Thread: Who is the Worst Player in the NHL?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who is the Worst Player in the NHL?

It's an interesting question and I attempt to use stats, contracts and ice time to get the answer.

Check it out, if you'd be so kind:

http://thehockeywriters.com/contract...rs-in-the-nhl/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Who is the Worst Player in the NHL?

I wouldn't have included Jack Johnson on that list, but I'm a bit of a fan of his, so I might be slightly biased! I also think Mike Smith is borderline for your list - Tuukka Rask has less wins, worse GAA and SV% and has a $7M cap hit until 2021. Obviously, every single one of us believes that Rask will be just fine...Smith? Not so much.

I would have considered/included these guys for my list:

Matt Carle TB - 23 games played, zero points! Plus/minus zero. Compensation? $5.5M for this year and two more.

Vinny Lecavalier Phi - Oh wait, they had to be "playing" in the NHL to qualify, right? My mistake.

Dave Bolland Fla - 18 games, 5 points and due to make $5.5M this season and THREE more. Good luck trying to trade that contract!

Jeff Skinner Car - 23 games, 6 points and a wonderful $5.725M cap hit. Ugh. The team can't even give him away now.

Dustin Brown LA - I know he's the Kings Captain and he's a big hitter, but for a $5.875M cap hit (until 2021/22 season, gulp!), I'd expect more production that hits. He only has 7 points in 23 games.

Cheers!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I wouldn't have included Jack Johnson on that list, but I'm a bit of a fan of his, so I might be slightly biased! I also think Mike Smith is borderline for your list - Tuukka Rask has less wins, worse GAA and SV% and has a $7M cap hit until 2021. Obviously, every single one of us believes that Rask will be just fine...Smith? Not so much.

I would have considered/included these guys for my list:

Matt Carle TB - 23 games played, zero points! Plus/minus zero. Compensation? $5.5M for this year and two more.

Vinny Lecavalier Phi - Oh wait, they had to be "playing" in the NHL to qualify, right? My mistake.

Dave Bolland Fla - 18 games, 5 points and due to make $5.5M this season and THREE more. Good luck trying to trade that contract!

Jeff Skinner Car - 23 games, 6 points and a wonderful $5.725M cap hit. Ugh. The team can't even give him away now.

Dustin Brown LA - I know he's the Kings Captain and he's a big hitter, but for a $5.875M cap hit (until 2021/22 season, gulp!), I'd expect more production that hits. He only has 7 points in 23 games.

Cheers!
    Ya, I would have included Bolland and Brown on my list too

Dobber Sports Monster

Vinny is looking pretty bad. Clarkson for me is up there.

Dobber Sports Master

Others have mentioned 3 of the 5 guys who would have made my list: Skinner, Carle, and Clarkson. Lecavalier didn't make my cut because he isn't playing in the NHL as far as I can tell. Another couple of forwards make my top five list however: Mike Fisher gets almost 20 minutes a game, plays on the power play and has only 7 points. At least his 51% FOW helps. My last choice would have to be Brian Gionta who gets plenty of ice time per game but still has only 7 points. If I had to choose another Defenseman, it would be Colorado's Nate Guenin who has no points despite a regular shift on a team that can score.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Raffi Torres
    10 Team 25 Player Keeper League (5 Keeper)
    Forward/Defence - G/A= 1 PIM= .2
    Goalies - W= 2 SO= 5

F: Steven Stamkos, Nicklas Backstrom, Dylan Larkin, Ryan O'Reilly, Lee Stepniak, Mathieu Perreault, Milan Lucic, Kyle Palmieri, Antoine Roussel, Sam Bennett, Jason Zucker, Anthony Duclair, Anders Lee, Drew Stafford, Victor Rask, Antoine Vermette, Boone Jenner,

D: Ryan Suter, Keith Yandle, Johnny Boychuk, Matt Niskanen

G: Mark-Andre Fluery, Connor Hellebuyck, Semyon Varlamov, Frederik Andersen

IR:

Keepers: Stamkos, Backstrom, Fluery, Andersen, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Kelunis View Post
    Raffi Torres
    Haha, I don't think Torres counts as "in" the NHL anymore...serve suspension, come back, serve suspension, rinse, repeat...at this point, he's sort of collecting a paycheque and then "donating" back to the NHL.

Dobber Sports Veteran

John Scott. Don't know his exact salary and don't care, whatever it is, it's waaaaaay too much. And he might get voted into the ASG, ugh.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    John Scott. Don't know his exact salary and don't care, whatever it is, it's waaaaaay too much. And he might get voted into the ASG, ugh.
    ^^^This for me, was going to say the same. He's a relic from NHL's past...time to hang em up. Problem is a new team is willing to pay him to sit around 95% of the time each season.
    Full Keeper: 10 Team (300 drafted), H2H, Daily, Y!
    Roster: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 10Reserve, 1IR
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
              W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backes, Toews, Couture, Scheifele, Horvat, Fabbri
    LW: Landeskog, Galchenyuk, Lucic, Palat
    RW: Kucherov, MacKinnon, Carter, Coyle, Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Klingberg, Josi, Shattenkirk, Ekman-Larsson, Phaneuf, Nurse, Ceci
    G: Holtby, Allen, Lack, Greiss, Enroth, Kuemper

2015 League Champion
    2016 League Champion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Hopefully you don't feel this way anymore. Plus, a team paying the minimum salary for the toughest (and arguably most charismatic) dude in the league is a bargain when you think about it. Arizona made a big mistake.

Lecavalier should be knocked off this 'worst players' list - he's found himself lately and should be a consideration for ASG 2017.