Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Default 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

Thought I would get thread going on this as it's shaping up to be one of the more interesting free agency periods. If the Texans snag Osweiler, do the Broncos chase after Chase? Kubiak's offense doesn't demand a 30+ passing field general. Chase Daniel can hand off to Derick Henry 20+ times a game (dare to dream).

Does Fitzpatrick wind up passing to Josh Gordon? I'd like that.

Thoughts predictions??
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: 2016 NFL Free Agency Chatter

I think it'll be a big mistake if the Broncos let Osweiler walk...I have no idea if he's going to be a long-term effective QB but he's the guy who knows their system. Would be a good pickup for the Texans.

Lamar Miller as we know won't be back with the Dolphins, so where does he end up? Imagine he signs with the Cowboys? Ajayi should also be a healthy fantasy option for next year.

I've heard Pick-Magic also linked with the Rams in addition to the Browns...any departure from New York is going to hurt Marshall. Speaking of the Jets, how do they address losing Ivory, who is likely to walk?

Dobber Sports Titan

NT Ngata to the Steelers.
    Osweiler will get the $20mill with the Broncos
    Forte with the Packers (Julius Peppers is recruiting him apparently)
    Eric Weddle to the Panthers replacing Harper
    RG3 to Dallas
    Doug Martin….I really have no clue where he’ll go.
    Ladarius Green and Gates go to the Chargers again
    Coby Fleener to the Pats?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    RG3 to Dallas
    Interesting thought. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams target him. He's not great but he's better than anything they've got and they any type of offensive player they can get.

Dobber Sports Deity

RG III to the Montreal Alouettes!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Interesting thought. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams target him. He's not great but he's better than anything they've got and they any type of offensive player they can get.
    As a football fan it would be smart for the new Rams to get him. Brings in money, can exploit him via ads and banners because he’s a pretty recognizable player. He’s personable in front of the cameras and what not, so for the team, it would be a good idea for the Rams to get him.

As for a Skins fan…no way do I want them getting RG3. It would make the trade look even worse than it is now. I would also like to see the Skins vs Cowboys and have RG3 being like a lightning rod for hate and it would make a lot of Broadcasters and commentators happy.

I think Osweiler's smartest move would be to stay in Denver. But if his ego is still bruised after getting pulled for Manning's return he could wind up in Houston who will overpay for his services. If that does happen, Fitzmagic to Denver could be a possibility. Boy the RB market is really intriguing. Do the Bucs roll w/Simms as their #1 if Martin bolts?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I think Osweiler's smartest move would be to stay in Denver. But if his ego is still bruised after getting pulled for Manning's return he could wind up in Houston who will overpay for his services. If that does happen, Fitzmagic to Denver could be a possibility. Boy the RB market is really intriguing. Do the Bucs roll w/Simms as their #1 if Martin bolts?
    I agree re: Osweiler. I think if he's smart, he stays in Denver. He's already stepped out from Peytons shadow so that shouldn't be a hurdle for him. That's a team that can win again and should compete for the SB again next season.

As far as the Bucs go, I think Martin's as good as gone. I dont think they have a choice but to roll with Simms, unless they can find a suitable replacement for Martin, but I dont think they spend their money there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Chris Ivory has agreed to a multi-year deal with Jacksonville...what a killer for Yeldon owners in keeper leagues

Dobber Sports Titan

Chris Ivory has agreed to a multi-year deal with Jacksonville...what a killer for Yeldon owners in keeper leagues
    Not even a month after the HC said Yeldon would be a 3 down back. Damn this upsets me. Can’t keep Yeldon now. Jaguars are going for it this yr tho. Hopefully Bortles takes a step forward this yr, and it’ll help having a full yr of Hurns and Robinson.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Not even a month after the HC said Yeldon would be a 3 down back. Damn this upsets me. Can’t keep Yeldon now. Jaguars are going for it this yr tho. Hopefully Bortles takes a step forward this yr, and it’ll help having a full yr of Hurns and Robinson.
    Pisses me off too...I had crap keepers in my league I had Yeldon, he was my only sure fire guy

Dobber Sports Deity

In my limited keepers, I certainly considered Yeldon as one of my options. I guess this changes that notion.

Dobber Sports Titan

guess handcuffing the two isn't a bad option, but this is a true RBBC and makes both of them bench worthy in all most leagues. RBBC is the worse thing to happen in fantasy football

Dobber Sports Expert

I had Ivory and Yeldon last year...Yeldon has some value but now the 2 are essentially cancelling one another out

I had Ivory and Yeldon last year...Yeldon has some value but now the 2 are essentially cancelling one another out
    That signing was a head scratcher to me. I had Yeldon over Melvin Gordon going into rookie drafts last year, and he did nothing to change my mind of that. The only thing I can think of Ivory is a better pass blocking back at this point, maybe they don't want to overload Yeldon w/too much too soon. Dunno. I'd hold in dynasty leagues on Yeldon at this point.

EDIT: Denver is still w/out a QB. Kaepernick? RGIII?
    @SmittysRant