Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rask or Mason rest of the way starting tonight.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Rask or Mason rest of the way starting tonight.

Wins a SO only. Phi seems to have an easier schedule. Phi has one gm in hand. Who would you roll?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Default Re: Rask or Mason rest of the way starting tonight.

Even with everything you mentioned I would never be able to ever go with Mason over Rask.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Rask left last nights game with what's being called an "illness". It doesn't sound serious enough to make me choose Mason over him though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I hope Rask is over it then... Col seems like an easy W with their top 2 C out.. thanks guys
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Rask left last nights game with what's being called an "illness". It doesn't sound serious enough to make me choose Mason over him though.
    Coming off being pulled, with this flu or whatever, you still start him over Mason vs. lame duck COL for a W or SO? Am I talking myself too much into this?

BOS:

Vs FA
    @ TOR
    @ NJD
    @ STL
    @ CHI
    Vs CAR
    Vs DET

PHI:

@ COL
    @ ARZ
    Vs WPG
    Vs WSH
    Vs OTT
    @ PIT
    @ DET
    Vs TOR

BOS Home (16-16-5) Vs Road (23-11-3)

PHI Home (19-10-7) Vs Road (16-14-6)

So, PHI 19-7 against Bos 23-11... Same differential lol. Rask clearly the better goalie and BOS is the better team but until that debacle against CBJ (I was 2 mins away from a SO wtf...), PHI was streaking. You guys still like Rask to win more games in the next 8? Mason has no one breathing down him while Julien might start the pesky Gustavsson... I have limited substitutions, so this move counts big, starting tonight.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Coming off being pulled, with this flu or whatever, you still start him over Mason vs. lame duck COL for a W or SO? Am I talking myself too much into this?

BOS:

Vs FA
    @ TOR
    @ NJD
    @ STL
    @ CHI
    Vs CAR
    Vs DET

PHI:

@ COL
    @ ARZ
    Vs WPG
    Vs WSH
    Vs OTT
    @ PIT
    @ DET
    Vs TOR

BOS Home (16-16-5) Vs Road (23-11-3)

PHI Home (19-10-7) Vs Road (16-14-6)

So, PHI 19-7 against Bos 23-11... Same differential lol. Rask clearly the better goalie and BOS is the better team but until that debacle against CBJ (I was 2 mins away from a SO wtf...), PHI was streaking. You guys still like Rask to win more games in the next 8? Mason has no one breathing down him while Julien might start the pesky Gustavsson... I have limited substitutions, so this move counts big, starting tonight.
    Nothing is written in stone that says Rask will win more, but I'd be more willing to hitch my wagon to Rask than I would be Mason. Gustavsson isn't breathing down Rask's neck.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Rask over Mason would be my choice.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dont listen to these clowns. Mason is winning and Rask is losing - Philly is battling hard for that last playoff spot just like boston. If no one's noticed, they've been playing with a fire in their bellies- letting in fewer shots in the last 10-12 games and scoring more.

Not to mention Mason has always has more raw talent than Rask (who suffers more from Martin Brodeur syndrome- as his success heavily depends on his team- Boston hasn't been as good defensively over the past 2 years and Rask's stats have dipped accordingly).

Mason will steal games for Philly, Rask will not steal games down the stretch.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Master

Since this thread started:

Rask 1-1
    Mason 1-1-1

lol somebody stand out already!.....
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Expert

Another Mason vote. If my math adds up, Mason is 7-2-2 in the last 11 games and has given up two or fewer goals in the last 5. Mason is mostly guaranteed to start most of the games down the stretch as well.

Dobber Sports Master

Realized I screwed up the sched a bit. Here are the games left for both clubs:

BOS:

@ NJD
    @ STL
    @ CHI
    Vs CAR
    Vs DET
    Vs OTT

PHI:

Vs WSH
    Vs OTT
    @ PIT
    @ DET
    Vs TOR
    Vs PIT
    @NYI

I've got 3 switches left, with Mason currently in and Rask facing NJD on the road tonight sans Schneider yet again. Start has not been confirmed but it will probably be him. Outside the start tonight and against CAR and OTT, Rask seems to have the harder remaining schedule, other than Mason facing PIT twice and WSH, though it seems to me that PHI actually matches up well against those clubs in recent history, giving Mason the weaker schedule and one extra game.. Tough call to me.. My pool fate will literally hang on this lol.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

I want to say Mason, but based on the schedule, I have to say Rask.

Phily is white hot, Mason is guaranteed those starts. In the past, when Mason has been good (streaky) he is very very good.
    Phili has 3 more back to backs though left this year, and they play PIT twice in there.

When Rask plays, him and the team are going to be more rested (Boston has no B2Bs left), you may even have a chance at a SO, which is unlikely from Mason in these circumstances.
    Hopefully the Bruins aren't too lackluster for the rest of the season, or they aren't going to make the playoffs. They had their petal to the metal for a long time in the second half of the season and are slowing down at the wrong time.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by MasterByte View Post
    They had their petal to the metal for a long time in the second half of the season and are slowing down at the wrong time.
    Good point on the B2Bs... With 3 moves left, my plan so far is to put Rask in tonight and switch him for Mason tomorrow. Then, I would flip back to Rask on Apr 5th for the rest of the way. That avoids him road dates with STL and CHI and he returns home to play CAR, DET and OTT. I would just hope Gusty doesn't take any of those starts. Your last comment is the only thing that has me even considering bouncing between the two, as Bergeron, Krejci, Pastrnak... all are slowing down at precisely the wrong time, while PHI seems to also be cooling from a recent hot run, it's at a slower rate than the Bs. These moves get me 7 starts at best (if each goalie plays each game) and that is the best case if I left Mason in there for the rest of the way: that is, 7 starts, though I'm trying to go for the easiest competition to both.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Other option is to ride Mason and Rask and leave Rinne on the bench, but NSH is a very good team and Rinne has been playing very well lately. Increased chance of Ws there..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Nothing is written in stone that says Rask will win more, but I'd be more willing to hitch my wagon to Rask than I would be Mason. Gustavsson isn't breathing down Rask's neck.
    You think my schedule strategy starting tonight gets the best of both worlds?
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin