Thread: The Goalie Gods Hate Me

Dobber Sports Novice

Default The Goalie Gods Hate Me

So, all year has been brutal for me in terms of goalies until the last little while where I settled on Mrazek and Andersen. I picked up Howard for the handcuff, Gibson was already taken.

Now, after breaking through round 1 of the playoffs, I am up against the #1 team by a mile during the regular season. Problem is, player for player, I think my team is better.

All I need is 3 goalie starts between two of these goalies. Just 3. 3 games played for each team.

Who knows what I get from BB on the ANA goalie splits. Do I get 2 for Andersen, or only one? Which one of Howard/Mrazek gets the 2 and the other the 1?

Andersen/Mrazek gives me the best shot of winning. Howard gets the start for Detroit on Tuesday, so that hurts Mrazek's chances of getting 2 games. I'd have to rely on Andersen getting 2. That being said, ANA has the weakest competition this week.

I could just run Howard/Mrazek and guarantee the starts.

Howard/Andersen seems the least likely/successful option.

Do I play the two best goalies and hope for results? Or do I play it safe and hope DET has a big week?
    10 team H2H keeper league. 8 Keepers, Keep 5 prospects with GP limitations.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG, HIT, BS,W,GAA,SV%,SO

Keepers:
    F- B. Tkachuk, Zibanejad, Aho (Car), Point, DeBrincat, E. Lindholm, Kreider
    D- Makar, Heiskanen
    G- Andersen

Prospect- Wallstedt (Prospect), Bouchard (Prospect), Samsonov (Prospect), Knight (Prospect)

Other- Nichushkin, Zucker, Boldy, Krejci, Boeser, Lehkonen,Chiarot, Barrie, Xhekaj, Bobrovksy, Hart, Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: The Goalie Gods Hate Me

how confident are you in your players outperforming his this week?

If you are fairly confident i thinki i may start mrazek/howard and guarantuee the three starts

if not, i may run andersen/mrazek for the high risk high reward kind of approach
    Multi-Cat League G,A,P, PIMS,HITS,BLKS, SOG, PPP, GAA, Sv%, Wins
    15 Team Dynasty Salary cap league using AAV
    Active: 12 FWDS 6 Defence 2 Goalies
    Bench: 5
    Farm: 10

F: Larkin, Zibanejad, Gaudreau, Tavares, Laine, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Dach, Comtois, Glass, Zadina, Villardi, Mittlestadt, Virtanen, Saad
    D: Chychrun, Sergachev, Dumba, Ty Smith, OEL, Dermott, Brodie
    G:Rittich, Quick, Cal Petersen, Desmith

Farm: Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Podkolzin, Gunler, Drysdale, Byram, Askarov, Ukko-pekka Lukkonen, Dustin Wolf

2021 rookie Draft:: 4 1st rd picks

2022 draft: 6 1st rd picks

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: The Goalie Gods Hate Me

I'm assuming this is weekly starts otherwise there's no issue.

Going with the Detroit combo assures you the 3 starts and makes you eligible.
    Given that Howard is confirmed for Tuesday, and Mrazek is still banged up I don't think you can go Andersen/Mrazek as too many things could go wrong and cost you the 3 starts.
    I also see a plausible situation where Andersen/Howard only gets you 2 starts.

I think you have to start the Detroit duo and hope for the best...
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR