Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Points Only: Matthews or Laine

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Points Only: Matthews or Laine

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    Matthews has a shitty attitude...
    Definitely the exact opposite of everything I've read on the kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Where did you get that info from?
    Ditto?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
    Matthews has a shitty attitude and reminds me of Kessel.

Matthews will likely get picked 1st overall but Laine will be the better fantasy own. By a long shot.
    Said the guy drafting second this coming fantasy season?

Unless you have some retrospect that the rest of the hockey watching world has this smells of smear campaign because he has shown nothing but maturity beyond his years and a great attitude.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

it's got me thinking about this draft against the 2004 draft:

if WSH drafted Malkin instead of Ovechkin, would they have won a cup (or few) by now? Would Pittsburgh have been better off with Ovechkin?

I'm a Laine fan but you can't argue the value of a #1C..

The Great One

That's why you don't like Matthews. Cause he ditched juniors? I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Could have been a horrible year. Overseas, new country, new language, only 17 years old, bigger ice, etc. He definitely handled it way better than I thought. The 'gamble' paid off so to speak. Oh, and the 500k or whatever he got.

But don't say he has shitty attitude problems cause he ditched juniors. Makes you look pretty ignorant.

Also, the phrase "bee in your bonnet" is an idiomatic expression used to refer to someone who seems to be obsessed with an idea or agitated about a concept.

You totally used that phrase wrong.

You have a bee in your bonnet concerning Matthews attitude. Pretty sure thats how you use it. Maybe not.

Dobber Sports Expert

With the amount of wingers the Leafs have in the organization, there is more need to add Matthews than Laine. Also when an NHL team drafts a franchise C, they are looking at more to his game than just his final point tally.

In fantasy, its completely different. Really the only way I would draft Laine over Matthews right now is if it were a goal heavy league. Otherwise, Matthews is the safer bet to take #1. Sure Laine may be better, but he may not be. You just never know.

And Hopefully we don't hear about how Laine outscores Matthews at the WC (if that happens) and that's the deciding factor. Laine is playing on a far better and more mature hockey team. Matthews is being tasked with a lot more responsibilities for the Americans than the Finns would ever ask of Laine.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I won the lottery this year and will likely be selecting Matthews 1st overall. Our keeper is consists of about 33.3% Leafs fans, therefore whoever the Leafs pick 1st will hold more value in our league. I am 99% sure the Leafs will be taking Matthews because he is a center. I think as has been said previously, Laine would be the easy choice in a goal heavy league, ours is point only.
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    I won the lottery this year and will likely be selecting Matthews 1st overall. Our keeper is consists of about 33.3% Leafs fans, therefore whoever the Leafs pick 1st will hold more value in our league. I am 99% sure the Leafs will be taking Matthews because he is a center. I think as has been said previously, Laine would be the easy choice in a goal heavy league, ours is point only.
    Are you planning on auctioning off the top pick and creating a bit of a bidding war between all of these Leafs fans?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Are you planning on auctioning off the top pick and creating a bit of a bidding war between all of these Leafs fans?
    I'm open to it, however it will take a lot to trade the pick. I'm not trading it one for one, I would need a star forward and star dman in return, or it makes no sense as my team is very young and Matthews fits right in!
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    I'm open to it, however it will take a lot to trade the pick. I'm not trading it one for one, I would need a star forward and star dman in return, or it makes no sense as my team is very young and Matthews fits right in!
    Completely fair. I was just playing on the Toronto fan bit, but I hadn't noticed your team. He really does fit perfectly into your team, so that would need to be a huge return.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)