Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Justin Schultz and Teddy Purcell on the move today?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Justin Schultz and Teddy Purcell on the move today?

TSN insiders on radio have stated it looks like both may be traded today.

Where would be a good home for Schultz?

I think Schultz gets traded to the New York Rangers.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Justin Schultz and Teddy Purcell on the move today?

Schultz to Boston, maybe working out some stuff with the pick they are owed for compensation.
    Purcell to Florida.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Given Gaborik's injury, I can see Purcell to LA for something like Derek Forbort and a low pick.
    14-team Keeper w/custom salary cap
    Keep btw 12-14, excl. Minors
    Skater cats (weight): G (1.75), A (1.75), +/- (0.75), Hits (0.75), BS (0.75)
    Goalie cats: W (0.25), GAA (1.00), SV% (1.00)

C : Colton Jenner Frost Novak ---Rossi Cooley MSavoie Fantilli Carlsson Yager
    LW: Caufield Fiala Hagel Nichushkin ---Musty
    RW: Tippett Necas Brink Kakko ---Yurov Lysell Stankoven ECowan Lekkerimaki
    D : Theodore Seider Chabot Gostisbehere Liljegren Carlo ---Edvinsson
    G : Montembault Hart ---Commesso Augustine
    Bench/IR: Zellweger Fehervary

2024 entry draft picks: 3 1sts
    2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 1 3rd
    Fantrax IHL Champion: 2018/19, 2015/16, 2011/12

Dobber Sports Monster

Lets predict!

To NYR: Justin Schultz

to EDM: Conditional 2016 Draft pick (depending if they get to the SC Finals)

Dobber Sports Expert

Schultz to Alaska seems to be likely. He can go deer hunting there, maybe he's good in that?!

Who would seriously want him for almost $4 million ?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Schultz to Alaska seems to be likely. He can go deer hunting there, maybe he's good in that?!

Rangers could use depth defensemen...with a little bit of creativity a deal can be easily done. When Schultz gets moved to the big apple everyone will say you were right stuntman I should have listened to you more often.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post

I believe this is the last year of Schultz's deal, and for just a quarter of the season, he's really only $1 Million for a team that wants a stretch run through the playoffs. Have to imagine a team that actually likes his fit isn't scared off by that price tag, especially if they send salary back in exchange.

This is what I tell myself as a Schultz owner, looking to the sky and hoping that he provides some value elsewhere.
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd be surprised if any competing team trades for Justin Schultz tbh. Why would you want to take in a guy who has developed bad habits for years when those bad habits might come at a costly moment in the playoffs?

I feel like if any team acquires him it'll be more along the lines of a team looking for a reclamation project and will likely want some sort of assurance that he would be open to re-signing. A team who is out of it this year but has reason for optimism going forward.

My two cents at least.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'd be surprised if any competing team trades for Justin Schultz tbh. Why would you want to take in a guy who has developed bad habits for years when those bad habits might come at a costly moment in the playoffs?

I feel like if any team acquires him it'll be more along the lines of a team looking for a reclamation project and will likely want some sort of assurance that he would be open to re-signing. A team who is out of it this year but has reason for optimism going forward.

My two cents at least.
    Can never have enough defense depth in the playoffs. I can see Schultz being a 5th/6th or even 7th d on a team. Bad habits can be ironed out.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Can never have enough defense depth in the playoffs. I can see Schultz being a 5th/6th or even 7th d on a team. Bad habits can be ironed out.
    - 100% agree on the first point
    - Kind of iffy on the second point - he's been REALLY bad. Not even good on the PP which is supposed to be where he excelled. How much of that is team related and how much is player related could be debated I suppose but whenever I watch this guy play he always seems to make some sort of bonehead move or screw something up.
    - 100% disagree on the third point. Like 150% disagree on the third point. When a person is used to doing things for a long period of time it takes more than maybe 1/3 of a season to iron them out, and like I said do you really want to risk having these bad habits come back to bite you at a crucial moment in game 7 of the playoffs? If we were talking about a solid defenseman on a horrendous team then I would agree that certain small bad habits could be ironed out but we're talking about a bad defenseman on a (maybe a bit harsh) horrendous team. It'll take more than ironing to straighten Schultz out IMO.

The Great One

Schultz will go to a playoff-bound team, get a shot to show his stuff, then end up being scratched while he sits as an insurance policy. Basically, a carbon copy of what happened with Wisniewski in Anaheim at last year's trade deadline.

I could see Purcell going to Boston if they manage/decide to trade Eriksson.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Schultz to the Leafs and re-unite with Gardiner.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I could see a team grab him as a 7th dman and can insert him into the lineup if they want a little more offense from the backend.
    One of the reasons he's not been effective on the PP is because the Oilers don't have much of a triggerman with a one-timer. Put him opposite of someone who can do that and I think he'd be better. Problem is, lots of teams run 4 forward on the PP and rely on the dman to be that triggerman.

I think he garners a 4th by himself or maybe the oil add a 6th to get a 3rd?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Deity

It's now tomorrow. I guess they aren't on the move today (yesterday).

Maybe today!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Schultz in TO as a project.

Purcell has to go to a western team. They must react to all the moves the Blackhawks made. I'd say LA or ANA...