Thread: [Rumor} Habs listening to offers for Patches

Dobber Sports Expert

Default [Rumor} Habs listening to offers for Patches

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/sta...00819688407040

Not explicitly shopping him, but listening. Honestly, no surprise as every GM probably listens to offers on about any player. But when it says every not naming Price and Subban he is listening too, makes it curious.

I can't see the Habs moving him. Captain. Three-time 30 goal scorer and would hit 40 with an effective centre. The best offensive weapon on the Habs. Probably the best contract in the NHL for a player of his caliber. I can't imagine anybody in the fan base being happy about this if he were ever potentially moved.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: [Rumor} Habs listening to offers for Patches

I hope we don't move him if we're not getting overpaid here. I think he is a good leader. I don't want Patches moved and the likes of PK Subban becoming captain. Much rather see Subban getting moved - higher return + I can't stand his show-offness. Be more humble like Patches. Pacioretty is what a true Montreal Canadien exemplifies ..... the way he carries himself and the way he plays the game. Keep him!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I hope we don't move him if we're not getting overpaid here. I think he is a good leader. I don't want Patches moved and the likes of PK Subban becoming captain. Much rather see Subban getting moved - higher return + I can't stand his show-offness. Be more humble like Patches. Pacioretty is what a true Montreal Canadien exemplifies ..... the way he carries himself and the way he plays the game. Keep him!
    100% agree...but I think Patches would bring a bigger return than Subban because his annual cap hit is $4.5 million through 2019. I'm sure it more Bergevin saying what's your best offer? [cue hysterical laugh]. [Hangs up phone].

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    100% agree...but I think Patches would bring a bigger return than Subban because his annual cap hit is $4.5 million through 2019. I'm sure it more Bergevin saying what's your best offer? [cue hysterical laugh]. [Hangs up phone].
    Haha could be. I hope he makes some big moves in acquiring the likes of Nail Yakupov. Really think he could thrive in Montreal.