Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Default Re: 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

RGIII's biggest problem was/is (?) his ego and failure to be coached. He has all the talent to be an NFL pocket passer. But he needs the time and willingness to learn the nuances of the role. It's not his ability to run that's been his curse. It's that running is his default response when sensing/perceiving pressure. He's been doing it since he was in high school. I don't know how you can just turn that switch off.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7618/alfred-morris

Somewhat slipped under the radar, but Morris signs with the Cowboys on a 2 year deal. Jones says he's still behind Run-DMC on the depth chart but of course things can change in training camp...interesting signing that should be good depth for the Cowboys.

Dobber Sports Titan

Any FA QB has waited too long. The money train has left the station and now they just have to find a job.

As for the Morris signing, I don’t like how he went to the rivals lol. He almost went there in spite of the Skins. He had some solid yrs, but he is a 5th round guy I think out of FGSU. I think he became an RB because of the system he was in and not that he was a good RB. The skins have always been able to find some random RB and make him a starter.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/flipsreportNFL/s...50608946810881

The Saints signed Nick Fairley to a one year deal via @RapSheet
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/714460039566635008

For Jared Cook & #Packers, it's a 1-year deal worth $3.6M, source said. Hope is, as with FAs this time of year, to kill it & sign long-term
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Tough off-season for the Rams...their defense has gotten absolutely slaughtered the past couple of weeks (Jenkins, Long, Laurinaitis & Fairley)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7618/alfred-morris

Somewhat slipped under the radar, but Morris signs with the Cowboys on a 2 year deal. Jones says he's still behind Run-DMC on the depth chart but of course things can change in training camp...interesting signing that should be good depth for the Cowboys.
    Agreed in that I believe Morris to be a good depth signing too. I'm really curious on the community's thoughts on Arian Foster fantasy value should he latch on to a team. Rumors now that MIA is looking at him. Obviously where he signs would say a lot, but if he never displayed the sublime upside that he has, I feel like we wouldn't even be mentioning him given his age and injury history.

All things being equal Foster, best case scenario is a RB3. No?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Funny you mention that Foster is looking to sign in Miami because Miami was after Morris as well...they're going hard after RB depth and have struck out so far.

So far in Miami:
    Lamar Miller - contract offered by the Dolphins and rejected by Miller
    CJ Anderson - offer sheet matched by the Broncos
    Alfred Morris - pursued, ended up signing in Dallas
    Chris Johnson - pursued, resigned with Arizona
    Arian Foster - hosting this week

I don't think people need to be fully concerned with Ajayi's workload this coming year but he'll likely be more of a 2-down back for the Fins. I won't be surprised to see them sign Foster, use him as a situational threat and 3rd down back and then draft an RB as well in the mid rounds.