Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Administrator

Default Re: 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I won't argue, but of course that's an untenable situation in Denver.
    I feel like they could have won the SB with Tebow. Their defense was that good and Manning's arm was that noodled.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I feel like they could have won the SB with Tebow. Their defense was that good and Manning's arm was that noodled.
    Yea, I mean I doubt Tebow would want to go back, not that he wouldn't work ok there.

Dobber Sports Titan

Kaep’s not a FA. A team could sign RG3, then trade for Kaep and either QB would have no say in the matter.

Sanchez has proven to come into a game and do well enough, and make a random start if the starter is injured. Back ups in any position (QB or Goalie) take a certain mentality because you have to prepare mentally (more so in QBs in the situation) knowing you won’t play. Sometimes as a backup QB you go into the season not expecting to even get throws in, but you have to mentally prepare for games every week.

Sanchez has shown he can be a good No2 option. He’s also not bad enough where you need to have another QB option. I’m not saying he’s good at all, but like if the Broncos can’t get another QB to start, he can be thrown onto the field and not look lost.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

This should make you happy Steve.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Access/statu...32309976584192

Ravens have agreed to terms with S Eric Weddle.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yeah, I like it. Now to fix that cornerback situation...

Eeek Tebow talk. Gives me the heebie jeebies. Sanchez is tolerable in 3 game windows - no more. As for Kaepernick, ya'll forget the 49ers dumbed down that offense for him last year to such an extent that ist was "throw the ball to X" and he was still not seeing his receiver. Whether that was confidence broken or what, I don't know. But I do know that athletic players who rely solely on their God given talent at the expense of putting in the time to hone their craft are usually doomed. Kaepernick, Manziel, RGII fall into that category imo.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

The Niners tried to make Kaepernick a pocket passer and he simply doesn't have the accuracy to do it. He was good as a scrambler who had to throw on the run when needed but he just isn't accurate. Great arm for strength, not for the pin-point needed to be a good pocket passer.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

True. But running fast in a straight line and chucking the ball 40 yards deep doesn't make you an NFL QB. At some point he had/has to progress. Good lord a team just traded for Sanchez. That should tell you all you need to know about Kaepernick.
    @SmittysRant

Know what's funny...

Last week (i think) I saw the Darrius Heyward-Bey re-signing headline and scratched my head thinking "that's odd." In light of the more recent Martavis Bryant news, I get it.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    True. But running fast in a straight line and chucking the ball 40 yards deep doesn't make you an NFL QB. At some point he had/has to progress. Good lord a team just traded for Sanchez. That should tell you all you need to know about Kaepernick.
    Having 2 QBs who can both do that and tailoring your offence to maximize those strengths is likely to be a better offense than what they will devise for Sanchez. They don't need to progress and develop Kap/RG3. They're not trying to find the next Peyton, they're trying to win while their window is still opening. Doing the above is the best way to do that, given their current available options.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Eeek Tebow talk. Gives me the heebie jeebies. Sanchez is tolerable in 3 game windows - no more. As for Kaepernick, ya'll forget the 49ers dumbed down that offense for him last year to such an extent that ist was "throw the ball to X" and he was still not seeing his receiver. Whether that was confidence broken or what, I don't know. But I do know that athletic players who rely solely on their God given talent at the expense of putting in the time to hone their craft are usually doomed. Kaepernick, Manziel, RGII fall into that category imo.
    This is generally accurate for all backup NFL QBs. Th mor tape teams get on a QB, the more they get exposed. This is exactly what happened to Brock too, and it's the reason the Texans are fools for giving him that much money.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Having 2 QBs who can both do that and tailoring your offence to maximize those strengths is likely to be a better offense than what they will devise for Sanchez. They don't need to progress and develop Kap/RG3. They're not trying to find the next Peyton, they're trying to win while their window is still opening. Doing the above is the best way to do that, given their current available options.
    I'd be gunning for Fitzmagic if I were the Broncos.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Ravens supposed to be signing Mike Wallace this afternoon. I hope it's small money. I also hope he can replicate Torrey Smith's penchance for drawing PIT because that has been seriously missing from the Ravens' offense since he left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Ravens supposed to be signing Mike Wallace this afternoon. I hope it's small money. I also hope he can replicate Torrey Smith's penchance for drawing PIT because that has been seriously missing from the Ravens' offense since he left.
    Sounds like it's official.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...04485846011904

Ravens have agreed to terms with WR Mike Wallace, who was visiting them. Deep ball target for Flacco to replace Torrey smith

I'm not sure there is a receiver in the league better at drawing PI than Torrey Smith haha. He's a terrible fantasy own though.