Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Do you smoke or chew tobacco?

Administrator

Default Re: Do you smoke or chew tobacco?

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    What a unique way to tell us you've never smoked!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Been struggling to quit for a couple years now. Been on nicotine gum for most of it, but still supplement that with weekly cigars and the occasional cigarette. Need a new strategy. I know the problem is that I just need to try harder, but it's so good!
    I agree. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED smoking. A cigarette with a cup of coffee was just fantastic. I loved smoking when I drove, playing poker, and especially when I went fishing. I wasn't a heavy smoker- maybe 3-4 on a normal day. Just hit my 10-year quitting anniversary. When I quit I started running and biking and got into great shape. Still enjoy some secondhand smoke every once in a while.

If we learned that an asteroid was on a direct course for the Earth or Yellowstone just erupted, the first thing I am doing is going to get a couple packs of Kool Milds.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rato View Post
    I stopped smoking two months ago. Don't really have cravings but was never a heavy smoker (arround 5 cigarrettes a day most days). Curiously I dropped a considerable ammount of weight since then, but probably because I started watching what I eat.
    Is 5 cigarettes a day not considered being a "heavy smoker"? I know some people smoke a pack a day, but to me 5 a day seems heavy... that's like a cigarette every 3 hours you are awake.

I have never smoked but I used to chew with the guys when we went out.
    Still throw a lip of cope long cut in from time to time, can't say no to redman if someone has it either lol

Always smoke stogies on guys nights.
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Is 5 cigarettes a day not considered being a "heavy smoker"? I know some people smoke a pack a day, but to me 5 a day seems heavy... that's like a cigarette every 3 hours you are awake.
    A heavy smoker has at least a pack a day (20 cigs). Eisenhower smoked 4 packs a day during WWII.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Ive talked to people that said they did 2 packs a day and wonder how they are still walking lol MAN that is a load of ciggys. And on top of that this guy 'claims' to be a health nut. He eats and works out but use to smoke 2 packs and currently 1 pack a day. Guy does a lot of cardio like running.

Dobber Sports Genius

What a unique way to tell us you've never smoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ztking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerfan2430 View Post
    I have no words
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    LOL. FU guys. Just got that one. Had no idea why MD was getting such praise from a reply.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post

If we learned that an asteroid was on a direct course for the Earth or Yellowstone just erupted, the first thing I am doing is going to get a couple packs of Kool Milds.
    Lol great idea. I'll be picking up a few packs to chain smoke myself.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Never have, never will.
    This and that.

People who don't really know me don't believe that I have never tried a cigarette, not even once, but it is true.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

I once claimed to have never smoked cigarette, smoke a weed, drink a drop of alcohol but now all I can say is I have never smoked a weed

Dobber Sports Stud

I picked up smoking when I heard eating meat will kill you....so naturally I just thought smoking would be safer since it's supposed to be an appetite suppressant.......

(In honor of a previous thread)
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Monster

At this point it would take $100 cash for me to smoke another cigarette. I don't want to break the streak unless I'm getting compensated lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    At this point it would take $100 cash for me to smoke another cigarette. I don't want to break the streak unless I'm getting compensated lol
    Interesting. A coworker of mine had a couple of us willing to pay him $100 each to quit smoking for the whole summer. Couldn't hack it. But then again, there is a lot of boredom in the forest fire business and a lot of peer pressure to smoke.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

Interesting. A coworker of mine had a couple of us willing to pay him $100 each to quit smoking for the whole summer. Couldn't hack it. But then again, there is a lot of boredom in the forest fire business and a lot of peer pressure to smoke.

Enough money can drive a person do to almost anything lol. If someone came to me and said Ill pay you $5000 to lose 50 lbs in 3 months I would find a way lol. Kind of sickening in a way knowing I will do almost anything for money but can't find the same drive to lose weight that fast for my health. Im eating good and going to make my diet that much more strict but if a certain amount of money was offered I would go the extra mile lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Enough money can drive a person do to almost anything lol. If someone came to me and said Ill pay you $5000 to lose 50 lbs in 3 months I would find a way lol. Kind of sickening in a way knowing I will do almost anything for money but can't find the same drive to lose weight that fast for my health. Im eating good and going to make my diet that much more strict but if a certain amount of money was offered I would go the extra mile lol
    Sick in a way, sure but, it also takes acknowledging this inherent structure within human psychology. Doing something "for your health" is not really tangible. Do you feel immediate results from weight loss? Do you see them? That $5000 is tangible, which is what makes it alluring. Looking/feeling better are much more abstract so they don't function as well as incentives.

What is really sick is that you might actually find that the $5000 doesn't wind up being enough incentive to stick with it over three months because the reward is nowhere near as immediate as the reward food can provide.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg