Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gibson - is he done now?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Gibson - is he done now?

Short term. Gibson. Obviously because he’s got this weeks games as his.

Long term (this yr). Tough to say because no one knows how the situation will play out. Gibson I like more than Helly, but because we know the Jets will split Hutch and Helly for a longer time, I’d suggest Helly if you want long term this yr.

Long term (past this yr). Gibson. He’ll be 1A at the least next yr. He signed a 1 way extension with a bigger than normal bonus at the beginning of this yr. That was Anaheim’s way of saying, “Here’s some money if you sign now, and we’ll make sure it’s a one way”. So even as a financial stand point, Gibson will be paid like he’s an NHL player, so he’ll more than likely (99%) will be in the NHL next yr. And that being said, he’s the only Anaheim goalie under contract for beyond this yr. Andersen is an RFA, and khudobin is a UFA.

Talent wise: Gibson>Helly for all 3 scenarios
    Situation wise: Gibson>Helly this week, Helly>Gibson this yr (safer bet), Gibson>Helly next yr.

But as many have said, no one knows the Goalie situation in Anaheim. You could gamble and go with Gibson and leave Helly until the Anaheim goalie situation is clearer. My guess is by Friday we’ll know if Andersen is ready to start soon.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Short term. Gibson. Obviously because he’s got this weeks games as his.

Long term (this yr). Tough to say because no one knows how the situation will play out. Gibson I like more than Helly, but because we know the Jets will split Hutch and Helly for a longer time, I’d suggest Helly if you want long term this yr.

Long term (past this yr). Gibson. He’ll be 1A at the least next yr. He signed a 1 way extension with a bigger than normal bonus at the beginning of this yr. That was Anaheim’s way of saying, “Here’s some money if you sign now, and we’ll make sure it’s a one way”. So even as a financial stand point, Gibson will be paid like he’s an NHL player, so he’ll more than likely (99%) will be in the NHL next yr. And that being said, he’s the only Anaheim goalie under contract for beyond this yr. Andersen is an RFA, and khudobin is a UFA.

Talent wise: Gibson>Helly for all 3 scenarios
    Situation wise: Gibson>Helly this week, Helly>Gibson this yr (safer bet), Gibson>Helly next y
    r.

But as many have said, no one knows the Goalie situation in Anaheim. You could gamble and go with Gibson and leave Helly until the Anaheim goalie situation is clearer. My guess is by Friday we’ll know if Andersen is ready to start soon.
    Agree 110% with this assessment of the situation.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    What about long term?

Gibson or Hellebuyck?
    I would go with Hellebuyck but it's close. Gibby is going to be a great player as well.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I really believe that Gibson will take the No. 1 job over. Andersen has been fine but Gibson has always been touted as an elite level talent. The Ducks are not committed to Andersen beyond this year and as he's making only 1.15M, they can afford to use him as a backup. On the other hand, the Ducks have Gibson through the 2018-2019 season at a very reasonable 2.3M AAV, with him being an RFA after that.

Not sure exactly how it will all shake out, but I expect them to look to trade either Khudobin or Andersen, with whoever stays backing up Gibson.

No one else agrees?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gibson is the guy for the Ducks moving forward. I think the management sees it the same way, which is why they locked him up early for the next three years after this one. Andersen is pretty talented. He's a calm goaltender that excels in positioning and is an agile player for his size. However, I think Gibson has better game breaking abilities. I also think Andersen is a bit weak mentally and I have not been impressed with him in the post-season at all.

I think Hellebuyck has higher upside than Gibson. He mirrors well, technically excellent, explosive laterally when he needs to be, but because he's so good positionally, he doesn't need to be most of the time. But to me, the most important thing for a goaltender is mental strength. Hellebuyck doesn't let anything rattle him and can shrug off bad goals. I honestly think he'll be an elite goaltender. I could be wrong, but scouting is what I do best. Check back in three years if you don't believe me. Buy into Hellebuyck and potentially be rewarded if you do.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm stuck in a similar situation. I can only roster 4 goalies and already have Lundqvist, Fleury, and Vasilevskiy. It's a keeper league, which is why I'd like to hold on to Vasilevskiy. I'm basically debating the last spot between Gibson and Hellebuyck. I picked up Gibson when he got recalled and have kept him as long as he's played. The thought was to dump him for Hellebuyck once he got demoted (assuming Hellebuyck was still available then). But Gibsons's strong play leaves the door open for possibly more and I'm not sure which will be better long-term anyway. Seems like a dice roll.
    10 Team Keeper Roto League (G, A, +/-, PIMs, Shots, Defensive Points, GAA, Sv %, Wins) - Keep 10 each year
    23 man roster, plus 3 man IR: start 4 of each forward position, 6 defensemen, 2 goalies, 3 man bench

Dobber Sports Padawan

Doesn't look like Boudreau is done with Gibson.

Khudobin on the other hand is DONE. BB has no faith in starting him at all.

With Bruce's job on the line he is going with whoever will get him there, currently its Gibson. I fully expect the Andersen/Gibson tandem for the rest of the season.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Doesn't look like Boudreau is done with Gibson.

With Bruce's job on the line he is going with whoever will get him there, currently its Gibson. I fully expect the Andersen/Gibson tandem for the rest of the season.
    Did you read somewhere that BB has no faith in Khudobin? I get he's going to Gibson every chance he gets but in my mind, I ALWAYS saw Khudobin as the back up tender to either a) Andersen or b) Gibson (if Andersen was unable to play or was moved).

What have you seen/heard to be so sure that Khudobin has been deemed incompetent by BB?

Just interested.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    I'd also like to know if you've actually heard something regarding this.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Andersen Khudobin may be avaialble for trade -

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/900976

Gibson has won 1/4 games started and the ducks got a come from behind win against a tire fire team in Calgary....

is Anaheim one of the worst managed teams in the league??

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dano85 View Post
    Andersen Khudobin may be avaialble for trade -

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/900976

Gibson has won 1/4 games started and the ducks got a come from behind win against a tire fire team in Calgary....

is Anaheim one of the worst managed teams in the league??
    Definitely suggests that the Gibson era may be commencing sooner than we think.

Where's everyone at now? I really can't see them sending him down after this run. I feel like he's going to be the No. 1 from here on out, maybe after a brief battle with Andersen.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Anderson comes back... And will be #2

Dobber Sports Novice

Gibson or Nilsson rest of year?

W, GAA, # of Saves
    2015-16 One Year League
    14 team
    12 cats weekly H2H

O cats: G / A / + - / PIMS / STP / GWG / SOG / HITS / BLKS
    G cats: WINS / # of SVS / GAA
    9 Fwd, 5 D, 1 Util, 2 Goalies, 4 Bench, 1 IR

Fwds: Giroux, Seguin, Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Steen, T.Hall, Saad, Belesky, Zucker, Barkov, Strome, K.Palmieri, Hudler,
    D: Giordano, Boychuk, Bogosian, Bieksa, M.Stone, B.Orpik, C.Miller (dropping tmrw)
    G: Crawford, C.Anderson
    IR: M.Fisher