Thread: [Trade] - Revere for Storen

Dobber Sports Titan

Default [Trade] - Revere for Storen

They are close to trading Revere for Storen. Pretty good deal i guess with their depth at the OF positions. Pillar, Saunders, Pompey, Bautista, and Carrera.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com

great addition to the BP tho

- - - Updated - - -

No longer a rumour. trade just happened. Also if an Admin would like to correct Storen's name in the thread title, i'd love that!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: RUMOUR - Revere for Soren

Cash coming to the Jays as well

Dobber Sports Master

worst case scenerio , he can be used as a set up man for osuna or vice versa .

Dobber Sports Padawan

Good trade for the Jays. I'm guessing this allows Sanchez to move to a starters role while Cecil, Storen and Osuna lock down the back end.

Dobber Sports Deity

I hate losing Revere because he was a legit leadoff guy but I do like Storen coming in. If he can stay healthy, he is quality BP material. Smart trade for the Jays. Now there's something we havent said much of since AA left.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: [Trade] - Revere for Soren

Sad to lose Revere. Love the character and energy that he brought aside from his abilities on the field.

Have heard good things about Storen. Really hoping he works out.

This rumoured Dickey trade better not just be a salary dump.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Sad to lose Revere. Love the character and energy that he brought aside from his abilities on the field.

Have heard good things about Storen. Really hoping he works out.

This rumoured Dickey trade better not just be a salary dump.
    Dickey rumour? Do tell...

I am away for work and only have limited internet access.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Dickey rumour? Do tell...

I am away for work and only have limited internet access.
    There were rumours that Dickey might get dealt to a NL team.

But Rosenthal recently released an update that sources have told him that there's no truth to it. I'm glad because I think moving Dickey makes this team significantly weaker.

In other words, carry on haha.

Dobber Sports Titan

Storen had a sub 2 ERA before Papelbon came into the closer role and the whole Nationals team imploded and Storen had something like a 7.11ERA from the trade to the end of the season. That was because of him being knocked down to setup man.

My guess is the plan is to have Sanchez in a starter’s role, but they have the backup plan if he gets hurt midseason, or sucks (Chavez). I would love to see Sanchez as a starter, but I think the team is better 2016 season with him as a BP arm.

Closers – Storen, Osuna
    Set-up – Sanchez, Cecil
    7th inning – Sanchez, Cecil, Loup, Tepera
    Long innings – Schultz, Biagini, Chavez/Hutchinson

Saunders, Pompey, Carrera will be the LF guys (Carrera not so much). Saunders/Pompey/Tulo even will be the leadoff I bet. Lead-off doesn’t need the be a fast dude, but someone who can take a lot of pitches to “tire” out the pitcher before the big guys go up. Imagine off the bat Tulo, Donaldson, Jose Bautista, Edwin, Martin, Collebello, Pillar, Pompey, Goins. Goins turns into a lead-off guy after the first go through the lineup, and you create more AB for the big guys.

Whatever they do for lead-off, the lineup is lethal.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Storen had a sub 2 ERA before Papelbon came into the closer role and the whole Nationals team imploded and Storen had something like a 7.11ERA from the trade to the end of the season. That was because of him being knocked down to setup man.

My guess is the plan is to have Sanchez in a starter’s role, but they have the backup plan if he gets hurt midseason, or sucks (Chavez). I would love to see Sanchez as a starter, but I think the team is better 2016 season with him as a BP arm.

Closers – Storen, Osuna
    Set-up – Sanchez, Cecil
    7th inning – Sanchez, Cecil, Loup, Tepera
    Long innings – Schultz, Biagini, Chavez/Hutchinson

Saunders, Pompey, Carrera will be the LF guys (Carrera not so much). Saunders/Pompey/Tulo even will be the leadoff I bet. Lead-off doesn’t need the be a fast dude, but someone who can take a lot of pitches to “tire” out the pitcher before the big guys go up. Imagine off the bat Tulo, Donaldson, Jose Bautista, Edwin, Martin, Collebello, Pillar, Pompey, Goins. Goins turns into a lead-off guy after the first go through the lineup, and you create more AB for the big guys.

Whatever they do for lead-off, the lineup is lethal.

I think for the lead off guy you're right about what they bring to the table. But I think it's Pillar who will be relied on in that role until Travis comes back and able to do so. Pillar was able to work counts fairly consistently it seemed last year. It doesn't hurt that he did a good job on the bases either.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I think for the lead off guy you're right about what they bring to the table. But I think it's Pillar who will be relied on in that role until Travis comes back and able to do so. Pillar was able to work counts fairly consistently it seemed last year. It doesn't hurt that he did a good job on the bases either.
    When I heard the Dickey rumour, I was expecting him+Collebelo to go for a prospect+Leadoff guy who plays 1st. The only guy I can think of that can do that would be Josh Harrison, but he’s a 3B, so he’d have to make the switch over. But that Jays don’t need a stealer as lead-off, they need the pitch taker, which was what Reyes did well. But Travis I feel like is going to take over the 2B role because of his ability to hit lead-off. Which I hate because I’m such a Goins fan. If he plays 2B all of next yr, he’s a Gold Glove candidate for sure I bet. The Tulo Goins chemistry is through the roof and they played like 10games together lol.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: [Trade] - Revere for Storen

Hurts to lose Revere but I think this trade makes sense for the Jays. I think adding that strong arm to the BP gives the Jays a few more options with who they deploy when, options are good in MLB.

Potential Starters: Stroman, Estrada, Dickey, Sanchez, Hutchinson/Chavez/Happ
    If 2 of Hutch/Chavez/Happ work out you can move Sanchez back to the BP and have all of Storen/Osuna/Sanchez back there as well as Cecil/Loup for 6-7 innings.

At lead-off I think one of Pillar/Travis is going to get the spot with the other guy batting 9th. If Travis can hit anywhere near .300 he has to be in the lineup as his defense is still solid, and having a guy on base a bunch in front of Donaldson/Bautista/EE is deadly.

I think Goins is kept as the 3rd middle infielder, especially given Tulo's history of getting nagging injuries and the possibility of Travis struggling in only his second season.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [Trade] - Revere for Storen

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Hurts to lose Revere but I think this trade makes sense for the Jays. I think adding that strong arm to the BP gives the Jays a few more options with who they deploy when, options are good in MLB.

Potential Starters: Stroman, Estrada, Dickey, Sanchez, Hutchinson/Chavez/Happ
    If 2 of Hutch/Chavez/Happ work out you can move Sanchez back to the BP and have all of Storen/Osuna/Sanchez back there as well as Cecil/Loup for 6-7 innings.

At lead-off I think one of Pillar/Travis is going to get the spot with the other guy batting 9th. If Travis can hit anywhere near .300 he has to be in the lineup as his defense is still solid, and having a guy on base a bunch in front of Donaldson/Bautista/EE is deadly.

I think Goins is kept as the 3rd middle infielder, especially given Tulo's history of getting nagging injuries and the possibility of Travis struggling in only his second season.

At 12mill/yr, Happ is a lock to start the year as a starter. I would say Hutch/Chavez/Sanchez will duke it out as the final starter, and Sanchez having the most talent to take the starters role, but also the better RP of the bunch. Many forget that Sanchez was the best starter the Jays had in June before he got hurt.

Lead-off will be interesting. Travis when healthy has the rap sheet to be a LO I think. But he won’t be ready till June likely, so who LO’s until then? I think that’s a mystery to even the Blue Jays.