Thread: Hedman for Doughty straight up?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Hedman for Doughty straight up?

I have Hedman in a salary cap league that counts hits and PIMs, which happen to be two areas where I am weak. I am debating offering up Hedman to the Doughty owner. I am nervous about giving him up since Hedman hasn't hit his peak yet but at the same time I'm somewhat concerned about his PP usage. I can afford to take a bit of a hit in scoring and I'm also thinking ahead to Hedman's next contract, which will leave me in a tough spot. Any reason why I should not do this?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Hedman for Doughty straight up?

Doughty is, in my opinion, the more complete defenseman, and is more likely to help you in the peripheral cats like hits and PIM. Hedman's lack of PP time has been an ongoing thing for a couple years now, and I don't understand it, but as long as it continues to be low, Doughty should be able to basically match Hedman in point production too.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

Doughty for me in a league whit hit and pim...
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd keep Hedman and look to make up ground in the Hits and Penalty Minutes categories another way. The only real advantage with Doughty over Hedman is Hits, where Doughty almost doubles Hedman's hit totals. Hedman has a HUGE advantage in a salary cap league with that $4M cap hit for this year and next, while Doughty's $7M cap hit is massive in comparison. Use that $3M cap hit to go out and get a designated hitter (Komarov, Matt Martin, Clutterbuck, etc) to plug and play if you can.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'd keep Hedman and look to make up ground in the Hits and Penalty Minutes categories another way. The only real advantage with Doughty over Hedman is Hits, where Doughty almost doubles Hedman's hit totals. Hedman has a HUGE advantage in a salary cap league with that $4M cap hit for this year and next, while Doughty's $7M cap hit is massive in comparison. Use that $3M cap hit to go out and get a designated hitter (Komarov, Matt Martin, Clutterbuck, etc) to plug and play if you can.
    100% solid advice.
    10 Team 25 Player Keeper League (5 Keeper)
    Forward/Defence - G/A= 1 PIM= .2
    Goalies - W= 2 SO= 5

F: Steven Stamkos, Nicklas Backstrom, Dylan Larkin, Ryan O'Reilly, Lee Stepniak, Mathieu Perreault, Milan Lucic, Kyle Palmieri, Antoine Roussel, Sam Bennett, Jason Zucker, Anthony Duclair, Anders Lee, Drew Stafford, Victor Rask, Antoine Vermette, Boone Jenner,

D: Ryan Suter, Keith Yandle, Johnny Boychuk, Matt Niskanen

G: Mark-Andre Fluery, Connor Hellebuyck, Semyon Varlamov, Frederik Andersen

IR:

Keepers: Stamkos, Backstrom, Fluery, Andersen, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks guys, I will heed the majority opinion and hang on to Hedman.

Dobber Sports Monster

Good decision. I'm high on Hedman and believe he will get a norris before he hangs em up. He appears to just keep getting better and better.