Thread: Holtby or schneider

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Post Holtby or schneider

Who is the better option to win me a championship in playoffs- Holtby or Schneider?

looking to trade for one of them. Which tender should I move- Jones or Quick?
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer
    UTIL: J. Gallo
    P: T. Bauer
    P: Z. Wheeler
    RP: T. Glasnow
    RP: K. Maeda
    P: G. Marquez
    P: L. Castillo
    P: S. Bieber
    P: C. McHugh

Bench: J. Profar, T. White, M. Smith, C. Martinez (SP), G. Holland

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Holtby or schneider

Looking at it solely from a playoff scenario, I would be inclined to go with Schneider. Here are some schedule observations for March 21st through April 10th:

Holtby Stat Schneider
    11 Games 9
    3 Back-to-Back Games 1
    6 Road Games 6
    6 Against Playoff Teams 6

With three back-to-back game situations for Holtby, that reduces the number of game available from 11 to 8 (same as Schneider when taking out his one back-to-back game). Trotz has also communicated resting Holtby some the rest of the season. There is no need to rest Schneider, so Schneider will end up playing in more games (boosting your chances in the "Win" category). With the Caps in good position, there is also the chance that they rest other players and coast some (no need to push themselves). NJ holds a top wildcard spot and will be fighting for every win possible. Based on that, Schneider will be in a better environment to succeed.

Looking at the opponents, I would say 22% of the teams NJ faces the final three weeks are easier teams as opposed to the just 9% that Washington faces (based on personal evaluation, so others may have other opinion on this).

Schneider would be the one I would choose to hang on to (and this comes from a Holtby owner). It would probably take a Quick to land Schneider. Doing the same comparison for Quick/Jones, they really match up about the same.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Holtby or schneider

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Mo View Post
    Looking at it solely from a playoff scenario, I would be inclined to go with Schneider. Here are some schedule observations for March 21st through April 10th:

Holtby Stat Schneider
    11 Games 9
    3 Back-to-Back Games 1
    6 Road Games 6
    6 Against Playoff Teams 6

With three back-to-back game situations for Holtby, that reduces the number of game available from 11 to 8 (same as Schneider when taking out his one back-to-back game). Trotz has also communicated resting Holtby some the rest of the season. There is no need to rest Schneider, so Schneider will end up playing in more games (boosting your chances in the "Win" category). With the Caps in good position, there is also the chance that they rest other players and coast some (no need to push themselves). NJ holds a top wildcard spot and will be fighting for every win possible. Based on that, Schneider will be in a better environment to succeed.

Looking at the opponents, I would say 22% of the teams NJ faces the final three weeks are easier teams as opposed to the just 9% that Washington faces (based on personal evaluation, so others may have other opinion on this).

Schneider would be the one I would choose to hang on to (and this comes from a Holtby owner). It would probably take a Quick to land Schneider. Doing the same comparison for Quick/Jones, they really match up about the same.
    Now those are some sweet statistics right there. Thanks for the help! Im convinced Schneider is a better option than Holtby. Might try and move Quick + Shattenkirk for Schneider. Hamilton/Campbell are decent replacements for my already stacked defensive lineup.
    10 Team H2H Baseball- Cats

R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG, XBH
    W, ERA, SV, K WHIP, QS

C: D. Jansen
    1B: P. Goldschmidt
    2B: J. Villar
    3B: E. Suarez
    SS: J. Peraza
    OF: M. Trout
    OF: G. Stanton
    OF: A. Benintendi
    UTIL: G. Springer