Thread: Kyle Connor vs Brock Boeser

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Kyle Connor vs Brock Boeser

Where does Brock rank compared to Connor? Same league?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Kyle Connor vs Brock Boeser

I like Boeser but I think Connor should be rated in an entire tier above him at least.

Dobber Sports Deity

Kyle Connor is the sweetheart everyone loves right now, but Brock Boeser is having himself a solid year in UND as well.

25G in 36 games is nothing to sneeze at.

I doubt anyone here will say Boeser is as good as Connor, but I don't think he's that far behind him. He just isn't getting the same love.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Is Boeser worth getting in a league with 24 player rosters, all points, 15 managers? Or not quite there yet

Dobber Sports Genius

Depends on minor restrictions and limitations I'd say. I don't think he will have a big impact in the NHL for 2-3 years minimum.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Boeser needs to improve his skating to be on the same level than Connor. But he can score goals no doubt.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You also have to remember that Conner has Compher and Motte to play with.. On the other hand, 61 points in 34 games for Connor is amazing no matter who his linemates are..

I would rather have Connor in this debate and I'm sure the Jets feel the same.. They sure like their Michigan boys: Trouba, Copp, and Connor..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Connor for sure but I like Boeser. I would like to see them in a better league against better competition, though. Hope they both play AHL next eyar

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    You also have to remember that Conner has Compher and Motte to play with.. On the other hand, 61 points in 34 games for Connor is amazing no matter who his linemates are..

I would rather have Connor in this debate and I'm sure the Jets feel the same.. They sure like their Michigan boys: Trouba, Copp, and Connor..
    It's not like Compher and Motte are nobodies but Boeser's linemate Nick Schmaltz is one of the best playmakers in the NCAA and offensively speaking is way better than Compher and Motte.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

currently connor is the better prospect but it wouldn't surprise me if boeser ends up having a faster impact in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Really interesting there's no other threads since this one asking for comparisons of these two - least not in the title. Really interested to hear/see what people think now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

no thoughts on comparing these two two years later?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Seems like everyone was on the Connor bandwagon (for most part) a couple years ago. Now, I'd say it's pretty close, Boeser has as lethal a shot as anybody in the NHL, I think Connor's game is a bit more complete though. Really comes down to linemates at this point. Connor has a gluttony of great linemates which is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand he'll always line up with great players, on the other he may end up on 2nd unit/2nd pp unit and not get quite as much quality chances.
    Boeser on the other hand, doesn't have as many quality linemates, but he has a superb one in Pettersson, should be locked into 1st unit and 1st pp unit but if he's not with Petterrson he takes a big hit to his production.

Bottom line, both are great players and should be for years to come and I wouldn't say either of them are a tier above the other.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Deity

Damn this thread is almost 3 years old LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Damn this thread is almost 3 years old LOL!
    I know. I can't believe it's the only thread comparing these two directly. I just traded Boeser for Connor getting a bump in pick from first 3 of 2nd round to somewhere between 2-7th 1st round because I see them as pretty even moving forward.

Wanted to see other opinions on these two, vs. the original post-draft opinions