Thread: Drop Darling for Murray? +REP

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Drop Darling for Murray? +REP

In the championship final (league 1 in sig) and my opponent got a stellar start with a win and a shutout last night with Varlomov and Bishop.

His goalie stat line to start the week is now
    GS W GA SV SO MIN GAA SV%
    2 2 3 66 1 120 1.50 .95

My third goalie is Darling, who starts against Minn tonight, with games against Winn and Bost Friday and Sunday.

Terrible matchup vs Minny tonight, who have been on fire.

Murray gets the start tonight vs Buffalo who is on the back end of a B2B; Murray prob gets another start against either the Islanders or Flyers at the end of week.

Do I drop Darling for Murray, even if it is just for tonight's matchup?
    L1: 14T keep 10 H2H 12F/6D/2G/3B
    P Cats: g/a/+/-/pim/sog/bs/stp/hits
    G Cats: w/sv/so/gaa/sv%

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe
    D: klingberg,theodore,gudas,burns
    G: varlomov,talbot,shesterkin
    IR: radulov,pettersson

L2: 10T keep 10 H2H

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson
    D: klingberg,trouba,yandle,faulk,letang
    G: shesterkin,sorokin,lankinen,lehner
    IR: seguin,petterson,fleury

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Drop Darling for Murray? +REP

Buffalo will be an easy match-up since they played last night. If you have unlimited move then yes do it. Then you could grab Grubauer on saturday to play vs Arizona since it will be the 2nd game of a B2b for WSH.

Are you sure you can make a move since you have Bobrovsky on IR and he is back? With Yahoo it's a roster violation and you would need to drop someone to make any other add.

Dobber Sports Novice

Murray tonight is the better match up for sure, but Darling against Winnipeg is solid also. Depending on how quickly you can add him back maybe drop him for a couple days then swap them again? Sucks to be chasing such a big deficit right out of the gate.
    Salary Cap Dynasty - 20 Teams - H2H Categories - Daily Starts
    3L, 3C, 3R, 6D, 1G, 1 UTIL, 6B, 3IR
    G, A, Points, STP, +/-, Hits, Blocks
    W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - Monahan, Toews, Stamkos
    LW - Baertschi, M. Johansson, E Kane,
    RW - Burns, Kassian, Voracek
    D - Alzner, Dekeyser, OEL, Ellis, Morrow, Y. Weber
    U - Jenner
    G - Varlamov, Mason, Neuvirth
    Bench - E. Lindholm, Perron, McCann, Beaulieu,
    IR - JVR

Farm (notables): Vasilevskiy, Morrissey, Oleksiak, M. Dal Colle, Merkley, Beauvillier, Baptiste

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by BillyD. View Post
    Buffalo will be an easy match-up since they played last night. If you have unlimited move then yes do it. Then you could grab Grubauer on saturday to play vs Arizona since it will be the 2nd game of a B2b for WSH.

Are you sure you can make a move since you have Bobrovsky on IR and he is back? With Yahoo it's a roster violation and you would need to drop someone to make any other add.
    Its for league one (not two with Bob on IR - I need to update that sig). My sig says murray at the moment, but really it is Darling.

I have used 2/4 moves this week already, so I have two moves left. Thanks for the Grubauer insight - had not looked at that one yet.

Now the question is, do I use my remaining moves on goalie moves, or roll the dice with Darling for the rest of the week and save my two moves for skater moves?

Alternatively I could have one goalie move, hope lundqvist and luongo do enough, and have one more skater move.

Fantasy playoffs! too many hard decisions!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blemenag View Post
    Murray tonight is the better match up for sure, but Darling against Winnipeg is solid also. Depending on how quickly you can add him back maybe drop him for a couple days then swap them again? Sucks to be chasing such a big deficit right out of the gate.
    I would be able to pick him back up (if nobody else does) for the Winnipeg game. I guess I could just sit Darling out for tonight, but Murray's matchup looks so sexy

F: tarasenko,yamamoto,p kane,backstrom, zuccarello,gourde,lafreniere,w karlsson,iafallo,bunting,khaira,brown,pageau,vorac ek, palat,verhaeghe

F: w. karlsson,mcdavid,kreider,nylander,hoffman,giroux,d ebrincat,reinhart,hintz,verhaeghe,tuch,iafallo,tol vanen,robertson

Dobber Sports Titan

With the case of you having used up 2/4 moves already, I would stick with Darling for tonight at least, and re-evaluate come Thursday (ish). Those moves can be huge if you're chasing a category like SoG, Hts or Blks at the end of the week. It's not like Darling is a poor option either, and you do already know that he is starting tonight, and then will likely have the cushy matchup against Wpg as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    With the case of you having used up 2/4 moves already, I would stick with Darling for tonight at least, and re-evaluate come Thursday (ish). Those moves can be huge if you're chasing a category like SoG, Hts or Blks at the end of the week. It's not like Darling is a poor option either, and you do already know that he is starting tonight, and then will likely have the cushy matchup against Wpg as well.
    My opponents hot goalie start is giving me a serious case of itchy trigger finger to get Murray in hopes for a good start too, but patience could be key... but in this case, do I sit or start Darling? I am leaning towards risking it and starting him and hoping he doesn't let in more than 3 goals lol.

Dobber Sports Titan

Best way to catch this kind of start is to play your goalies. You're not going to catch him without starts of your own.
    Patience is key, especially before we even hit Tuesday games.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Best way to catch this kind of start is to play your goalies. You're not going to catch him without starts of your own.
    Patience is key, especially before we even hit Tuesday games.
    voice of reason, cheers.

I'll make the Murray move in other leagues where I have more room to move around.

Thanks, all Rep'd!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Let's keep it simple... under no circumstances should you start Darling tonight. I am of the mindset to bench him tonight and play him the rest of the week. I wouldn't mess around with the extra moves to get Murray.
    CCRWRWLWLWFWDDDDUGG (4 bench; 2 IR)

Yahoo Head 2 Head; 2 Keepers
    (G),(A), (+/-), (PIM),(PPP),(SHP),(GWG),(SOG), (FW), (W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Titan

Well it's a good thing you didn't grab Murray. Down 2-0 through 15 minutes to Buffalo

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well it's a good thing you didn't grab Murray. Down 2-0 through 15 minutes to Buffalo
    one goal shorthanded too!

yes, good non pickup. I would have threw in towel right there haha.

I was thinking of playing Darling again, but Seabrook is sick and not playing tonight. Just one more reason not to play him

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ntrspctv View Post
    one goal shorthanded too!

yes, good non pickup. I would have threw in towel right there haha.

I was thinking of playing Darling again, but Seabrook is sick and not playing tonight. Just one more reason not to play him
    Even with that news, my opinion is still to play Darling, but you know your league best, and sometimes you have to go with your gut. Best of luck either way!