Thread: Too many Prospects?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Question Too many Prospects?

My original offer was my Drouin, Mantha, Marner, Wennberg, Jussi Jokinen, and Chris Kunitz
    for his Couture, Scheifele, and Carlson.
    REJECTED as he wanted no veterans and to deal only one of those two centers.

His counter offer is:
    My Nail Yakupov, Tony DeAngelo, Mitchell Marner, Alexander Wennberg, Anthony Mantha, and Robby Fabbri.
    for his:
    Couture, Yandle, Tanev and Grabovski, Eakin, and Spurgeon.

Right now, neither of our teams are in the playoffs.
    Finishing my build for next season.

Should I counter back with the original request for that haul of prospects?

I am sitting on D. Strome, Dal Colle and Nylander for the future.

Thanks in advance! Rep's as warranted.

Roster and League Settings in Signature

Always be two steps ahead.
    If you falter, then still one step ahead!

30-player full keeper league with a farm system
    C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, W, W, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, Util, G, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR, IR, IR, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, NA, NA, NA, NA, NA
    Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Games Started (GS), Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Too many Prospects?

Trying to come up with useful advice. Failing.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Pick the most important piece from him - and offer accordingly, don't mortgage your whole farm when you're contemplating rebuild or at least "youth tweaking" - Can we make that a popular fantasy term?? It's like what the Canucks are doing - "Youth Tweaking" - sorry digression... sometimes simple is best.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Rep'd.

There are just a lot of players in play for this exchange. Pumped the brakes on the deal for now.

His Roster:
    Center: Couture, Scheifele, Thornton, Eakin, Janmark, Grabovski, Spezza*
    LW: Marleau, E. Staal, Rakell, Tanguay, Kreider, Vanek
    RW: Pavelski, Okposo, Versteeg, Stempniak, Doan, Meier, Beau Bennett*
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Spurgeon, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Franson, Demers, Dumoulin, Gudbranson*, de Haan, Theodore, Provorov, Werenski, Merrill*
    G: Niemi, Lehtonen, Vasilevskiy, Kuemper, Allen*

I am willing to move the Six Pack of Prospects. What return should I be looking for?
    He offered up Couture and Yandle to start.

Maybe that will help turn Fail into Fame.

Thank you!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by TeamFoster4 View Post
    Rep'd.

There are just a lot of players in play for this exchange. Pumped the brakes on the deal for now.

His Roster:
    Center: Couture, Scheifele, Thornton, Eakin, Janmark, Grabovski, Spezza*
    LW: Marleau, E. Staal, Rakell, Tanguay, Kreider, Vanek
    RW: Pavelski, Okposo, Versteeg, Stempniak, Doan, Meier, Beau Bennett*
    D: Carlson, Yandle, Spurgeon, Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Franson, Demers, Dumoulin, Gudbranson*, de Haan, Theodore, Provorov, Werenski, Merrill*
    G: Niemi, Lehtonen, Vasilevskiy, Kuemper, Allen*

I am willing to move the Six Pack of Prospects. What return should I be looking for?
    He offered up Couture and Yandle to start.

Maybe that will help turn Fail into Fame.

Thank you!
    I guess I'm wondering why you'd be moving all of the prospects at the same time if you're not getting the return you want?

I would think that if you just targeted two or three of his players then you may get a better return per prospect value. Sometimes prospect value, or even regular player value, gets lost when there are so many pieces in play, or is that the strategy you're going for?

It seems like you may be rushing your rebuild to finish it off, like you say. Break it up into smaller deals I think.

You're sitting on the three guys you mentioned for the future....I may try to keep Drouin or Marner, as well, and send out the rest.

He has a lot of vets. Couture is a good start. Yandle is fine. I'd try to add Theodore (although another prospect, sort of). If you could swap Carlson for Yandle, I'd easily want that instead. Maybe add a goalie like Vas? He's got good trade value later, too. Maybe Spurgeon.

Just make sure that if you're moving top end prospects that you're getting fair value, with upside and young production, for each of those prospects.

Fantrax 18-Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G), 25/30
    Unlimited call-ups = 134 gms
    G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, W, GAA, S, SV%

C: Stamkos, Stepan, Little, T.J.
    W: Kessel, MaGranlund, Simmonds, Landeskog, Hall, Lucic, B.Ritchie, Burakovsky
    D: Gogo, Keith, Leddy, Dumba, Barrie, Forbert,
    G: Rask/Anderson/Mason
    B: Filppula/Hartman/Vrbata/Clendening

Farm: Chartier, Forsbacka Karlsson, Bowers, Chmelevski, Geekie, Gourde, AMorand, MShaw, Haapala, Merkley, Katchouk, Korshkov, Kovacs, Shinkaruk, Lindblom, O'Regan, Bear, Bengtsson, Jokiharju, Kylington, Paigin, Grzelcyk, Stanley, Vaakanainen, Koekkoek, Walman, Fitzpatrick, Berube, Pickard, Zhukov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Solid advice.

I had made a bunch of small trades using hot waiver wire guys to gather all those prospects.

That owner just dropped four roster fillers and grabbed Theodore, Provorov, Werenski, and Meier from the waiver wire.

So his roster seemed like a great one stop shopping place to flip a bunch of prospects for producing commodities
    that line up more with the rest of my roster's prime time production window.

But as you said, maybe making smaller two for one or three for two deals is better than the mass swap.

Thanks for all the great comments!