Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Are the Habs really "listening" on Subban?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Are the Habs really "listening" on Subban?

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    1 year rebuild. Mtl trades Subban for RNH, 1st 2016. Edmonton gets the first overall pick, MTL goes with Matthews. MTL trades Chucky to STL for Shattenkirk then somehow puts together a package for Hamonic. Stanley Cup 2017
    I don't think they need (or even want) Shattenkirk if they were to land Subban. That just adds someone else that they'll have to pay.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I don't think they need (or even want) Shattenkirk if they were to land Subban. That just adds someone else that they'll have to pay.
    He was suggesting Subban to EDM, RNH+1st to Mtrl, Shattenkirk to Mtrl, Galchenyuck to STL, Hamonic to Mtrl for some package.

MTRL – Shattenkirk, Hamonic, RNH, Matthews (1st pick)
    EDM – Subban
    STL – Galchenyuck.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Montreal would love to have Shatts on the back end. Relatively cheap contract and it would fill Subbans void. Plus Shatts isn't as high risk defender as Subban

Dobber Sports Superstar

I wouldn't be too surprised. From what I gather Subban likes being the center of attention at all times. I use to be a big fan of Subban but his attitude and stupid plays have gotten on my nerves too much.
    Careful here. I remember when Derian Hatcher's dumb plays would drive me straight up a wall. Seriously.

But when he was gone he proved extremely difficult to replace. Sometimes it's wise to overlook deficiencies for what a player does bring to the ice.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Superstar

Montreal would love to have Shatts on the back end. Relatively cheap contract and it would fill Subbans void. Plus Shatts isn't as high risk defender as Subban
    Sorry, my bad. The way I read it I thought you were advocating that the Oilers should then pursue Shattenkirk. But I don't think he fills Subban's void though.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Monster

Sorry, my bad. The way I read it I thought you were advocating that the Oilers should then pursue Shattenkirk. But I don't think he fills Subban's void though.
    Subban def the better player. All in all the deal would increase their offense which desperately needs it while still keeping a very good defender in Shatts. I wish for big deals to go down but they rarely do

Dobber Sports Pro

Cheap for 1 extra year then he is a ufa.

But I also wouldn't put Shatty in the same caliber as Subban at all
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I'm sorry but I do not believe that for a second. No way you get fair value back, and I would bet ownership would nix that idea in a second

I think it is just Sportsnet and Dreger having a slow news day to be honest haha
    Yeah and add to that that the source is Louis Jean from TVA Sport. I live in Montréal and follow the Habs and it's the 1rst time I ever heard about the guy.
    Not the most reliable source.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by BillyD. View Post
    Yeah and add to that that the source is Louis Jean from TVA Sport. I live in Montréal and follow the Habs and it's the 1rst time I ever heard about the guy.
    Not the most reliable source.
    You follow the Habs and this is the first time you have heard of Louis Jean?

I dont follow the Habs too closely and even I am familiar with Louis Jean.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Here's an article that perfectly sums up what trading Subban would do...
    http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...ing-kidding-me

And yes Billy that's what I was trying to point out earlier. When Lebrun pokes his head around and can't find anything to the notion, I question the vailidity of the source and the source's source who made those comments. For all anybody knows, it could have been a conversation between 2 GMs, neither one being MB asking each other "Hey Jack, Subban and Therrein have a rift, think maybe Subban might be available?" "I don't know Jim, he might be". Boom, his name came up

Dobber Sports Guru

1 year rebuild. Mtl trades Subban for RNH, 1st 2016. Edmonton gets the first overall pick, MTL goes with Matthews. MTL trades Chucky to STL for Shattenkirk then somehow puts together a package for Hamonic. Stanley Cup 2017
    Bergevin would never make those deals as none of those players play on the fourth line or are third to sixth dmen. That's all Bergevin knows.

MB is risk-averse. You look at other GMs in the league, and even if the trades are bad, they're still willing to do something to make their team better in their eyes. Ottawa traded for Ryan and Phaneuf. Boston traded away Lucic and Hamilton. Martin Jones. Seth Jones. Ryan Johansen. Phil Kessel. Ryan O'Reilly. Evander Kane. Patrick Sharp. Oshie. Bieksa. Saad. Talbot. Niemi. Lack. Lehner. Yandle. Leddy. Boychuk. Spezza. Kesler. Halak.

Teams saw a need, and made a move to try to fill it, whether or not it was misguided. MB doesn't do that.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Bergevin would never make those deals as none of those players play on the fourth line or are third to sixth dmen. That's all Bergevin knows.

MB is risk-averse. You look at other GMs in the league, and even if the trades are bad, they're still willing to do something to make their team better in their eyes. Ottawa traded for Ryan and Phaneuf. Boston traded away Lucic and Hamilton. Martin Jones. Seth Jones. Ryan Johansen. Phil Kessel. Ryan O'Reilly. Evander Kane. Patrick Sharp. Oshie. Bieksa. Saad. Talbot. Niemi. Lack. Lehner. Yandle. Leddy. Boychuk. Spezza. Kesler. Halak.

Teams saw a need, and made a move to try to fill it, whether or not it was misguided. MB doesn't do that.
    He sees the Quincy (1st round pick which turned out to be Vasi from Tampa), Bishop/Conacher, Seguin/Hamilton (leaving Toronto), Rask/Raycroft, McDonagh/Gomez (or was it Gionta), Luongo/Schneider, side of trades. He’ll never do a big trade unless his heads on the block and the axe is close because he doesn’t want to be on the Raycroft side of a Rask trade.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post

Subban + ? for Schultz, Eberle + ?
    Subban + ?!?!?! There's no + there.

Schultz ?! If Therrien can't handle Subban being a high-risk high-reward player imagine him coach Schultz who's a high-risk no-reward player.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Guru

Good point I heard on the radio this morning. The last time Montreal traded away a start player instead of getting rid of the coach was Patrick Roy. And we all know how that turned out.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Good point I heard on the radio this morning. The last time Montreal traded away a start player instead of getting rid of the coach was Patrick Roy. And we all know how that turned out.
    Please, lets not dig up that horror story