 20 seconds of the that coming on the PP and no noticeable change in SH time on ice. And he still has the 4th highest time on ice for dmen on the team behind Bouwmeester, Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo. And he's producing at basically the same rate he did in the regular season (0.4 PPG in the playoffs compared to 0.41 in the regular season).

Unless Shattenkirk is traded, I'm not expecting much more from Parayko next year
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson