Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Has Matt Forte signed anywhere yet??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Has Matt Forte signed anywhere yet??
    The god damn Jets

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    The god damn Jets
    Ohhhhh man, I totally missed that signing.. Thanks for the update!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Ohhhhh man, I totally missed that signing.. Thanks for the update!!
    Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.

I posted Forte to the Jets on page one of this thread.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

RG3 wasn’t destroyed because of his talent on reading defenses. His coaches wouldn’t take control of him, and when RG3 played, they always put him in compromising positions. Different coaches would have changed his career fully. RG3 had a great arm for a QB known as a runner. When you get hurt when trying to reach for a bad snapped football, you shouldn’t be in the game. When you as a runner can’t even run without a limp to the sideline, you shouldn’t be in the game.

Shanahan cost RG3 yrs off being a starter so they had a chance at winning a playoff game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/statu...04264532062208

Kaepernick update: All quiet. Broncos holding firm (offering 4th round pick). No Browns movement. Niners chilling. @nflnetwork @AroundTheNFL

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

They've already brought in Sanchez, so it won't happen, but the Broncos (or any team really) should have made the conscious decision to get Kap AND sign RG3. You can run the same offense with both of them. Sanchez and Kap cannot run the same offense. So if one gets hurt, you have to completely change your offense for the other one, or else fit one guy into a system that doesn't really work for them. Bring in Kap and RG3, install one offense, and run it with both of them.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    They've already brought in Sanchez, so it won't happen, but the Broncos (or any team really) should have made the conscious decision to get Kap AND sign RG3. You can run the same offense with both of them. Sanchez and Kap cannot run the same offense. So if one gets hurt, you have to completely change your offense for the other one, or else fit one guy into a system that doesn't really work for them. Bring in Kap and RG3, install one offense, and run it with both of them.
    I think there's some merit to this idea in theory but I think there's enough demand for Kap and RGIII that both might command decent money and both might demand a starting role wherever they sign. You are also looking at a situation where you probably need to give a guy all the reps in order to develop him. You split the work with those two and you probably just end up with two broken quarterbacks.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I think there's some merit to this idea in theory but I think there's enough demand for Kap and RGIII that both might command decent money and both might demand a starting role wherever they sign. You are also looking at a situation where you probably need to give a guy all the reps in order to develop him. You split the work with those two and you probably just end up with two broken quarterbacks.
    I don't really mean split first team reps. One is the starter, one is the backup. Just like it would be if it was say Kap and Sanchez. The difference is, when Kap gets hurt, or plays terrribly, you need to install a completely different offence for Sanchez to replace him. If you had the same type of QB in your starter and back positions, all you're changing is the QB. Your second team is still running the same offence, the same playbook. You have a more cohesive team. I could see the argument it might be too expensive, but I think you could get both for around 18-20 mil, which is what someone just decided to pay Osweiler anyways.

If that's too expensive, a cheaper but similar option is to pair Kap or RG3 with Manziel. It's riskier, since Manziel obviously has a lot of faults and problems, but would it surprise anyone to see Johnny go to a better, more structured organization and maybe turn his career around? Seems pretty easy to get consumed by dysfunction with the Browns.

Administrator

If that's too expensive, a cheaper but similar option is to pair Kap or RG3 with Manziel. It's riskier, since Manziel obviously has a lot of faults and problems, but would it surprise anyone to see Johnny go to a better, more structured organization and maybe turn his career around? Seems pretty easy to get consumed by dysfunction with the Browns.
    Manziel? Oh brother. The Browns stink but that was all him.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think Manzel needs to hold the clipboard behind someone like Aaron Rodgers or even Tom Brady for a couple seasons to see what it takes to be a quality NFL quarterback. I dont think it will help much long term because I dont think he is ever going to be a good QB in the NFL, but at least he could learn a thing or two about being a pro.

Manziel? Oh brother. The Browns stink but that was all him.
    Sure it was. But it not like the Browns helped the situation. I'm not a Manziel advocate. I don't think he's any good or will ever be an NFL starter. And I don't think a team should take a chance on him. But if a team wanted to run out the Kap/RG3 plan but couldn't sign both, Manziel is a third option where you wouldn't have to change the offense. I don't think it's a good decision or a good option, but it is another option to roll out that offensive strategy.

Administrator

Sure it was. But it not like the Browns helped the situation. I'm not a Manziel advocate. I don't think he's any good or will ever be an NFL starter. And I don't think a team should take a chance on him. But if a team wanted to run out the Kap/RG3 plan but couldn't sign both, Manziel is a third option where you wouldn't have to change the offense. I don't think it's a good decision or a good option, but it is another option to roll out that offensive strategy.
    I think Tebow would make a better option.

I think Tebow would make a better option.
    I won't argue, but of course that's an untenable situation in Denver.