Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rumor]Is Dallas dangling Val Nichushkin?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: [Rumor]Is Dallas dangling Val Nichushkin?

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    What about a Nathan Beaulieu for Nich as a base for a trade.
    I think that's pretty fair. Helps out Dallas for the play-off run. Can never have enough quality defensemen. Montreal obviously needs the offense...we don't need defense we have Carey Price heh heh..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    What about a Nathan Beaulieu for Nich as a base for a trade.
    If they could realistically reel in Drouin from TB for Nichushkin, they'd be crazy not to.

Otherwise, I'd consider a good goalie prospect. I'm not sure who believes in Campbell anymore.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Otherwise, I'd consider a good goalie prospect. I'm not sure who believes in Campbell anymore.
    That's a good point to bring up as rarely do people factor in goaltending prospects. Campbell is putting up phenomenal numbers....in the ECHL. He has been passed on the depth chart and I won't be surprised if Dallas lets him walk at the end of the season. They have Desrosiers and Legace who are both young and putting up good numbers in the A. This is a bit of a bad situation for the Stars as Campbell is flopping out and Rynnas was let go last year.

If they did want to move Nichushkin for help in net, there are about 4 teams I could see who have goalies and would be willing to do so. 1) MTL with Fucale; 2) STL with Binnington, Opilka, Husso, Copley & Lundstrom; 3) BOS with Subban & McIntyre; 4) WPG with Comrie; 5) WAS with Samsonov, Grubauer, Vanecek

This is a move I think that if it was explored, is move made in June, not now. Dallas wants to get better for the post season so trading a rostered NHL player for a prospect is not something I feel they're looking to do at the deadline. Pure speculation based on teams who want offense/depth and have a goalie prospect that is 'expendable' in the short term.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Another deal for the Canucks to make. Again, Vrbata + Hamhuis + Markstrom for Nich. Good for Dallas now, and maybe good for nucks later.

I don't think they want to part with McCann just yet.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Another deal for the Canucks to make. Again, Vrbata + Hamhuis + Markstrom for Nich. Good for Dallas now, and maybe good for nucks later.

I don't think they want to part with McCann just yet.
    so rental + rental + goalie they don't really have any use for? not to mention taking on all that cap?

vrbata needs to have 50% retained in order to get a good pick, i'd think a 2nd at best even that's a stretch.

hamhuis should get a 2nd, more if nucks retain on him.

don't see any reason why they should trade markstrom when their future goaltending is so bleak, but then again this is the nucks and thats what they do with goalies.

nichushkin won't be traded for rentals, nill isn't stupid.

Dobber Sports Expert

Vrbata + Hamhuis + Markstrom for Nich. Good for Dallas now, and maybe good for nucks later.
    Far too much for VAN to give up. I think Markstrom is untradeable at the moment because Demko is not close to being a starter and Miller isn't as effective as he once was...still a good goalie though. I could something around Hamhuis and Nich, but not sure what else is involved or maybe Dallas does that deal straight up? You're right though, McCann is not a piece they can afford to move.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hamhuis and Hansen and second round pick. That would give Dallas help on the PK. Gives Vancouver Cap space to bring someone else back or eat salary on Vrbata, Prust, Higgens

Markstrom isn't going anywhere IMO.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yeah, I can't see them trading Markstrom, at least without an NHL-ready goalie coming back. They have to see that Miller is toast or nearly so.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

The suggestion was based on the (previous) organization's penchant for trading their back-up goalies. As IK said, they could use a prospect goalie and Markstrom is still that, finally playing somewhat reliably.

Miller's numbers may not be good, but he is playing fine, with rest. He makes way more big saves than he lets in soft goals.

Maybe send back Lehtonen or Niemi?

And yes, rentals. Those are the kind of deals made at this time of the year, and Dallas could go deep if they are well stocked. Also, if they are "dangling" Nich then maybe they have lost faith in his potential. He hasn't exactly wowed this year.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The suggestion was based on the (previous) organization's penchant for trading their back-up goalies. As IK said, they could use a prospect goalie and Markstrom is still that, finally playing somewhat reliably.

Miller's numbers may not be good, but he is playing fine, with rest. He makes way more big saves than he lets in soft goals.

Maybe send back Lehtonen or Niemi?

And yes, rentals. Those are the kind of deals made at this time of the year, and Dallas could go deep if they are well stocked. Also, if they are "dangling" Nich then maybe they have lost faith in his potential. He hasn't exactly wowed this year.
    I don't think it's that Nich has been terrible, it's more that Janmark and Faksa have made him more or less expendable, and Nich could go a long way to fixing other areas of weakness.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Connor Murphy and Bodker for Nich and a 3rd?

E Staal and Pesce/Slavin for Nich and a 3rd?

I like the Bealieu one too.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Stud

Well the Stars are looking at Goligoski as well as Demers leaving in the offseason, while both goalies are locked up through 18-19

so based on the depth charts it would appear that Big D needs to address the blueline, ideally a player with a few seasons on him.

The Devils could possibly be a nice fit in exchange for Larsson who is locked up for about 5 years, then again that would blow a huge hole in their blueline, but Los Diablos need young forwards badly.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Well the Stars are looking at Goligoski as well as Demers leaving in the offseason
    How about Gardiner for Nichushkin? Might as well include the Leafs in the rumour
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Well the Stars are looking at Goligoski as well as Demers leaving in the offseason, while both goalies are locked up through 18-19

so based on the depth charts it would appear that Big D needs to address the blueline, ideally a player with a few seasons on him.

The Devils could possibly be a nice fit in exchange for Larsson who is locked up for about 5 years, then again that would blow a huge hole in their blueline, but Los Diablos need young forwards badly.
    You can color Goligoski gone but I expect every effort will be made to keep Demers. But I'd take Larsson for Nich if it were left up to me.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Genius

As a Nich owner, I would be thrilled he gets moved in order to get a real chance to perform....I just hate how Ruff switch lines consistently.....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).