Thread: [Rumor] Flames list of available players

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default [Rumor] Flames list of available players

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Steady trade talk league wide. Cgy Flames with a list of players in play. Russell, Hudler, Colborne, Jooris, Hiller and Jones.
    I think Hudler and Russell are 100% gone.

Hiller may be swapped if a goalie is coming back the other way...Toronto?

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: [Rumor] Flames list of available players

Russell...there's the guy Dallas should be going after.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Dreger shortlisted that haha.

I think there's about 7 players Calgary won't trade. Gaudreau, Bennett, Monahan, Frolik, Gio, Brodie, Hamilton.

Now realistically, Nobody is trading for Bollig, Bouma, Ferland, Nakladal, Wotherspoon, probably Stajan as well.

That leaves Backlund (not sure they want to trade him, but would in the right deal), Colborne, Hudler, Jones, Jooris on forward, Russell, Wideman, Smid, Engelland, Hiller, maybe Ortio but who's trading for him either.

Smid just got injured, his career might actually be over (rumoured to be another neck injury)

For me, an underrated addition other teams should look for is Engelland. When Gio went down last season, he stepped up, played 20+ minutes a night, and played really well. He's not flashy, he's not going to put up points, but he was just quiet and solid and steady.

But I think you've got a list of about 10-12 players the Flames have in play right now.

Dobber Sports Ace

I can see Hiller (upcoming UFA) being a great fit in Toronto if the Leafs really want to tank. Swap Reimer (upcoming UFA) for Hiller and maybe a late pick and the Flames have a decent 1A/B goalie if they sign him. Then the Leafs can sign Hiller for one more year if they want another year to tank.

Otherwise I don't know who would want Hiller.

The Great One

If a team trades for Colborne, they have my sympathies, since I'm guessing Calgary would only part with him for a package that would likely be more than they'd be rightfully entitled to receive.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

I could see Hiller moving to either Pitt, St Louis, or SJ as insurance incase the #1 goes down since neither Pitt/SJ have quality backup and Eliiot is out on LTIR currently.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GoNucks View Post
    I could see Hiller moving to either Pitt, St Louis, or SJ as insurance incase the #1 goes down since neither Pitt/SJ have quality backup and Eliiot is out on LTIR currently.
    Pitt has Matt Murray, who I'd trust way more than Hiller

Dobber Sports Ninja

I doubt anyone is going to want to take on Dennis Wideman - last thing you want is a target on your back going into the playoffs with the refs.

It's too bad for Calgary because he probably could have fetched a sizeable return.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Ferland and Bouma are solid players but CGY probably value them higher than what they'd get for them.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year