Default Championship Check-over -- REP

Worthy of a second look. Standard scoring system, no bonuses, non-PPR:

QB - Roethlisberger
    RB - Peterson
    RB - Gurley
    WR - Watkins
    WR - A. Robinson
    WR - Snead
    TE - Ertz or Tye?...is Tye a better add with ODB suspended?
    Flex - D.Williams
    K - Catanzaro or Boswell? (both on FA)
    D - Chiefs
    Bench - Green-Beckham, Artis-Payne, C.Michael, T.Eifert, DEN D, L.Bell

I'm pretty stuck on K and TE here. I've never been a fan of Ertz and I was set until Eifert got hurt. All help is appreciated!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Championship Check-over -- REP

Close call at TE, but I think I'd go with Tye over Ertz and Catanzaro over Boswell.

At TE, I just find it so hard to trust the Eagles on a week to week basis that I'd just rather avoid it. That goes doubly given that Washington has, I think, been a top 10 defense against the TE this season and I think Ertz got dinged a bit once or twice last season. Target volume has been there for Tye for several weeks, and I'd imagine that only increases if Beckham's suspension is upheld.

At kicker, I think it's really a toss up. I guess I'd lean toward Catanzaro for a few reasons: the Cards are at home while the Steelers are on the road, and the chance of inclement weather (even just rain/wind) is much less likely in AZ than MD; the Cards/Packers game is more likely to be competitive and AZ might have to settle for some FG tries; and while it wouldn't surprise me if Boswell has limited FG opportunities but plenty of PATs, the Steelers do tend to go for 2 more than anybody in the league.

Good luck.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would take my chances on Tye and give you something to look forward too Sunday night!! You will be glued to the tv watching both Peterson and Tye..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I would take my chances on Tye and give you something to look forward too Sunday night!! You will be glued to the tv watching both Peterson and Tye..
    Or Mckinnon and Tye ....or hopefully it'll all be wrapped up by the time kick-off on Sunday night

So how did you end up doing??

Dobber Sports Expert

I lost by <5 points....mainly thanks to not so Big Ben completely dropping a deuce on the field.

I was down by ~12ish points heading into Sunday night with Peterson and Tye going up against Ruben Randle...ya, you see where this is going. Peterson scored the touchdown and I took a 6 point lead or something. Thought to myself "holy ****, there's still hope!"....the very next drive, Randle catches that stupid 72 yard TD, I go down by 7 or so and never recovered. Peterson I don't think saw another snap from the next drive out.

My team was hands down better than his and he continued to get ridiculous production...Reed, Julio, Hopkins, Randle....with Eifert out, I knew TE was going to cost me and dropping Ertz for Tye hurt, but Ertz has never caught more than 1 pass when on my roster so tomato, tomato. When you look at, two 70-yard TD passes and a shitty QB cost me a season long of domination

Only good thing is next year I head into next season with 3 keepers out of the following choices: LeVeon & Gurley and one of Watkins, Eifert and A.Robinson...sadly have to say goodbye to AP...it'll be real tough to get back to the playoffs enxt year with our set-up but I welcome the challenge

If L.Bell, T.Gurley, and A.Robinson are your 3 keepers, then you definitely have a chance next year.. I think A.Robinson and Bortles are just scratching the surface and are going to be quite the tandem.. And your two RB's are absolute studs!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Completely agree. I love Robinson, so under-rated. Only downfall is draft is no snake so I pick 2nd last every round

I finished 2nd last year and picked 11th out of 12 in every round this year.. Both my keepers were on the IR and I ended up winning this year.. You just have to do your homework and map out every scenario when it comes to your pick.. I targeted players nobody else really wanted, like Woodhead, Gates, and Crabtree.. Waiver wire pickups of Powell, J.White, Ginn Jr, and Gano helped me down the stretch..

So it can be done!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Oh I agree it can be done. Just I always fall victim to the injury bug. I do far more homework than any team in that league.

I've only been in it for 1 year and the league will be entering year 5 this upcoming year. I guess technically in those 4 years I have two 1st place finishes and two 2nds being as I pretty well ran my buddy's team for him the first 3 years haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Oh I agree it can be done. Just I always fall victim to the injury bug. I do far more homework than any team in that league.

I've only been in it for 1 year and the league will be entering year 5 this upcoming year. I guess technically in those 4 years I have two 1st place finishes and two 2nds being as I pretty well ran my buddy's team for him the first 3 years haha.
    I can't wait for next season, we can compare notes and help each other build our 2016-17 championship teams!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I can't wait for next season, we can compare notes and help each other build our 2016-17 championship teams!!
    I’m excited for next season for the first time in the 3yrs we’ve been running our keeper league.
    Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, Latavius Murray, and TJ Yeldon as my keep 4 is prolly the best set up I’ve had ever going into the yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I’m excited for next season for the first time in the 3yrs we’ve been running our keeper league.
    Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, Latavius Murray, and TJ Yeldon as my keep 4 is prolly the best set up I’ve had ever going into the yr.
    LeVeon Bell in the 1st, Sammy Watkins in the 8th and Todd Gurley in the 12th....money keepers
    Also means I can't keep Eifert (in the 11th), Roethlisberger (9th), Allan Robinson (4th) or Peterson (1st)....really wishing we had 5 keepers and not 3 lol

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    LeVeon Bell in the 1st, Sammy Watkins in the 8th and Todd Gurley in the 12th....money keepers
    Also means I can't keep Eifert (in the 11th), Roethlisberger (9th), Allan Robinson (4th) or Peterson (1st)....really wishing we had 5 keepers and not 3 lol
    We have a keep 4or5 league where if you keep 5, you forfeit your 1st round pick. I got 1st overall pick this upcoming yr, so no point in keeping 5.

Eifert is good, but I don’t like keeping TE unless it’s Gronk. A good sneak pick would be any of Chicago’s TEs next yr, they all did well when the other was hurt. QB is easy to draft (I streamed QBs pretty much all yr until Wilson took off), Robsinson is a tough one to not keep, and same with Peterson.

Someone in my league traded away for the top injured guys this season so his keepers are Bell, Charles, Gurley, Watkins and prolly Reed (no one else on his team). Keeping 3RBs is going to suck in a start 2RB (+ 1 flex).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeah we have waiver claims/free agents are 12th rounders next season....I sat #1 on waiver wire for first few weeks because I'm not a believer of wasting a waiver claim on players who aren't talented or all of a sudden getting bumped up to the #1 role...low and behold, a guy in my league dropped Gurley 1 week before his explosion...being a Rams fan I was dying to pick him up...now he's the steal of the draft for the next 3 seasons.

I completely agree with you on TEs and QBs...really the only debate is Robinson in the 4th or Watkins in the 8th as my last keeper...We move to a PPR next year and Sammy finally looks like he's going to be peppered next season....I really want to keep both.