Thread: Goalie advice - Mike Smith vs Chad Johnson ROS

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie advice - Mike Smith vs Chad Johnson ROS

Hey, I could use some advice for my last available FA pickup. In my total points league in my signature, we have a cap of 164 goalie games for the season and with Lehner hurt, and Mike Smith back, I have accepted I'm not going to reach that cap. However, I can still pick up a goalie (likely drop Domingue since I see Pavelec getting more starts down the stretch) and try to get as close to it as possible. I am currently sitting in first, and any additional points I can get will help me hold on to that lead.

That being said, I narrowed it down to Mike Smith and Chad Johnson as the best available FA goalies. I'm personally leaning toward Smith since he seems to be performing quite well after returning from his injury, has the possibility to play more games (7 vs 9 if I don't include the tail end of B2B's), and may hold some trade value in the off season as a starting goalie. My co-gm likes Johnson because of his easier schedule (@Carolina, Winnipeg, Toronto, @NJ, Columbus being the easiest fixtures).

Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks!
    1 year 10 man H2H weekly line-ups
    G (2) A (1.5) PP/SHP (1) GWG (1) SoG (.1) Hit (.05) PIM (.05) BLK (.15)
    W (3) SO (2) GA (-.5) SV (.1)

Start 2C 2LW 2RW 2F 4D 2G
    C: Crosby, Getzlaf
    LW: Benn, Rantanen
    RW: Pastrnak, M. Stone
    F: D. Sedin, Johansen
    D: Ristolainen, Krug, Hamilton, OEL
    G: Bobrovsky, Dubnyk
    Bench: J. Carter, Schenn, Leddy, Faulk, Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Goalie advice - Mike Smith vs Chad Johnson ROS

Definitely Smith for me. I expect Lehner to come back shortly from his ankle injury and then split with Johnson, so yeah, I think Smith will carry the load the rest of the way in Arizona.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Goalie advice - Mike Smith vs Chad Johnson ROS

I have zero faith in Lehner nor his health.