Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Islanders trying to trade Hamonic

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Islanders trying to trade Hamonic

Reinhart would do well to develop to a third pairing player.

And if you've read Hamonic's comments, he's not really handcuffing them.

He's said he's more than happy to play the whole season in NY.

He said he won't let the trade request become a disctraction.

He said he loves the Islanders organization and the request has nothing to do with the team.

He said he's open to expanding his trade list to more western teams if the return and fit make sense.

That's not much of a handcuff. He's essentially limited his list to Eastern Conference rivals.

The Great One

I'd really like to see Edmonton make a bold move here and get Hamonic. I like it when other teams make risky moves, even if they don't work out. Hamilton going to Calgary, Seguin going to Dallas, Kessel going to Toronto. Those are all risky moves. I want to see Edmonton make a move like that.

BTW, notice the trend in those three moves I listed? They all involved Boston. Who was Boston's GM before? Hmmm...interesting.

Klefbom, Eberle, 1st round pick 2016

for

Strome and Hamonic

C'mon, Chia...make a bold move!
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Reinhart would do well to develop to a third pairing player.

And if you've read Hamonic's comments, he's not really handcuffing them.

He's said he's more than happy to play the whole season in NY.

He said he won't let the trade request become a disctraction.

He said he loves the Islanders organization and the request has nothing to do with the team.

He said he's open to expanding his trade list to more western teams if the return and fit make sense.

That's not much of a handcuff. He's essentially limited his list to Eastern Conference rivals.
    That's what he's suppose to say though lol

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg
    I'd really like to see Edmonton make a bold move here and get Hamonic. I like it when other teams make risky moves, even if they don't work out. Hamilton going to Calgary, Seguin going to Dallas, Kessel going to Toronto. Those are all risky moves. I want to see Edmonton make a move like that.

BTW, notice the trend in those three moves I listed? They all involved Boston. Who was Boston's GM before? Hmmm...interesting.

for

Strome and Hamonic

That would be something else! Creative offer that I think both teams could do - so long as EDM doesn't get a high-chance lottery pick. I do think it's high time EDM makes some sort of move and shows their fans they're serious and ready to compete.

Rataylor really got me thinking about this whole situation... Hamonic is just the kind of player they need.

Great convo, all.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

for

Strome and Hamonic

I like it. That's a solid trade proposition. Rep for reasonable player value on both sides.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I like it. That's a solid trade proposition. Rep for reasonable player value on both sides.
    I agree... but there is a very real chance of that pick becoming Austin Matthews, because: Oilers (not that they suck so much as they have dark lottery voodoo associated with their picks)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Genius

As much as I don't want Hamonic in Edmonton (I obviously want him here in WPG), it would be incredibly foolish for the Oilers to let this opportunity pass. That franchise needs to make this happen. They've needed a guy like Hamonic for ages. I agree, it's time to make a bold move. Heck, it was time a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    As much as I don't want Hamonic in Edmonton (I obviously want him here in WPG), it would be incredibly foolish for the Oilers to let this opportunity pass. That franchise needs to make this happen. They've needed a guy like Hamonic for ages. I agree, it's time to make a bold move. Heck, it was time a couple years ago.
    I agree. Selfishly, I still want a Byfuglien sign and trade, but that's because Islanders current PP+Buff would be so money.

Dobber Sports Superstar

for

Strome and Hamonic

That seems like a lot given the Oilers pick will be a lottery pick, and at this rate is a favourite to be a top-5 draft pick. As an Oiler fan I think Eberle + Klefbom should be plenty to land Hamonic + Strome. in that Hamonic is ahead of Klefbom but Eberle is well ahead of Strome...

I don't see the Oilers moving their 1st for next year without some type of Auston Matthews protection associated with it.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Guru

Chiarelli didn't make the Hamilton deal though.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    That seems like a lot given the Oilers pick will be a lottery pick, and at this rate is a favourite to be a top-5 draft pick. As an Oiler fan I think Eberle + Klefbom should be plenty to land Hamonic + Strome. in that Hamonic is ahead of Klefbom but Eberle is well ahead of Strome...

I don't see the Oilers moving their 1st for next year without some type of Auston Matthews protection associated with it.
    Agreed. The Oilers shouldn't need to include a 1st round pick to this type of offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Chiarelli didn't make the Hamilton deal though.
    Yeah I know. That was a reach but speaks to Boston's mentality which I hope has a lot to do with the way Chiarelli operates.

I also think maybe the first round pick is a bit much but I'd rather them make the deal if that is what it takes. I really don't want Matthews anyway!
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Star

Hammer will make whatever team he's traded to better...period. His contract alone makes him very valuable. However, I don't see the Islanders moving Strome.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Deity

An interesting take by Islander insiders.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...ders-observers

In their “Isles Beat” podcast, Gallof and Jordan discussed a potential Hamonic trade at length and made a number of interesting speculations.

Jordan suggested that Isles fans wants an elite winger to play with New York ace John Tavares but said Hamonic needs to be replaced on the blueline, as New York’s d-man depth isn’t great. At the same time, Hamonic isn’t the best d-man in the Islanders.

“I don’t want anyone to think that Travis Hamonic going out the door is going to return some prime time scorer because I just don’t think that’s going to happen,” Jordan said.

Hamonic will need to be replaced on the blueline in a deal, Gallof agreed. “Everybody is going for the elite wing and that would be great, but the problem is they need to get an elite wing with a solid second-pairing defenceman (in a trade), and that makes it (such hopes/suggestions) very questionable.”

Who are Gallof and Jordan? Gallof is the N.Y. Islanders correspondent for TheFourthPeriod.com. He has been writing about the NHL & the NY Islanders for over eight years for sites such aqs CBS New York/WFAN, Huffington Post, and Hockeybuzz. Jordan is a long-time fan, blogger and podcaster.

Gallof mentioned that New York fans are over-reacting in several ways. “It sucks that it (trading Hamonic) has to be done. But you know what? People are acting like Travis Hamonic is the best defenceman they have. He’s not. And they’re also acting like the Islanders are getting nothing back and he’s going away for nothing, which is not happening.

“He’s a second-pairing defencemen … (Johnny) Boychuk and (Nick) Leddy are the top two and they’re paid as the top two.”

The Islanders might get a puck-mover who has a big pay day coming up for Hamonic, Gallof said.
    There's more to the column if you want to click it and read the whole thing. I just wanted to highlight what Islander insiders/reporters are saying about a possible trade and the type of expected return.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

The Islanders might get a puck-mover who has a big pay day coming up for Hamonic, Gallof said.
    That should narrow it down. If true, and assuming he moves out west, Byfuglien is really the only one that makes sense.

Although I have heard the Avs are looking to deal Barrie (not really west though) ... don't think Justin Schultz is getting a big pay day... Yandle and Campbell are too old... Krug isn't out west...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

The Great One

That article is interesting. Sounds like the writer is as high on Nurse as I am.

I don't mind a deal involving Klefbom. Davidson and Yakupov would also work for me. I know some will think that is nuts, but Yakupov has tremendous upside (he could really, really click nicely with JT on the top line) and Davidson has played relatively well this year. He could definitely play on the Islanders bottom pairing.

Anyway, as I said from the onset, I really think Hamonic ends up in Winnipeg. That is clearly his first choice, and the Jets have all kinds of right-handed dmen they could ship the other way, plus some really nice prospects they could include to even up the trade.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap