Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Startup keeper pool

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Startup keeper pool

I am starting a 12 manager keeper league. There were a set of rules on here before, but they have been drastically altered since they have been posted and because of formatting issues, will be available to anyone who wishes to receive them through email. Just ask!

Some of the features of this pool will include:

23 man \"pro\" roster, with 17 players being kept each year.
    6 man \"farm\" roster, with all players being kept each year.
    $40 entry fee.
    Minimum of two trades/year.
    Scoring is head to head through Yahoo. Weekly updates (not daily) and scoring positions will be 3 lines (CCC, LWLWLW, RWRWRW, DDDDDD, and 2 goalies)
    Drafts will be held online (not in person).
    Limited amount of waiver pickups each year.
    Physical trophies for winner of regular season and winner of playoffs.

Please respond with interest and please, if you don\'t plan on sticking around for the long run, don\'t join. Thanks.

Post edited by: duballstar014, at: 2007/08/07 15:41
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re:Startup keeper pool

just trying to gain attention to the above post which has now been edited.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Minimum of two trades? Doesn\'t it seem kind of unnecessary to REQUIRE people to make trades?

Dobber Sports Sage

No. It increases activity. It\'s only two trades a year and they can involve draft picks also.

I had another thread where I had a survey and asked people to vote on what rules they would like to see. This was one of the popular responses, so it was added. This thread is a follow up to the previous thread and the rules have been very carefully examined from many angles.

There are currently 6 spots open. If you would like to join an in depth keeper league from the very beginning, now is your chance.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

2 things, 1st H2H is lame and so are yahoo leagues. Not to mention forcing owners to make trades. I think I would rather do fantasy Curling.

I...am your father.

joeygmoney wrote:
    2 things, 1st H2H is lame and so are yahoo leagues. Not to mention forcing owners to make trades. I think I would rather do fantasy Curling.
    Who are you quoting in your signature - sounds like a Roenick thing. Hilarious though.

H2H is not for everyone, but I wouldn\'t say it\'s lame. It\'s probably the most involved of all fantasy formats.

As for forcing owners to make trades - hey, if that\'s what everyone voted on, then what choice did he have? The rule must go forward.

Hey - if enough fantasy curling leagues start up, look for DobberCurling.com to make its debut B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sage

Thanks Dobber. The way I had this league envisioned was to be the most involved, but also that each manager had a say in how the rules were formed. Being that only half the league is currently in place, it is possible the other half would like to do away with the minimum trade rule.

If that is the case, it is not something that is out of the question. Another point in the rules states that all opinions will be honored and any suggestions for rule changes can be approved with majority (7) votes.

Post edited by: duballstar014, at: 2007/08/08 12:00
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Genius

Dobber wrote:
    Who are you quoting in your signature - sounds like a Roenick thing. Hilarious though.
    I believe that is Allen Iverson bitching about practice.

Post edited by: joos, at: 2007/08/08 12:35
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Master

I think you would get some interest if you didnt ask for 40 bucks .Make it just for fun for at least season 1 .

thats alot of paper route money for alex to pony up :silly:

p.s -yahoo only has 20 man roster capability

Post edited by: butch, at: 2007/08/08 13:20

Dobber Sports Sage

butch wrote:
    I think you would get some interest if you didnt ask for 40 bucks .Make it just for fun for at least season 1 .

thats alot of paper route money for alex to pony up :silly:

p.s -yahoo only has 20 man roster capability&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Post edited by: butch, at: 2007/08/08 13:20
    yahoo has roster capability of up to 30 players. Yahoo Customizable Options.

thats funny too about the 40 bucks. the reason it costs $40 is twofold. 1) it should weed out people who arent very serious about the league and will just drop out, possibly even in year one. 2) if you really are dedicated to a league and put in a lot of effort, a prize of like $50 at the end of the year would be worthless.

the top finisher of the playoffs in this pool will receive the physical trophy and $200. the top finisher of the regular season will receive a physical trophy and $70. the winners of these two trophies in year one will also have the trophies named after them. this isnt a half assed league that is just thrown together, there are 4 pages worth of rules that are meant to make the league exciting and involved. Judging by the reactions here, I am thinking I might need to look elsewhere (whether it be a dif thread or a different forum alltogether) for interest. the people who are currently signed up to be in this league are very excited about it. i dont want to add people who lack the same enthusiasm...or who dont even have a drivers license...
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Master

ahh , my bad -its a 20 team limit that was stuck in my head for yahoo

how much would it cost to ship a trophy to Honolulu :P

Dobber Sports Sage

If you won the league, you wouldnt have to worry about that. The cost of sending you the prize would be covered by the administrative expenses.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'m in

Dobber Sports Sage

If you are interested in the league, please provide your email address in this post and I will send you a copy of the league rules. Thanks all.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Sage

There are now 3 remaining spots open in this league.
    @tlucarelli on twitter