Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Man survives wingsuit crash (video)

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Man survives wingsuit crash (video)

This is unreal. Couldn't imagine flying in a wingsuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNpbWzRxR4

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Man survives wingsuit crash (video)

If you like the whole wingsuit/base jumping thing check out 20 Seconds of Joy sometime. Goes right into the drive/frame of mind of the folks who are committed to it and their willingness to accept death.

Dobber Sports Monster

I see a lot of people criticize people who do stuff like this or people who do mountaineering that it is dangerous. I disagree with those critics...who am I to judge someone who trains their body and pushes themselves to the limit and reaching their goals while I am slowly killing myself by drinking energy drinks and eating fast food almost on the daily. Pretty hypocritical really.

Man I need to get my crap together.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I see a lot of people criticize people who do stuff like this or people who do mountaineering that it is dangerous. I disagree with those critics...who am I to judge someone who trains their body and pushes themselves to the limit and reaching their goals while I am slowly killing myself by drinking energy drinks and eating fast food almost on the daily. Pretty hypocritical really.
    Fair enough, although I still feel somewhat bad that I laugh when I read about one of these guys thundering in...natural selection and all. At least they died doing what they loved (yes I'm smiling as I say this). I know this makes me a bad person and I should just keep quiet about this, but man, I for one, do NOT think it's a tragedy when you do something so incredibly risky and pay the ultimate price. I know we can't walk around in a bubble 24/7, but hey, to each his/her own I guess. What's the worst that could happen? lol

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    This is unreal. Couldn't imagine flying in a wingsuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNpbWzRxR4
    What kind of stuntman are you? Yes though, it doesn't get crazier.

Dobber Sports Deity

Thats some crazy stuff right there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Fair enough, although I still feel somewhat bad that I laugh when I read about one of these guys thundering in...natural selection and all. At least they died doing what they loved (yes I'm smiling as I say this). I know this makes me a bad person and I should just keep quiet about this, but man, I for one, do NOT think it's a tragedy when you do something so incredibly risky and pay the ultimate price. I know we can't walk around in a bubble 24/7, but hey, to each his/her own I guess. What's the worst that could happen? lol
    I don't necessarily disagree, but if that's the way you view things then it's only fair to take the stance that most deaths aren't tragedies. Everybody takes all kinds of risks every day, and there is no black and white.

Dobber Sports Giant

That's crazy, I'd love to not try that.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    What kind of stuntman are you? Yes though, it doesn't get crazier.
    Haha you couldn't pay me enough to do wing suit flying or jumping out of a plane period. Although when I watch wing suit flying I start thinking what it would be like? Then I remember I get scared hopping on elevators :O

Dobber Sports Monster

I understand your opinion. It's like anything you do...you weigh the dangers involved and accept them. All these people who die doing extreme sports know the risks involved.

What I do know is if I had kids then all dangerous stuff is thrown out the window. They are my #1 priority and making sure I am healthy and in their lives is most important.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree, but if that's the way you view things then it's only fair to take the stance that most deaths aren't tragedies. Everybody takes all kinds of risks every day, and there is no black and white.
    A little late on my reply, but I disagree completely with what you are implying here. Yes, life is inherently dangerous, but most people don't go base jumping or fly wing-suits or swallow 50 condoms stuffed with cocaine or tell Mike Tyson to his face that his voice sounds "funny" or have unprotected sex with lady-boys on your Thai vacation. Hey, I'm not one to judge, but there's a big difference between those risky situations YOU put YOURSELF in versus random circumstances like getting hit by a drunk driver or going for a swim or taking a flight. The latter ones are tragedies because of the sheer randomness of it, but knowingly doing something so completely dangerous that it increases your odds of dying exponentially is, at least in my small mind, much less tragic.

Dobber Sports Star

A little late on my reply, but I disagree completely with what you are implying here. Yes, life is inherently dangerous, but most people don't go base jumping or fly wing-suits or swallow 50 condoms stuffed with cocaine or tell Mike Tyson to his face that his voice sounds "funny" or have unprotected sex with lady-boys on your Thai vacation.
    Yes, but most people DO drive around at 100km+ speeds in chunks of unreliable steel. And we consider that normal...

Just because it's normal and we pretend it isn't insanely dangerous, doesn't make that the truth.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Yes, but most people DO drive around at 100km+ speeds in chunks of unreliable steel. And we consider that normal...

Just because it's normal and we pretend it isn't insanely dangerous, doesn't make that the truth.
    Are we comparing driving heavily crash tested cars with airbags, seatbelts, and some even having active safety features... to base jumping in a wingsuit?

Just making sure... because if driving a car is "insanely dangerous", then I'm not sure what possible adjective we could use to describe extreme sports. I will propose "Extra super duper tarded diculously dangerous"

Dobber Sports Master

If only there were some objective way to evaluate the life-snuffingness of various activities...

Wait, there's Micromorts!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    If only there were some objective way to evaluate the life-snuffingness of various activities...

Wait, there's Micromorts!
    Ohhhhhh my. That is awesome. Thanks for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Equally interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microlife