Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Drouin requests trade from Tampa

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Jonathan Drouin requests trade from Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    I was more so going after the lack of value for the top prospect in their system
    I don't know that he can really be viewed in that vein as things stand at the moment. Last season that would have been true.

If it appears that the bridges have been burned between him and management, that would hamstring TB's leverage in a trade considerably.

RETIRED

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    That was the Niederreiter deal wasn't it?
    Bingo.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have no idea what his value is at the moment tbh. W/ or w/o Stamkos they're a deep group of NHL talent without many other impending UFA's. Dumping Carle or re-stocking with high-end picks/prospects could be the best thing they could do.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Veteran

So what's wrong with management in TB? First St. Louis wants out. Then you have Stamkos not signing long term there and now you have an obvious young talent who is now disillusioned with Tampa. Something isn't right in Tampa.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    So what's wrong with management in TB? First St. Louis wants out. Then you have Stamkos not signing long term there and now you have an obvious young talent who is now disillusioned with Tampa. Something isn't right in Tampa.
    That's what I was thinking earlier today. It doesnt add up: good team, good weather, low taxes. Yzerman seems to be striking out. Maybe he's not very good dealing with agents like Allen Walsh who are hardasses.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Well with Marty I recall it being about the Olympic snub, which highlights a potential communication issue. But I believe there was also something about wanting to be closer to his family after his mother passed away.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Novice

As much as I love Yzerman, there does seem to be a trend forming here. I think the Drouin situation is 50/50 as Cooper seems to really not care for the kid at all. I get Drouin is rough around the edges, but he's also your top prospect. Make sure he's getting the proper education that he needs to thrive in the NHL. Send him down if they want, but make sure they're drilling the shit out of him on his weak points to break those bad habits. I'd be curious if they have him living with a veteran when he's in TB. After all that Stamkos went through early on, you'd think they'd have the kid live with him for a while.
    Primary League: Points-only partial keeper (we keep 10 out of a 20 player roster)
    Scoring: (Skaters) G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, OTP // (Goalies) W, A, SHL, SHO
    Forward: McDavid, Point, Matthews, Eichel, Tarasenko, Barzel, Laine, E. Petterson, Hoffman, Voracek, DeBrincat, Kopitar, D. Strome
    Defense: Jones, Werenski, R. Dahlin, Hamilton, Schultz, Dumba (IR)
    Goalie: Murray, Binnington

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Well with Marty I recall it being about the Olympic snub, which highlights a potential communication issue. But I believe there was also something about wanting to be closer to his family after his mother passed away.
    Partly true, he lived in NY area in the offseason. But his mother passed away after the trade happened, unexpectedly.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ninja

I drafted Drouin with a late pick at the start of the year and followed him for the first couple of months.

I never saw anything particularly impressive... and for a while at the start he even had his chance playing with Stammer on the top line.

He's only got himself to blame for this... I can't stand these selfish young athletes who come into pro sports nowadays with this sense of entitlement based on their draft position. **** Drouin.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I firmly believe its a Cooper issue. We all know how he like to ride the triplets seeing as how he coached them in Syracuse. I mean, he has even cut back on the franchise players ice time in lieu of his AHL darlings for christs sake. Cooper has too much reign in my opinion. Stevie Y better get things under control before its too late!

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Ninja

Drouin is only 20 years old and he's making millions playing a game and he's unhappy!? A little perspective might be something Drouin should strive for. I get that he believes that he should be playing a larger role in the NHL, but his current coach isn't willing/ready to let him do that. I sincerely doubt that the coach "has it out for him" (my quote not his). In his coach's mind, I suspect he believes that Drouin isn't quite ready for prime time (defensively I'm sure). With all the injuries TB has had, if he hasn't proven to his coach that he can handle the prime time, he needs to go work on what he's lacking, that's what the AHL is for (developmental league). The kid should just go light up the AHL while working on his defensive game.

A guy I see similarities to is Teravainen. He shows flashes of offensive brilliance, but yet still can't get regular top six minutes...at least until last year's playoffs anyway.

How many times do we see Red Wings prospects who seem ready for prime time, take forever to finally "make it" - Nyquist and Tatar come to mind. There's just something lacking in their game at the NHL level (pretty sure it's defensive awareness).

It will be fun to watch if this spurs a trade (I doubt it) and how Drouin ultimately handles this now that his trade request has been made public.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post

A guy I see similarities to is Teravainen. He shows flashes of offensive brilliance, but yet still can't get regular top six minutes...at least until last year's playoffs anyway.
    I have been very impressed with how Teravainen has been moved around the lineup and he doesn't complain or sulk and just continues to play hard. TT's defensive game is solid which is a must when playing under Q. A 20-year old who did not handle moving up and down the lineup well or play a very sound defensive game is Marko Dano. And he's in the AHL just like Drouin.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

Don't like this move by Drouin. Reminds me of Nikita Filatov.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Titan

I’d love for the Leafs to get him. But if I was the Avs, I’d be calling about him. Try and get MacKinnon and Drouin back together. Another thing is do you keep Drouin as an insurance policy for if Stamkos does leave?

Do you also just wait it out with Drouin, let him go to arbitration, and sign him for an obvious low amount?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think a lot of this is smoke and mirrors... he's got no leverage in this situation so I doubt Yzerman entertains a move here just because his agent is trying to fan the flames.

Yzerman's response to the media pretty much said it all - shut up and report to the farm team.

IF Yzerman did move him though, I'd love for the Leafs to pick him up. He's got some ways to go, but he fits right into their time horizon and he'd get lots of ice time in Toronto.