Thread: To all you chatroom doctors out there.. (Edler)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default To all you chatroom doctors out there.. (Edler)

So Edler has a fractured fibula. Officially there is no timeline available. Earlier in the day it was reported by Bob McKenzie that the team was expecting to lose Edler for 2 to 3 weeks. Then the news of the broken bone came out a few hours later.

No way a broken fibula is only 2 to 3 weeks, right? I already have my two IR spots filled and I'm trying to decide whether I can drop Edler, or whether I should wait it out another day or two. Time is money in my weekly head-to-head league. Defensemen on my league's free agent pile are very thin, but I'd have to drop either Edler or Savard if I didn't want a dead roster slot until Savard is ready. Thoughts?
    12-team, Weekly H2H ESPN League
    5 Veteran Keepers, 2 Prospect Keepers (Current ELC)
    Start: 6 Forwards, 4 Defensemen, 2 Goalies. 5 Bench + 2 IR
    Skater Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, ATOI, SOG, STP
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV% (Min. 3 Starts)

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: To all you chatroom doctors out there.. (Edler)

Lose Edler. If he has a fractured fibula, he won't be back in 2-3 weeks.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Depends on the fracture.
    If there is a hairline fracture, maybe it's not terrible.

I wouldn't think 2-3 weeks though... that does seem short... unless modern medicine has some sleek new recoup timelines!

Dobber Sports Sage

With a fracture you are looking at something more like 6-8 weeks, it was diagnosed as a foot injury initially, which means the fracture must be near the ankle. Honestly this could be a shutdown for the rest of the year considering where Vancouver is sitting in the standings. Not much incentive to bring him back for a handful of games at the end of the season. I think you are looking at a one month absence, at least. Even if the fracture is minor and he is able to heal up and get back in, I think you are probably safe to drop him, its a one-year league after all.

Dobber Sports Superstar

My guess is that if it was a full fracture they would have known or suspected it immediately. But whatever the case it will be longer than 2-3 weeks before he will be able to skate effectively. I'd have no problem dropping him at this point.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks, friends. I'll drop him now and then monitor for updates closer to my league's playoffs. I doubt anyone will pick him up to stash on their own IR's unless there's definitive news about a short timeline.
    12-team, Weekly H2H ESPN League
    5 Veteran Keepers, 2 Prospect Keepers (Current ELC)
    Start: 6 Forwards, 4 Defensemen, 2 Goalies. 5 Bench + 2 IR
    Skater Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, ATOI, SOG, STP
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV% (Min. 3 Starts)

The Great One

Edler is not exactly the warrior type, so I'm also leaning toward him not returning any time soon.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/