Thread: Domingue's value?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Domingue's value?

It seems like pretty much everybody agrees that Hellebuyck and Vasi have great potential and keeper/dynasty value. What is the thought on Louis Domingue?

Is it:
    Vasilevskiy/Hellebuyck
    Domingue

Or:
    Vasilevskiy/Hellebuyck

Domingue

Or even:
    Vasilevskiy/Hellebuyck

Domingue
    --

Dobber's top 100 goalie rankings has Domingue (28) above Hellebuyck (30) and Vasilevskiy (35), but I am sure that is in great part due to the fact that Domingue is the acting starter for his team right now while Hellebuyck is in the AHL and Vasi is in a clear back up role. How good of a keeper/dynasty asset is Domingue over the next several years? Any information/projections/opinions appreciated.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Domingue's value?

Domingue has nowhere near the talent that Vas and Hellboy have.

The team is bad enough right now that he's not a short term answer, and he himself isn't talented enough to be anyones long term answer either. You gotta be truly desperate for starts to use Domingue. I would even start Lehner over Domingue, and Lehner is way lower in Dobber's rankings.

If you can get a pick for him, do it.
    12 team keeper
    Points only: G-1, A-1, W-2, SO-3; weekly rosters: 7F, 5D, 2G; keep 20 of 25

F: Tavares, McDavid, RNH, Stepan, Okposo, Brassard, Stone, Scheifele, Zibanejad, Ehlers, Larkin, Lindholm, Namestnikov
    D: OEL, Hamilton, Mo. Rielly, Parayko, Gostisbehere, Trouba, Theodore
    G: Price, Dubnyk, Lehner, Hellebuyck, Greiss

2014-15 Champ

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Domingue's value?

Bumping this.

Domingue is not a highly touted guy, but he has a .917 save % for this season on a team that isn't great. He has really been on fire over the past 6 games with a 1.67 GAA and .950 save %, giving up only 1 goal each against Dallas, Tampa Bay, Calgary and Florida.

In Arizona he is stuck behind Mike Smith whose contract runs through '18-19, but he is on a one year deal and will be an RFA this offseason. Any chance he ends up getting an offer sheet from another team that is willing to give him a shot at the starting gig, and the Coyotes don't want to match it since they are paying Smith 5.67 mil/year?

I am probably looking too far into this. The problem is that I can't legitimize keeping him next year if he isn't starting somewhere (have to keep Bishop, Luongo and Vasi), but I would take the chance on keeping 4 goalies if he found himself in a good situation all of a sudden. Wishful thinking I am sure.