Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Islanders trying to trade Hamonic

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Islanders trying to trade Hamonic

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Sooooo Klefbom or Nurse.
    If they have had discussions as far back as September, it's obvious the Oilers don't want to trade these two or a deal would have already happened.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If they have had discussions as far back as September, it's obvious the Oilers don't want to trade these two or a deal would have already happened.
    So then I would say he's not going to Edmonton. Snow isn't in a rush. His hand isn't forced. Why is he going to trade Hamonic to Edmonton for something less than he wants because Edmonton says no to what he wants? Hamonic is playing well, the team is playing fine, he's in no desperate rush to force a trade.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    So then I would say he's not going to Edmonton. Snow isn't in a rush. His hand isn't forced. Why is he going to trade Hamonic to Edmonton for something less than he wants because Edmonton says no to what he wants? Hamonic is playing well, the team is playing fine, he's in no desperate rush to force a trade.
    You could be right. Who knows what Garth Snow is truly asking for. Sometimes I wonder if he even knows what he's thinking.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Long Island isn't the Big Apple.
    Brooklyn is no place for an Amish boy from the Prairies, lol!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

I've heard that a close family member is very ill so Hamonic wants to be close to his family. He is in good standing with the Islanders, and everyone involved realizes this is a unique situation. I think a deal will be made with Winnipeg, which is as close as possible to Hamonic's home. It isn't a great fit for Winnipeg who have a bunch of right-handed dmen already, but at the same time the Islanders want a right-handed dman in return, so on paper it makes sense.

If I had to guess, I could see Byfuglien or Trouba for Hamonic, though I find it interesting that Enstrom's name has popped up in rumors also today. I don't think Enstrom replaces Hamonic on the Islanders roster as well as Trouba or Byfuglien would, but the timing is interesting.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

Pelech ,RHD Mayfield ,RHD Pulock are pretty much nhl ready so while it would hurt to lose Hamonic theres no reason why they couldnt trade him for a forward .Hickey is also close to returning .

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yeah... No way EDM trades Nurse straight up for Hamonic (let's forget about the fact that he's a bit of a bandaid)... To me, that would at least be a lateral move, if not a step backwards (in the long run), for EDM. It would have to be part of a bigger deal or a couple of good picks coming back.

Don't really care who you are... a freshly drafted 7th overall doesn't get moved for a mid 2nd rounder - opinions aside, that's just the politics of the game. Plus I am one of those people that thinks Nurse (a future top 2 dman with game-breaking ability - if you don't count him as one already) has higher upside than Hamonic (a solid, two-way, top 4 dman that misses 10+ games every year).

Maybe I'm alone in that thought though... I get that Hamonic is a very solid two-way guy and I know the Nurse debate is a strong one - you either love his game or hate it. He takes chances and is a liability out there at times but it's a learning process for him... and I give the kid the benefit of the doubt - not very often a 20 year old Dman comes in and plays 20 minutes a game... not to mention 5 points in 10 games (21 hits, 13 blocked shots as well).

Makes sense that NYI would be trying to reach for him in return though.

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    Pelech ,RHD Mayfield ,RHD Pulock are pretty much nhl ready so while it would hurt to lose Hamonic theres no reason why they couldnt trade him for a forward .Hickey is also close to returning .
    That's a good point and very interesting.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Genius

Any chance Vancouver could get this done? I can't see it and I wouldn't want to trade Edler ether as I think he's an underrated defencemen.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    Don't really care who you are... a freshly drafted 7th overall doesn't get moved for a mid 2nd rounder - opinions aside, that's just the politics of the game.
    Mid 2nd rounders who I would trade Nurse for in an instant: Shea Weber (49th overall), Roman Josi (38th), PK Subban (43rd)...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Mid 2nd rounders who I would trade Nurse for in an instant: Shea Weber (49th overall), Roman Josi (38th), PK Subban (43rd)...
    LOL I would definitely do that as well. I guess I should've elaborated... Hamonic isn't close to any of those guys - "a mid 2nd rounder who hasn't justified himself to be worth the value of a freshly drafted 7th overall".
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Yeah and Weber/Subban were able to cash in with big contracts despite the lack of being a high pick. Draft position matters in some cases but it's far from a set rule.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Draft position has very little to do with trade value. Nurse has huge value, not because he was the 7th overall pick, but because he has tremendous upside. Hamonic also has lots of value, but unfortunately his value will be diminished because he is forcing a trade and he has limited his options to a handful of teams.

Because of this, a Nurse for Hamonic deal is not likely to happen, even if a deal like that would make some sense for both teams. I'm sure the Islanders would be on board, but with the way Nurse has played and the raw skills he possesses, I suspect Edmonton feels Nurse could turn into an even better dman than Hamonic in the not-to-distant future.

I don't think Edmonton will get Hamonic for a few reasons, not the least of which is that they don't really have a dman that would satisfy the Islanders' demands. Maybe the Islanders change their demands and decide that a forward would work, and in that case maybe they'd accept Eberle or Yakupov+.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yeah and Weber/Subban were able to cash in with big contracts despite the lack of being a high pick. Draft position matters in some cases but it's far from a set rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Draft position has very little to do with trade value. Nurse has huge value, not because he was the 7th overall pick, but because he has tremendous upside. Hamonic also has lots of value, but unfortunately his value will be diminished because he is forcing a trade and he has limited his options to a handful of teams.

Because of this, a Nurse for Hamonic deal is not likely to happen, even if a deal like that would make some sense for both teams. I'm sure the Islanders would be on board, but with the way Nurse has played and the raw skills he possesses, I suspect Edmonton feels Nurse could turn into an even better dman than Hamonic in the not-to-distant future.

I don't think Edmonton will get Hamonic for a few reasons, not the least of which is that they don't really have a dman that would satisfy the Islanders' demands. Maybe the Islanders change their demands and decide that a forward would work, and in that case maybe they'd accept Eberle or Yakupov+.
    I totally agree with you both.

I wish I had time to better explain myself but I'm at work and threw my thoughts down rather quickly...

Basically, Nurse is looking more and more like a deserved 7th overall pick. While Hamonic has definitely increased his own value since being drafted, I still don't think he is as valuable as Nurse is proving to be/has the potential to become nor would I move a 7th overall pick for him.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Icon

It makes no sense at all for the Oilers to trade Nurse or Klefbom to acquire Travis Hamonic. The Oilers need to add quality dmen and not switch out their young dmen for slightly older more developed dmen. Making that kind of move would be the equivalent of letting Petry walk and signing Sekera.

The deal that might make sense for the Oilers is to move one of Eberle or Yakupov for Hamonic. If the Islanders want a dman back then something like Eberle/Fayne/pick or prospect for Hamonic/Bailey would make a lot of sense.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    It makes no sense at all for the Oilers to trade Nurse or Klefbom to acquire Travis Hamonic. The Oilers need to add quality dmen and not switch out their young dmen for slightly older more developed dmen. Making that kind of move would be the equivalent of letting Petry walk and signing Sekera.

The deal that might make sense for the Oilers is to move one of Eberle or Yakupov for Hamonic. If the Islanders want a dman back then something like Eberle/Fayne/pick or prospect for Hamonic/Bailey would make a lot of sense.
    For Edmonton sure. Eberle is overrated and Fayne is bad. Doesn't make sense for the Islanders though.