Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dobber - Ask Your Questions Now! - Easter Edition

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Dobber - Ask Your Questions Now! - Easter Edition

Deliver me a golden egg, Dobber!!

Neck and neck for first with two weeks left (we don't have playoffs, just end when reg season does).

I have been offered:

MAF, Panarin, Justin Schultz, Chara for Crawford, Gaudreau, Muzzin, Stralman

my take: Love MAF over injured Craw (though it only works out to get me 2 or 3 starts), I'll take Schultz happily for injured Stral, I lose on Muzzin for Chara but cost of doing business BUT the biggie is Gaudreau for Panarin. Pan seems to be fading down the stretch and I am still not as sold on him as I am for Johnny Hockey, who continues to produce PPG.

My other option is to ride the wire for tenders behind Elliott (Smith, Berube, Wedgewood, Greiss all options to be grabbed game by game), I can eat the loss of Stralman and just bench him and just keep riding Johnny H to the promise land.

Worth pulling the trigger or roll as is?

Thanks so much
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Sorry accidentally deleted my own questions.

1) with mack and duchene hurt I have the option to put in stastny, saad, jokinen, or mcginn. In a points only format who is the best choice rest of season? The guy in second has getz and Perry so I'm thinking mcginn but stastny has been good last 3 games.

2) in a keep 5+1 rookie next year I know kuch, kuz, and mack are set with ghost bear as my rookie, and I need to keep lundqvist for name only, but the last spot comes down to burns, duchene, bobrovsky, Gibson or kessel. I am leaning to burns, Gibson or kessel for trade value alone but need some helps. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for doing this Dobber. It' my H2H final, 2 weeks matchup, mostly points but hits, bs and pp gives a little bonus, I have 3,5M of cap space to fit 3 players, (salary based on auction), what is the best combination?

Pominville 2,25, Nelson 2, Bjorkstrand 2, Fisher 1, Frolik 0,5, Gionta 0,5

Second question, do I go crazy and bench McDavid and his 4 games to dress one of my 0,5 guys instead, so I can win 1M more of cap space to also dress Pirri 3M and his 8 games?

Thanks in advance!
    105 teams (7 divisions of 15 teams with indivual drafts), Regular Season Points Total, Playoffs H2H Points, One Year League $$$
    Start 4F, 4D, 2U, 2G daily, 5 bench
    G, A, +/- (important cat), PIM, PPG, SHG, SHA, GWG, HAT, SOG, WIN, GA, SV, SO, OTL

F:
    D:
    G:
    IR:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Question 1: Do you see Nash as having started his decline as opposed to just a down year for him. He is 32 after all and goal scorers at this age often decline. In my cap league with his 7.8 mil AAV, if the best I can hope for is 30g, 30a and 15ppp, if he stays healthy, then he is a downright drop with that production. I personally don't see him going back to 35+ g.

Question 2: What odds would you put in Radulov playing in the NHL next year?

Thanks!
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

I...am your father.

With salary and upside I would keep Miller and Wennberg - tons of $ savings there.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd pick Silfverberg, but this is a tough one and I think I'm a little biased (I own Silf in one league, and don't like McGinn in fantasy hockey at all). With that caveat in mind, my vote is for Silf
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    With salary and upside I would keep Miller and Wennberg - tons of $ savings there.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd pick Silfverberg, but this is a tough one and I think I'm a little biased (I own Silf in one league, and don't like McGinn in fantasy hockey at all). With that caveat in mind, my vote is for Silf
    Thanks! I just picked up Silfverberg, and hope for the best. Great looking schedule ahead for the Ducks too.

Cheers
    10 Team, (points only) Keeper
    F: Kucherov, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Zibanejad, Nylander, Bjorkstrand, R.Johansen, Perron, Buchnevich.
    D: Burns, Klingberg, Provorov, Fox, DeAngelo, Grzelcyk.
    G: Vasilevskiy, Shesterkin, Koskinen, Saros, Georgiev.
    Bench: Gurianov, Hintz, Norris, Chytil, Thornton.

I...am your father.

xLemZHappy Easter Dobber,

This upcoming week is the last week in my 1 year league (Ive gotten to the finals!) the team in my sig is the one. Now out of all those players in my sig who should I drop for a hot free agent this week Was thinking about dropping Pelly (doesn't fit with my schedule) Coture (has been bad) and Silferberg (Piri is a better option?). Who in your opinion should I drop this week and for what free agents?

Allen on the wire btw drop Greiss for him this week?

Thanks for all the help this year and hope you and your family have a great Easter!
    Allen will only start once this wee, IMO, but that once will be a win and a shutout (probably, the way things are going!). I would drop Greiss for the one win though, yes. At this time of year, it's okay to drop Couture. I don't know what free agents are available on your waiver wire?

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Happy Easter to you and your family!

1) will Bobrovsky be a top 10 goalie next year?
    2) how good is J. Vesey? Better than Mantha?
    1) I think so if he's healthy. Which he won't be, so no.
    2) Vesey is not better than Mantha in terms of upside. Mantha is like a nicer Corey Perry and Vesey's numbers will be more like a Zach Parise

Dobber Sports Veteran

One more, what the heck, had another beer! Been watching Columbus recently to see Bjorgstrand. It seems that torts likes him. I'm really kinda liking him, he looks to have good positioning without the puck where it seems like the puck is following him. Have you watched him in NHL and what are your thoughts on him?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Happy Easter!

I'll throw one at you, and it's more of an opinion question than an actual fantasy one. Just a good ole fashioned hockey question.

Who do you think the Oilers end up moving this off-season (RNH?, Eberle?, etc) and who do you think they target in return?

And also, what's your take on Stamkos this off-season? Do you think he re-signs in TB or is he on the move?
    I think they SHOULD move Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov. I think they WILL move only Yakupov. They seem to be doing (not seem to - they are) less than what they should be doing/less than what their fans want. So bet on them continuing to do less than you'd expect.

My pick for Stamkos:
    1. Toronto 60%
    2. Stays put 20%
    3. Another team 20%

I have it on good authority that the Leafs already bought a Brinks truck and are in the process of filling it with money. I assume this will be for Stamkos because they repainted the outside to say "We Love You, Steven!"

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hey Dobber. Fantastic insights. You are the man.

My question is this: What type of numbers do you see for Logan Couture going forward? His 2015/16 season did not start that well and he has not really been himself since his injuries. Trying to decide whether to keep him in my keep 10 but he is not showing me anything lately that gives me a great deal of optimism going forward. My league rewards face offs with .05 of a point (league in sig), so even with 55-60 points he will likely outscore Wheeler by a fair margin (as long as he generated his usual 400-500 face off wins). With the face off wins as a high scoring category in this league, I am almost tempted to keep Trocheck. If he can get me 600-700 F/O wins and 50-55 points + next season he is right in the mix with Wheeler and Couture. Plus he is only 22 years old. The lad is really putting together an impressive last half of the season. Currently Trocheck is 31st in my league in scoring amongst all skaters. Ahead of both Couture and Wheeler for ppg average. Couture (1.79), Wheeler (1.9), and Trocheck (2.03).

What are your thoughts Dobber?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ace

I am leading my H2H semifinals matchup ending today, have 2 FA moves can use up to set up roster for next week (plus 3 more moves next week).

One potential final's opponent has 3 SJ players (Pavelski, Thornton, and Martin Jones) who play 4 games next week (M, Tues, Th, Sat)

Do I consider picking up Hertl (linemate of the Joe's), or Marleau/Couture (play PP with them but ice cold) to try to counterbalance if SJ goes off? Or even adding Reimer to block possible SJ goalie tandem (SJ play canucks twice who've been getting shutout like crazy)

Or should I try for players like McGinn (already have Perry/Getzlaf/Silfverberg), E.Kane, Palat, Toffoli, Lucic or Eakin/Sharp (other team also has J.Benn)

Would probably drop Nash, and Galchenyuk.

8 team H2H (Keep 5)
    Roster
    C- Getzlaf, Kuznetsov (LW), Datsyuk (LW)
    RW - Perry, Tarasenko, Silfverberg (LW)
    LW- Sedin, Nash (RW), Huberdeau (C), Galchenyuk (C)
    D - Karlsson, Letang, Gostisbehiere, empty
    G- Elliot, Luongo, Andersen (anh)
    IR - Schneider
    Cats - G, A, Pts, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, GWG, Wins, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Semi-retired

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    Deliver me a golden egg, Dobber!!

Neck and neck for first with two weeks left (we don't have playoffs, just end when reg season does).

I have been offered:

MAF, Panarin, Justin Schultz, Chara for Crawford, Gaudreau, Muzzin, Stralman

my take: Love MAF over injured Craw (though it only works out to get me 2 or 3 starts), I'll take Schultz happily for injured Stral, I lose on Muzzin for Chara but cost of doing business BUT the biggie is Gaudreau for Panarin. Pan seems to be fading down the stretch and I am still not as sold on him as I am for Johnny Hockey, who continues to produce PPG.

My other option is to ride the wire for tenders behind Elliott (Smith, Berube, Wedgewood, Greiss all options to be grabbed game by game), I can eat the loss of Stralman and just bench him and just keep riding Johnny H to the promise land.

Worth pulling the trigger or roll as is?

Thanks so much
    I would roll as is and get Wedgewood, the way he's going. If you can eat the Stralman loss, then hand tight. Gaudreau is a safer and better keeper and he'll keep pumping out the points in the final weeks

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsealey View Post
    Sorry accidentally deleted my own questions.

1) with mack and duchene hurt I have the option to put in stastny, saad, jokinen, or mcginn. In a points only format who is the best choice rest of season? The guy in second has getz and Perry so I'm thinking mcginn but stastny has been good last 3 games.

2) in a keep 5+1 rookie next year I know kuch, kuz, and mack are set with ghost bear as my rookie, and I need to keep lundqvist for name only, but the last spot comes down to burns, duchene, bobrovsky, Gibson or kessel. I am leaning to burns, Gibson or kessel for trade value alone but need some helps. Thanks.

1) Rest of season I would definitely go with Jokinen
    http://dobberhockey.com/players/jussi-jokinen
    18 points in his last 15 games
    Also would go with McGinn

2) Burns, absolutely. And if anything you keep Gibson over Lundqvist but that depends on when your deadline is. If it's in July and Andersen is still around, perhaps you'll want to keep Lundy.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by louba5 View Post
    Thanks for doing this Dobber. It' my H2H final, 2 weeks matchup, mostly points but hits, bs and pp gives a little bonus, I have 3,5M of cap space to fit 3 players, (salary based on auction), what is the best combination?

Pominville 2,25, Nelson 2, Bjorkstrand 2, Fisher 1, Frolik 0,5, Gionta 0,5

Second question, do I go crazy and bench McDavid and his 4 games to dress one of my 0,5 guys instead, so I can win 1M more of cap space to also dress Pirri 3M and his 8 games?

Thanks in advance!
    Pommer, Frolik, Gionta

And no, keep McDavid's 4 games over Pirri's 8 games + say a Fisher-type. But it's the right thought and a close call.