Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Islanders trying to trade Hamonic

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Islanders trying to trade Hamonic

Everything points to Snow wanting a young D in return, not a fwd so he may not accept someone like RNH.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hamonic is rock solid and has a great contract but I've always viewed Nuge as a cornerstone you can truly build around and IMO, despite his size, he can be a phenomenal 2-way number 2C behind McDavid. I'm not so sure the Oilers make that trade.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Monster

Hopefully something works out for Hamonic soon so he can be closer to his family and ultimately be happier. Could see a better version of himself emerge as well. Who knows. I kind of feel for the guy.

Dobber Sports Master

I'm confused as to why Hamonic has EDM,CAL,VAN on his wishlist .He could move the sick family member to NYC and be home more often to spend time with said person .Isles road games include destinations that have them probably sleeping in their own bed (Rangers,Devils)much more often than if he played for oilers,flames,canucks .

obviously Winnipeg would be the best option , but NYC should certainly be considered #2 .

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I'm confused as to why Hamonic has EDM,CAL,VAN on his wishlist .He could move the sick family member to NYC and be home more often to spend time with said person .Isles road games include destinations that have them probably sleeping in their own bed (Rangers,Devils)much more often than if he played for oilers,flames,canucks .

obviously Winnipeg would be the best option , but NYC should certainly be considered #2 .
    Agreed...And I don't think he is the only player in NHL who want to be close to his family, just think about the Europeans. Don't know what is his family problem, but it seems it's not just being close to them...We'll see in the future...
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post

I have no idea what the personal issue is, but if the family member is sick, why move the family member from a Canadian health care system where he's being monitored by health professionals who know his situation and history, to the U.S. where he has to pay for health care and is around no one that knows his health situation or history and may have to go to the bottom of a waiting list? Not to mention the stress of moving. And the fact that family member would be moving away from other family members.

To me, it would be way more selfish to get the sick person to move if it wasn't needed.

It's probably a lot easier for Hamonic to be traded than vice versa.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I have no idea what the personal issue is, but if the family member is sick, why move the family member from a Canadian health care system where he's being monitored by health professionals who know his situation and history, to the U.S. where he has to pay for health care and is around no one that knows his health situation or history and may have to go to the bottom of a waiting list? Not to mention the stress of moving. And the fact that family member would be moving away from other family members.

To me, it would be way more selfish to get the sick person to move if it wasn't needed.

It's probably a lot easier for Hamonic to be traded than vice versa.
    Totally agree.

If I remember right, Hamonic stated that he's willing to play out this season with the Islanders, but if I had a player in this situation, I'd do my best to make it happen ASAP. I don't know the whole story, of course, so maybe it's not incredibly urgent. The Islanders are winning games, so it's probably hard for Snow to feel compelled to make a change any time soon, unless it's clearly beneficial for the team and Hamonic. I just wish for Hammer sake that it would happen already.

The Great One

My thoughts on some of the recent posts...

- Hamonic for RNH makes sense in that the players have comparable value, but I don't think it really works for either team. The Islanders want a defender in return and I think the Oilers would be nuts to deal one of their centers after being desperately weak at that position for years. They are truly fortunate to finally have two solid centers with Draisaitl available to play the wing and slot into the center position if/when injuries occur.

- I believe partly why Hamonic wants to be in Canada (even the West coast) is because he can visit his family more easily without having to cross the US/Canada border. A private jet/chartered flight from Vancouver or Edmonton can get him to Winnipeg quicker than another plane going through Customs, etc. from New York. What truly confuses me, however, is that apparently Colorado and Minnesota are teams on his list. That makes no sense to me whatsoever.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    My thoughts on some of the recent posts...

- Hamonic for RNH makes sense in that the players have comparable value, but I don't think it really works for either team. The Islanders want a defender in return and I think the Oilers would be nuts to deal one of their centers after being desperately weak at that position for years. They are truly fortunate to finally have two solid centers with Draisaitl available to play the wing and slot into the center position if/when injuries occur.
    Given what we know a Hamonic to the Oilers deal doesn't make sense at present. the Islanders want a D-man back and the only two Oilers they'd look at (Nurse and Klefbom) the Oilers are unlikely to move. The only way I see Hamonic ending up in Edmonton is if Snow changes his mind about accepting a forward, or the Oilers and Islanders involve a 3rd team in a 3-way deal. 3 way deals seem super hard to put together because now you have 3 teams who need to be satisfied, and manage the cap.

As far as moving RNH, the Oilers would be crazy to move him IMO. Centre is the most important forward position and they have been lacking up the middle for a long-time. Draisaitl has looked great but it's been 20 games, we'd need at least a full season of Leon's play to even consider it, even then I like the idea of having 3 quality centres, one of which is more than capable of playing wing, and the flexibility that provides.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

The brass tacks is that what the Islanders really want is Hamonic. Unless there's a guy of equivalent age, skill and contract status playing the defense position on a Western Canadian team who becomes disgruntled and wants a trade to a bigger city Hamonic is finishing the year in Brooklyn. Once the off-season hits there will be more flexibility for Snow to make a deal where he doesn't need to get an equivalent to Hamonic in return. While his name is "out there" I have given up on the possibility of a Hamonic trade until after the season.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    The brass tacks is that what the Islanders really want is Hamonic. Unless there's a guy of equivalent age, skill and contract status playing the defense position on a Western Canadian team who becomes disgruntled and wants a trade to a bigger city Hamonic is finishing the year in Brooklyn. Once the off-season hits there will be more flexibility for Snow to make a deal where he doesn't need to get an equivalent to Hamonic in return. While his name is "out there" I have given up on the possibility of a Hamonic trade until after the season.
    Their fantasy league trade block post would read like this:

Available for trade: Hamonic
    Team Needs: Hamonic

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Their fantasy league trade block post would read like this:

Available for trade: Hamonic
    Team Needs: Hamonic
    LOL lol lol pretty much. Which is why I agree with MD in that it has to happen after the season. I wonder if Harmonic and his agent would have thought of that and waited until after.. especially since it doesn't appear that urgent and especially since he said he was willing to play the whole year out... There's more to it for sure...

Also, not to jack the thread, but the Oiler should trade Eberle faster than you can say Eberle.. Keep RNH, he is a good kid but guys like Eberle are ruining him. Hall is a problem too but is getting better.. Not liking the mix of that team for a while now and if an experienced coach like Mclellan can't get them to work consistently, no one can.. MacT, Kruger, Quinn, Renney, MacT, Eakins, Nelson, McLellan, MacT, Kruger, Toe Blake, Bowman, Burns, MacT, Lemaire, Arbour.... these Oiler kids have seen'em all.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Monster

How pissed is Travis Hamonic right now? Damn

Dobber Sports Star

Stunt, this trade was never going to happen during the season. Especially with what Snow, justifiably, wants in return. I believe he will be part of a bigger trade in the off-season, with multiple parts moving. Just mu guess.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Also, not to jack the thread, but the Oiler should trade Eberle faster than you can say Eberle.. Keep RNH, he is a good kid but guys like Eberle are ruining him. Hall is a problem too but is getting better..

Why the hate for Eberle?
    Everything I have heard about him has been positive. Plus theer is teh problem that he is on MacJesus wing at the moment.

The only people that need to leave EDM, is the braintrust that has not brought in a decent defenceman in 6 years......