Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PK Subban

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: PK Subban

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

teams with cap space don't want to spend that much money on one player who is not worth it.
    But this is just your opinion. You have no idea what teams who don't have that true #1 really think about Subban and whether he's worth it or not. The Oilers could easily see him being worth that much towards their cap because they don't have someone like him and probably consider him a fair price for that much.

I dont know what Chiarelli would send for someone like Subban, but I bet he's willing to pay his salary.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Picking up Dion sure paid dividends.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Probably only Doughty or Keith would make any team I'd want over PK. Insane to even consider trading him and I'd have to any team with the cap space would be a much better team with his addition.

Banned

This discussion is ridiculous. How can anyone think Phaneuf's contract is okay and Subban's isnt moveable.

Dobber Sports Guru

If the Habs keep Therrien and get rid of Subban, Bergevin is going to lose all goodwill he's built up over the years.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Monster

There will be teams bidding for Subban even with his contract being too high. #1 premiere defensemen don't get put on the market that often and are very hard to find and develop in the first place. Many teams would gladly move around some pieces to fit him in their lineup

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    If the Habs keep Therrien and get rid of Subban, Bergevin is going to lose all goodwill he's built up over the years.
    I won't confess that I don't have my finger on the pulse of Hab Nation but from the outside looking in, can you explain why Bergevin would have earned any goodwill?

Last offseason, he needed forwards and used his cap space to re-sign Petry. To this day, the lack of F depth has been unaddressed.
    This season, he plays day-to-day nonsense with team docs and the fanbase regarding Price all season long. And the team started off hot and was in pretty good shape when the injury occurred. If Bergevin had simply found a battle-tested quality G replacement (Reimer or Bernier could've filled the void at a digestible cost), I believe we wouldn't be hearing any of this Subban talk and be poring over the Habs chances in the playoffs.

It's hard to lay a non-playoff year solely on Bergevin given how heavily Price is leaned on in Montreal...but he has had a few seasons worth of opportunities to fix issues and hasn't done so. What goodwill has he earned?

To bring it back to Subban, Bergevin would need to be lobotomized to do that kind of move. He signed this Subban monster contract. It did not suddenly sour in a year. Subban is properly identified as a valuable member of your core and the community at large. Competent managers don't F with that.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Kuznetsov Frost WKarlsson ---MBourque Rossi MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson
    LW: Caufield Hagel Nichushkin EKane---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brown Kakko---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan
    D : Theodore Seider Addison Klingberg Gostisbehere Fehervary---Edvinsson
    G : Talbot Korpisalo ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Chabot Hart Novak Andersen

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts, 1 2nd
    2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    I won't confess that I don't have my finger on the pulse of Hab Nation but from the outside looking in, can you explain why Bergevin would have earned any goodwill?
    I agree with you. But there are still plenty of fans who think MB is great. I had this exact chat with my buddies at poker two weeks ago. Five of us at the same table, all Habs fans. I mention how MB hasn't done much, and they all think he has because he didn't have a lot to work with when he took over. There's still not a lot of blame on MB for anything yet.

But we were all in agreement on one thing: Therrien has to go. Rumour has it he will be kept on for another year. So if Therrien stays and PK goes, that won't bode well with fans.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid