Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Jimmy Vesey to go UFA, then sign with Leafs?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [Rumor] Jimmy Vesey to go UFA, then sign with Leafs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    If he was going to sign in Nashville he would have done it already.
    You make it sound like it's been weeks since his season ended. It's been something like two days. The link below pretty much tells us that Vesey and the Preds are about to enter discussions on contracts. We should know more by early next week. You can bet the Predators are in a hurry to get him in their lineup sooner rather than later.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...vard/82308496/

"Nashville Predators representatives, including general manager David Poile, were in Worcester, Massachusetts, last night to watch Harvard's NCAA Tournament game against Boston College," the statement said. "Jimmy's exceptional college career came to a close as Harvard was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament.

"At some point over the next several days, David and Predators hockey personnel plan to meet with Jimmy, his family and his representatives to discuss and reinforce his opportunities to begin his NHL career with the Predators in the immediate future."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Usually this shit happens instantaneously.

There have already been college signings too. Plus it's been more than a weekend. It's been his whole career!

Vesey isn't signing in nashville.

Dobber Sports Deity

Usually this shit happens instantaneously.

There have already been college signings too. Plus it's been more than a weekend. It's been his whole career!

Vesey isn't signing in nashville.
    Vesey isn't dumb and knows there are options for him (unlike most of the other signings you are referring to that have already happened) so this won't be an instantaneous signing by any means. Of course there's a chance he doesn't sign in Nashville but you seem awful sure of yourself here. Again, we will find out later this week whether he is signing or going UFA later in the summer.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Would have to agree with guru here, he's surely going to hit the FA market

guru is displaying a bigev type confidence in his prediction. Maybe guru is big ev?

Administrator

I think he goes to FA. It's a pretty bad loophole in the rules but if he has the chance to choose his destination why not take advantage?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

All I know is if he was going to sign in Nashville they wouldn't have to start negotiating now.

He could have said I'll accept your offer Nashville but let me finish school. Well school is finished. If it was going to get done he would have already played for Nashville as only a signature would have been required.

He hits free agency for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Hes gettinf Max offer from Nashville anyways.

What's the hold up?

Banned

I don't see why you have to put out that statement if he was going to sign. It seems like theyre just telling everybody they tried their best.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think he goes to FA. It's a pretty bad loophole in the rules but if he has the chance to choose his destination why not take advantage?
    The one reason to join Nashville is that he could play in this playoffs, right?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

All I know is if he was going to sign in Nashville they wouldn't have to start negotiating now.

He could have said I'll accept your offer Nashville but let me finish school. Well school is finished. If it was going to get done he would have already played for Nashville as only a signature would have been required.

He hits free agency for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Hes gettinf Max offer from Nashville anyways.

What's the hold up?
    I may be wrong, but the way I understand NCAA rules, he isn't allowed to start negotiating anything until he signs some paperwork with the NCAA giving them his intent. This is the long weekend and won't be able to even sign any NCAA paperwork until the holiday weekend ends, so the earliest he can even begin negotiations with the Preds is Tuesday, after he signs off with the NCAA. He would risk losing his school eligibility if he had already begun negotiating anything, no matter what we assume he's going to sign. They have pretty strict rules about this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    The one reason to join Nashville is that he could play in this playoffs, right?
    The Predators is the only team he can sign with this season. If he chooses not to sign with them, he has to wait until this summer to become a UFA.

The Great One

What's there to negotiate. He could have played for Nashville yesterday.

And of course top ncaa players negotiate. Just like they have agents I mean "advisors"

Dobber Sports Padawan

What's there to negotiate. He could have played for Nashville yesterday.

And of course top ncaa players negotiate. Just like they have agents I mean "advisors"
    He could negotiate signing and performance bonuses so there is something to talk about. And I am pretty sure that NHL rules prohibit agents starting negotiations prior to him finishing his college playing days.

Banned

Another arguewithbigev.com thread,

is there a 'yawning' emoticon?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott AllStarMVP View Post
    Another arguewithbigev.com thread,

is there a 'yawning' emoticon?
    I dont know what thread you are reading but there is no one arguing with Big Ev in this thread. Not even close. In fact, no one is arguing with anyone.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    He could negotiate signing and performance bonuses so there is something to talk about. And I am pretty sure that NHL rules prohibit agents starting negotiations prior to him finishing his college playing days.
    I thought he was getting max term/signing bonuses. His ELC contract will be maxed out (or so I thought) so I don't see any room for negotiations.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont know what thread you are reading but there is no one arguing with Big Ev in this thread. Not even close. In fact, no one is arguing with anyone.
    Yeah wtf did I do lol