Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2016-2017 Breakout D

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: 2016-2017 Breakout D

As an Oiler fan I didn't think Nurse was quite ready to man the power play ala Klefbom but Klef's opportunity may depend on what dman is brought in. He could beat out Hamonic for PP time but not so much Shatty/Vatanen.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Prodigy

In the playoffs, when coaches give time to guys they really trust, Theodore has been getting respectable TOI including decent PP time. I know it's a logjam in Anaheim, and Montour is ripping it up on the farm, but whenever I see Theodore play he looks like the real deal.

I concur on not believing in DeAngelo for next year. His points per game in the AHL (and apparently his overall play) don't scream promotion.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a breakout but every year Chris Tanev adds a little bit to his offensive repertoire. Another 8-10 points is a reasonable add to his totals.

Werenski could put up solid numbers for a rookie. He's got the NHL frame and skillset.

Dobber Sports Stud

What do you guys think of Aaron Ekblad? Does he have 45 points (or more) upside?
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    What do you guys think of Aaron Ekblad? Does he have 45 points (or more) upside?
    Ekblad has the talent, and has the forwards to help him do it. If there was a little more support on the back end so he didn't have to take all the tough match ups/PK time etc, then he would already be there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Star

I like Parayko for this list. Expect him to shoot more and be deployed with more PP time.

I also like Gardiner for a nice rebound, and it's flown way under the radar. Since Phaneuf left, he scored at a 40-point pace, and that's with a fairly weak PP. If the Leafs get better in the offseason, there's a real possibility for a nice jump.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Seth Jones, yes. 4th season a'comin.
    He put up 24 min/gp with CBJ and scored at 0.5ppg.
    And that is on just 2% shooting last year... which is unlucky... most D shoot around 4%-5% (just on shots finding holes).

Even though the progression looks like small steps (25pts... 27pts... 31pts)...
    He's going to be (assuming 80+gp) a lock for the 40+pt club among D-men...
    Possibly with an outside shot for 50pts.

Just about every ES1/PP1 NHL D-man has a shot at 50pts, because 25 ESP + 25 PPP are both possibilities.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyhockeygeek View Post
    I like Parayko for this list. Expect him to shoot more and be deployed with more PP time.
    If the Blues move Shattenkirk during the offseason, Parayko would be at the very top of my list as well.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    If the Blues move Shattenkirk during the offseason, Parayko would be at the very top of my list as well.
    Even if they don't, he's getting leaned on HARD this postseason. If the Blues go deep, we'll have a better idea of how Parayko is used. If they don't, Hitchcock will be gone and everything gets thrown into a blender for a new coach.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If 30-35pts is useful to you, I think Ceci has a reasonable shot of getting there. He has upside for 40ish; maybe more.

Dumba could take another step forward.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Werenski perhaps? If he gets a shot at the big club. Zaitsev is a bit of a darkhorse, but he's been a stud in the KHL, that could easily go both ways though. Jacob Slavin & Ben Hutton as well.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Superstar

I worry about Werenski with Torts coaching, think he will lean on Seth Jones more. Could see Ceci, Dumba & Hutton hitting 35 pts.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Going a little off the radar here but I can see Adam Larsson breaking out. He already fills the peripherals nicely and if he can snatch the top PP ice time things will turn around for the former top prospect

Also, big fan of Pulock. Saw him during my brief stint in Manitoba and he looks something special. I hesitate to say he trots into the NHL next year and lights it up but I think he has the talent to some day be a beauty
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Really liking Parayko in the playoffs. He is making it tough to not give him minutes. Playing great D and creates good scoring in every game I have seen. I am set on D with my keepers. I will pick Parayko up next year a bit deep into my draft and be happy!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Any love for Ryan Murray next season?

Dobber Sports Stud

Parayko
    Provorov
    Jones
    Hutton
    Theodore
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.