Thread: Trading Price for Holtby

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trading Price for Holtby

I'm 1st place in a 14 team, keep 4, H2H league: G,A,PPP,PIM,SOG,Hits,GWG,W,SV%,GAA,SHO
    3C,3L,3R,4D,2G,4Bench

The last place team who has tanked this year wants to trade his Holtby for my Price + 1st rounder next year. The problem is with my current goaltending I don't know if I'll be able to hold on for the win if Allen comes back and Gibson loses the net to Andersen. I'm trying to talk him down to Price + 3rd rounder for Holtby, would you do one of these trades?

Current team:
    Okposo
    Plekanec
    Panarin
    Brassard
    E.Staal
    E.Lindholm
    Backstrom
    Filppula
    Burakovsky
    Schwartz
    Pouliot
    O'Reilly
    Backes
    B.Ryan
    Cammalleri
    OEL
    Subban
    Ekholm

G:
    Elliot
    Condon
    Domingue
    Gibson
    Price

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Trading Price for Holtby

I'm not trading for Holtby in H2H.
    The CAPS will have 1st place so locked down that they'll rest Holtby and play Grubauer.
    If your H2H final is in last week of NHL season, you might get 2 starts from Holtby (& Grubauer will get the other two, including the Sunday game, more critical in H2H).

I'd say consider getting Grubauer as a cheaper option.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yikes you do need the goalie and he is taking full advantage of your situation. If it were me I would table this offer and look to the 2nd last place team and try to find something a little less pricey. If not doable and you can get him down to a 3rd you almost have to, its a definite win for him, but you have clear shot to win league now so cant pass it by
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    G A +/- SOG PPP FOW HITS BLKS PIM
    W GA GAA SV SA SV% SHO
    10 Keepers
    F- Kopitar Kesler Thornton Benn Draisital Pacioretty Kuznetsov Backes D.Sedin Ryan Burakovsky
    D- Subban Faulk Byfuglien DeHann Martinez Trouba
    G- Halak Dubnyk Talbot
    BN- Bjugstad Dubinsky Ryan Gudas Tanev Hanzal Marleau

12 Team H2H
    B- H/AB R H HR RBI SB K TB AVG OBP
    P - IP W HLD SV K ERA WHIP K/9

B: Hosmer Donaldson Correa Trout Harper Heyward Sano Weiters Duffy Pillar Incarte Hernandez Realmuto Peraza Alvarez Span
    P: Cole Sale Fernandez Cueto Hamels Robertson Giles Wilson Colome Watson Samardzija Bauer Knebel
    F: Turner Travis Margot Stephenson Gouirrel Jr

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm not trading for Holtby in H2H.
    The CAPS will have 1st place so locked down that they'll rest Holtby and play Grubauer.
    If your H2H final is in last week of NHL season, you might get 2 starts from Holtby (& Grubauer will get the other two, including the Sunday game, more critical in H2H).

I'd say consider getting Grubauer as a cheaper option.
    That is an excellent point that I did not think of. What other backups might be sitting around who I could snag in 2-3 weeks while their teams starters get a rest?
    14 team Yahoo H2H: Keep 4
    G,A,PPP,PIM,SOG,Hits,Blocks,W,GAA,SV%,SHO
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench
    Team: JT Miller, Svechnikov, Rantanen, Connor, Forsberg, Schmaltz, Fiala, Buchnevich, Bennett, Hertl, Couturier, Peterka, Dahlin, Sergachev, Nurse, Burns, Sanheim, Sorokin, Raanta, Kochetkov, Woll
    IR: Andersen, Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If your league's final (championship) week of H2H is same as final week of NHL hockey (April 9/10th ending weekend), then I'd try to roster:
    1) Grubauer (WAS)
    2) Greiss (NYI)
    3) Neuvirth (PHI)
    I think these guys could get the final Sunday start when only 4 NHL teams play (+ANA, but Andersen/Gibson likely owned).
    In H2H, having the last chess-move with goalie play can be HUGE for winning a ratio category (GAA/SV%).
    It's a favourite strategy of mine in H2H leagues with Sunday end-of-week.

Dobber Sports Titan

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. You need to get to the finals first. I’d talk down the draft pick from a 1st, and try for a 3rd/4th. The difference from Price to Holtby isn’t that much, and owning Holtby will be far less of a headache with less chance for injury.

I’d personally do a trade with the roots being Holtby for Price, then flip Holtby for Schneider if you have enough time in between now and the deadline.

Devils have 3 home games the final week. Tuesday (vs Sabres), Thursday (vs Lightning BIG POSSIBLE GAME), and Saturday (vs Leafs, another possible must win). Having Schneider, then adding Grauber (whatever way you spell it) would lock up the Sv% and GAA cat more than likely.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll