Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone Else Glad They Kept Patrick Kane?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Anyone Else Glad They Kept Patrick Kane?

In a salary cap league, Patrick Kane has not been a very good player. He currently ranks 366th in the NHL in points per dollar.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Kane contract at 13.8M in my league is a head scratcher....Now, lots of FA are signing big raises i.e Kopitar with his 14M frontleaded contract....I've been in the same situation trying to trade Toews without success....not much love for those type of contact in my league....GM's are looking for cheaper options but I personnally find it ridiculous to let some big names on FA list just for their big contract....seriously considering to make a cap hit proposal for my league....problem is: the league was built with actual salary....is there a way to take cap hit and get every GM happy? I think everyone would get an advantage of it but.....
    My league uses a franchise player. The player you name doesn't count against the cap and they remain your franchise player for 3 years. Blatant cap circumvention but it came about in response to these mega-deals we've seen the last few years. I hate seeing star players sitting on waivers due to their contract.

I'm a very happy (free) Kane owner this season, gonna win my league for the first time.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In my leagues inaugural draft last off season, Kane went 40th overall. Nobody (myself included) wanted to touch him. His playing status was really up in the air at that point and nobody wanted to take up $10m on an inactive player

Worked out for the team who took the chance on him. He's sitting 3rd overall and in the money

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    In a salary cap league, Patrick Kane has not been a very good player. He currently ranks 366th in the NHL in points per dollar.
    True, but you still need your top players - if they perform. I don't want to be in a league where you can't use the leading scorer due solely to his cap hit. You still need your value picks to win your leagues, but you can't do it solely with bargains, at least not in leagues where the other owners have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    My league uses a franchise player.
    I never thought of using a franchise player and having his cap hit not count. I like this idea. I may have to propose this in a couple of my cap leagues and see what the guys think. Thanks for sharing, Mr. DeNiro.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    My league uses a franchise player. The player you name doesn't count against the cap and they remain your franchise player for 3 years. Blatant cap circumvention but it came about in response to these mega-deals we've seen the last few years. I hate seeing star players sitting on waivers due to their contract.

I'm a very happy (free) Kane owner this season, gonna win my league for the first time.
    I like the idea of a franchise player....thanks for sharing!
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    In my leagues inaugural draft last off season, Kane went 40th overall. Nobody (myself included) wanted to touch him. His playing status was really up in the air at that point and nobody wanted to take up $10m on an inactive player

Worked out for the team who took the chance on him. He's sitting 3rd overall and in the money
    Wow 40th overall!? That is a big drop in the draft.

I snagged him at #19 (pre-offseason issue) in inaugural draft so I was very elated to land him there

- - - Updated - - -

Then snagged his linemate Panarin at #270 overall
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg